The camera

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
polomi

The camera

Postby polomi » Fri May 01, 2015 10:18 am

I always thought that the camera was one of the worst things in 3D platformers. Not because it bothers me, but I've had friends who stopped playing games like Banjo solely because of the camera implementation. I think it's crucial that Playtonic nails it down this time. So here's some feedback from the IGN's video:

It seems that the camera's height never change, and it is set to always keep the characters at the center. This is atrocious. It makes the camera bob up and down like mad every time the characters jump.

Before anyone says that it's very early in development and they're still working on it... duh, no kidding! :lol: People seem to love reminding everyone about this every other minute on this forum. It shouldn't prevent me from giving some feedback and start discussions about it. So what do you think?

Lupo

Re: The camera

Postby Lupo » Fri May 01, 2015 10:20 am

Personally, I had no problems with the camera from games like BK and DK64, though my friend says the camera is horrible in DK64, but this is also the first time he has played it.

So I don't really mind all too much, just as long as you don't have to fight the camera to much :P
Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

luzooie

Re: The camera

Postby luzooie » Fri May 01, 2015 10:25 am

I think a lot of the camera issues in BK and DK64 were due to the constraints of the controller/system. Any Wii U game I've played has had utterly perfect camera control (Hyrule Warriors sticks in mind, so fluid and easily controllable and perfect), so I can't imagine camera control being an issue at all in future Playtonic games. Let's hope I'm right! :D

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”