What have YOU pledged? POLL

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

Which reward did you go for?

SPECIAL THANKS IN CREDITS
No votes
DIGITAL COPY OF GAME
23%
DELUXE PACKAGE WITH SOUNDTRACK/ART BOOK
31%
EXCLUSIVE T-SHIRT
7%
BOXED DELUXE PACKAGE
25%
BOXED DELUXE WITH POSTER
1%
64-BIT EDITION
10%
JOIN A DESIGN MEETING
1%
VOICE A CHARACTER
2%
VIP
1%

Total votes: 170

Scrubber

Re: What have YOU pledged? POLL

Postby Scrubber » Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 pm

TheHeartMan wrote:Honestly, it's a good thing I don't have life savings. Had I access to the money, I would have absolutely blown it on the opportunity to voice a garbledeegook character. :oops:

Ditto! Two people on here have shelled out for the N64 cart. Reveal yourselves

Chris.P.Bacon

Postby Chris.P.Bacon » Fri May 01, 2015 7:45 pm

I could only afford the console digital game .. 15 quid

Boy if i HAD the money id have gone for the 5000€ one voicing a character would have been soooooo much fun!

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Fri May 01, 2015 7:55 pm

I threw money at them like it was a gentlemens club. Will say how much once the KS finishes.

SM64Guy

Postby SM64Guy » Fri May 01, 2015 8:34 pm

I got the Steam version, since that's really all I want. I mean, I'd love a cartridge or a boxed copy, but it's not like I'm rich.

BadElf

Postby BadElf » Fri May 01, 2015 8:48 pm

The N64 Cartridge looks SO good. I havent pledged yet. I was gunna do the Digital Deluxe with the Digital Artbook and soundtrack. But I really don't want digital. I was hoping there was gunna be a Physical Console release. But what are ya gunna do. I will probably just do the one under that, to get digital on console of your choice. $15 I think?

BadElf

Postby BadElf » Fri May 01, 2015 8:50 pm

SM64Guy wrote:I got the Steam version, since that's really all I want. I mean, I'd love a cartridge or a boxed copy, but it's not like I'm rich.
That N64 case looks Glorious doesnt it?

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri May 01, 2015 8:51 pm

BadElf wrote:The N64 Cartridge looks SO good. I havent pledged yet. I was gunna do the Digital Deluxe with the Digital Artbook and soundtrack. But I really don't want digital. I was hoping there was gunna be a Physical Console release. But what are ya gunna do. I will probably just do the one under that, to get digital on console of your choice. $15 I think?

$15 is the PC version, console is ~$23 IIRC.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

BadElf

Postby BadElf » Fri May 01, 2015 8:56 pm

GrayMagicΓ wrote:
BadElf wrote:The N64 Cartridge looks SO good. I havent pledged yet. I was gunna do the Digital Deluxe with the Digital Artbook and soundtrack. But I really don't want digital. I was hoping there was gunna be a Physical Console release. But what are ya gunna do. I will probably just do the one under that, to get digital on console of your choice. $15 I think?

$15 is the PC version, console is ~$23 IIRC.
Oh Ok. Nice!

Pauper

Postby Pauper » Fri May 01, 2015 8:57 pm

I am pledging for the psychical game. I am beyond ecstatic right now! :D

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri May 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Can't believe how wrong I was about PC, it seems pretty popular. All about console for me.

TheHeartMan

Postby TheHeartMan » Fri May 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Scrubber wrote:Can't believe how wrong I was about PC, it seems pretty popular. All about console for me.

PC has experienced a massive recursion and explosion in popularity as a result of platforms like Steam as well as how much easier it is to produce independent games on (popular PC games like League of Legends also helped, undoubtedly, and brought PC gaming more into public scope). People have also been pretty unsatisfied with the console market as of late from what I've gathered from my console "connections". Last console I owned was the XBox 360 until maybe about a year or two after Nuts and Bolts launched?

PC is just so encompassing at this point that it's hard not to at least have a mild interest in it.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri May 01, 2015 9:23 pm

TheHeartMan wrote:
Scrubber wrote:Can't believe how wrong I was about PC, it seems pretty popular. All about console for me.

PC has experienced a massive recursion and explosion in popularity as a result of platforms like Steam as well as how much easier it is to produce independent games on (popular PC games like League of Legends also helped, undoubtedly, and brought PC gaming more into public scope). People have also been pretty unsatisfied with the console market as of late from what I've gathered from my console "connections". Last console I owned was the XBox 360 until maybe about a year or two after Nuts and Bolts launched?

PC is just so encompassing at this point that it's hard not to at least have a mild interest in it.

Its about the comfort and visual experience for me. I'd never choose sitting in my computer room on an uncomfortable office chair on a 10-20" screen over sitting in my living room on my comfortable couch on my 50" screen.

Not bashing PC gamers here BTW your set up might be much better...

TheHeartMan

Postby TheHeartMan » Fri May 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Scrubber wrote:
TheHeartMan wrote:

Its about the comfort and visual experience for me. I'd never choose sitting in my computer room on an uncomfortable office chair on a 10-20" screen over sitting in my living room on my comfortable couch on my 50" screen.

Not bashing PC gamers here BTW your set up might be much better...

Some "battlestations" (as they're lovingly coined from time to time) are insanely lavish. Mine is nowhere near that level, but even so, I'd much rather be at my computer playing a game than crumpled on a couch with other people vying for control of the television (assuming you don't live alone).

For a co-op experience though, I do think the couch and console is the way to go.

SUPERS0NICBOOM

Postby SUPERS0NICBOOM » Sat May 02, 2015 5:34 am

SUPERS0NICBOOM wrote:I got the Exclusive T-Shirt one...Considering raising my pledge to the Boxed PC Version with the T-Shirt

I raised my pledge. Just couldn't resist those psychical goodies! :mrgreen:
You're too slow!

Austin_4e

Postby Austin_4e » Sat May 02, 2015 5:35 am

Can't change my vote but I upped my pledge to the Deluxe package for a PC copy and Console copy.
EEKUM BOKUM!

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat May 02, 2015 6:10 am

I haven't pledged yet, but as soon as I get money next week I'm getting the £70 boxed edition. The rest is out of my price range!

I think the £35 digital deluxe box is very good value for money for what you get, so I'm unsurprised that a lot of people have chosen it.

Austin_4e wrote:Can't change my vote but I upped my pledge to the Deluxe package for a PC copy and Console copy.

The poll's been edited to allow you to change your vote.
Taylonic Ltd.

Archvile78

Postby Archvile78 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:07 am

Originally went with the £15 goal for the digital console copy but i just changed to the "Digital Deluxe Edition" because soundtrack!

lavamario

Postby lavamario » Sat May 02, 2015 7:32 am

I got the PC Boxed Deluxe set, and I'm ecstatic.
I just have to have a physical copy. Digital doesn't do it for me.

I am a bit sad at missing my shot for an N64 cart though. :(
I was ready to throw $300 at it, but $515 is rather excessive for me. If I could time travel and find out that Yooka-Laylee would end up being in my top 9 games or something, then I'd have definitely caved. As it is now, I'm just happy to support the people who made my childhood.

karashata

Postby karashata » Sat May 02, 2015 8:01 am

I'm just glad I got my tax refund when I did...

Piet

Postby Piet » Sat May 02, 2015 8:05 am

I pledged 70!
Don't care for the t-shirt, but I want everything physical (ex. the N64 thingy) & digital (for my Wii U).

Maaaannnnn, I can' wait! :D

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”