One Final Feature Playtonic Needs To Add To The Game... (Plus A Bonus)

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
John Enigma

One Final Feature Playtonic Needs To Add To The Game... (Plus A Bonus)

Postby John Enigma » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:52 pm

That feature happens to be a collectable tracker.

What do I mean by this? A feature in where you actually keep track of stuff you collect.

If anybody remembers Super Mario Sunshine, every time the player pressed the Z Button, it sended you to a page where you collected all of the Shine Sprites from the Island.

Also, every time you paused the game in Super Mario 64 DS, you would see in the upper screen, all the Stars you've collected (from all the stages, and the Secret Stars). As far as I know, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo Tooie also had this "paused-game" feature, just not the same as SM64DS.

They should do this, IMO.

Plus a bonus: Wouldn't it be cool if Playtonic created their own version of the Stop N' Swop? But instead of six colorful eggs and an ice key, it should be 9 (insert item you would love, that Playtonic might included here) and a (insert final item you would love, that Playtonic might include here). The power of collecting these items can be used to unlock a special Bonus World or something.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

dotEXE

Re: One Final Feature Playtonic Needs To Add To The Game... (Plus A Bonus)

Postby dotEXE » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie both had "view totals" screens that breaks down how many of what items you've gathered from each level, and an overall total.
Make the forum great again.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:09 pm

dotEXE wrote:Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie both had "view totals" screens that breaks down how many of what items you've gathered from each level, and an overall total.

Yeah. But it wasn't the same as SM64DS, in where you would actually scroll with the left and right button to see all the stuff you've collected from ALL the places you've been.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

CrazyChaos

Postby CrazyChaos » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Four screens showing four different total screens for four different worlds as well as indicators for pressing left or right to scroll through to different worlds. You could also view totals for the hub world, so yes it was possible to view totals for ALL of the places that you've been. Banjo-Tooie only expanded this, so I do not see why this would not be added.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:34 pm

CrazyChaos wrote:Image

Four screens showing four different total screens for four different worlds as well as indicators for pressing left or right to scroll through to different worlds. You could also view totals for the hub world, so yes it was possible to view totals for ALL of the places that you've been. Banjo-Tooie only expanded this, so I do not see why this would not be added.

Sorry. I didn't noticed it. My bad.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:09 pm

What does everyone think of my Stop N' Swop idea, despite the fact that this topic is in another thread?
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 pm

John Enigma wrote:What does everyone think of my Stop N' Swop idea, despite the fact that this topic is in another thread?

I'd love for them to do a StopNSwop n I do think they will too sing as though it's a banjo successor. It went be eggs and it won't be called stopnswop but there will be something...

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:06 pm

The total screen in DK64 was brilliant.

CrazyChaos

Postby CrazyChaos » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:48 am

For the stop 'n' swop, I do not care for it specifically returning. They have already confirmed that there will be secrets that they intend to try to keep so well hidden that it will, according to them, take a very long time for players to find. Or they said something along the lines of that, I think. I would not expect a stop 'n' swop rehash though, and I personally would prefer something new anyway.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”