List 'o Ideas

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Lupo

List 'o Ideas

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Hey everyone,

Even though the forum has only be around for one day, there have already been some brilliant ideas suggested on here, so I decided to create this neat list to try and avoid people making duplicate suggestions... and to stop my OCD screaming in my ear

I will also include threads where a certain topic of suggestions would be discussed

If I have missed anything, then feel free to reply with a link to the thread and I will try to update it regularly (I'll try to update at least two/three times a week)

You can now find the top ten suggested/discussed ideas/suggestions (as suggested by Taylor) directly below. The full list of suggestions is beneath the top ten. These are purely ranked (in no particular order) based on how frequently new topics have been made about it or threads which have had a vast amount of replies. this one will be updated less frequently)
Top Ten Suggested/Discussed Ideas:

The list has now been split into convenient little categories to make finding specific ideas and suggestions even easier :D (Thanks to Taylor and Xellos for the suggestion)

Current Suggestions:
Once upon a time… (Story)

It’s how you play the game! (Gameplay)

Message in a bottle. (Connectivity)

Useless Item Hoarders (Collection

It’s a small world (Worlds)

Critter Cast (Characters)

Egg on ya face (Easter Eggs and Crossovers)

BEEPBOPBOOP! (Technical and Graphics)

The Ukulele Fund (Kickstarter)

Standin’ Out (Miscellaneous)

If there is anything missing, please reply with a link. I won't include anything which is a duplicate suggestion/request :)

Please only post links to existing ideas and not actual ideas in this thread! I want to try and keep it neat and tidy! Thank you!

Leon
Last edited by Lupo on Fri May 01, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Taylor

Re: Suggestion Reference List

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:50 pm

This list would grow to impossible sizes if you chose to include every single suggestion. Some suggestions aren't popular with everybody -- I think over time we will see people suggesting the same things and will know which ideas are really popular with the majority of the fan base.
Taylonic Ltd.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:54 pm

Taylor wrote:This list would grow to impossible sizes if you chose to include every single suggestion. Some suggestions aren't popular with everybody -- I think over time we will see people suggesting the same things and will know which ideas are really popular with the majority of the fan base.

I'll see how it goes... I'm just a sucker for lists... love those bullet points hehe
Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Maybe a world suggestion.
How about a world in which the characters are as big as a mice and travel trough a giant bathroom with a giant bathtub which have pipes which are connectet with a sink, a washing machine and a toilet and the player must dive and travel through those pipes (like in clankers cavern) to reach those other areas ... and the world is inhabitet by rubber ducks and soap with google eyes.I could imagine a world like this could a spiritual successor to clankers cavern. It would have some water diving parts but mostly platforming parts that required some skills (click clock wood like). If this idea could be made by the playtonic team I could imagine it would really fit in a banjo kazzoie spiritual successor and would be also an very creative and unique world. The worlds name could be like "Bathtub Pipe Maze" which sounds really like a bk world.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Alucard wrote:Maybe a world suggestion.
How about a world in which the characters are as big as a mice and travel trough a giant bathroom with a giant bathtub which have pipes which are connectet with a sink, a washing machine and a toilet and the player must dive and travel through those pipes (like in clankers cavern) to reach those other areas ... and the world is inhabitet by rubber ducks and soap with google eyes.I could imagine a world like this could a spiritual successor to clankers cavern. It would have some water diving parts but mostly platforming parts that required some skills (click clock wood like). If this idea could be made by the playtonic team I could imagine it would really fit in a banjo kazzoie spiritual successor and would be also an very creative and unique world. The worlds name could be like "Bathtub Pipe Maze" which sounds really like a bk world.

There's a thread for that on the list now, if there are idea threads not on the list please post a link to them here

Just updated the list with a few more threads
Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Jens
Site Admin

Postby Jens » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:02 pm

Lupo suggested that we make this thread sticky, so as a test I tried it. Seems to work! I'll leave it up to Andy if we keep it like this.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Jens wrote:Lupo suggested that we make this thread sticky, so as a test I tried it. Seems to work! I'll leave it up to Andy if we keep it like this.

Thank you very much, hopefully he doesn't mind it ;)

Enrel

Postby Enrel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:08 pm

It's nice to have a thread like this! Hopefully we'll see some people utilize it!

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Enrel wrote:It's nice to have a thread like this! Hopefully we'll see some people utilize it!

That's the idea :D

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Jens wrote:Lupo suggested that we make this thread sticky, so as a test I tried it. Seems to work! I'll leave it up to Andy if we keep it like this.

The long-awaited first post from an admin. I wonder if Jens has tested the appointment of moderators feature... ;)
Taylonic Ltd.

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Taylor wrote:The long-awaited first post from an admin. I wonder if Jens has tested the appointment of moderators feature... ;)

For some reason I decided to check their member profiles to see if they've been reading, and they have all been on today. Except for 1Hz, though I don't have a guess as to whom that is.

Don't appoint me as a moderator, but damn do we need some! This place is pretty messy right now.
Last edited by supergardie on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alph

Postby Alph » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:18 pm

Don't forget the thread that suggests the inclusion of an unnamed goldfish who taps his bowl three times.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8

This game could really use one of those.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Alph wrote:Don't forget the thread that suggests the inclusion of an unnamed goldfish who taps his bowl three times.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8

This game could really use one of those.

Just added it hehe ;)

Alph

Postby Alph » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Haha, cool!

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:21 pm

Taylor wrote:

The long-awaited first post from an admin. I wonder if Jens has tested the appointment of moderators feature... ;)

Yeah, I'm curious about that.

DKBananaSlamma

Postby DKBananaSlamma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:28 pm

We need to have my oc, kong donkey in this game,

Jens
Site Admin

Postby Jens » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Taylor wrote:

I actually did... For some reason I thought that people in the admin group will get moderator permissions as well, but that was a separate setting. I think we banninated the first troll, and the worst posts have been deleted. Please make sure to use the "report post" button if you notice anyone misbehaving.
I think we'll recruit some community moderators very soon.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Jens wrote:I actually did... For some reason I thought that people in the admin group will get moderator permissions as well, but that was a separate setting. I think we banninated the first troll, and the worst posts have been deleted. Please make sure to use the "report post" button if you notice anyone misbehaving.

That's very good to hear.
Last edited by Xellos on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Jens wrote:
Taylor wrote:

I actually did... For some reason I thought that people in the admin group will get moderator permissions as well, but that was a separate setting. I think we banninated the first troll, and the worst posts have been deleted. Please make sure to use the "report post" button if you notice anyone misbehaving.

Yay, congrats on your first ban :3
And glad to hear, we certainly are already starting to form a great community, and all we know are a couple of screenies and what we are collecting in the game hehe

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:52 am

Re-posting this here as I don't feel it deserves it's own thread.

Unlockable in-game music: (Kickstarter stretch-goal?)
What if the soundtrack was composed of two versions for every level: maybe an orchestral and electronic one (also possibly varying slightly on the arrangement to make them truly stand apart).

Perhaps you could unlock the orchestral/electronic versions for every level by collecting a special hard-to-get item, like a Music Pagie, or by completing special challenges in-game. It'd make a fun reward to be given the option to change every level's music into something different, but similar.

Perhaps if an orchestra is too expensive, the unlockable electronic version could be an 8-bit/nostalgic/other special genre (like jazz etc.) arrangement. It'd probably be cheaper to produce, but still awesome to listen to. I should patent this idea -- think I'm onto a winner! :lol:

(viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155 - Original thread I posted this in)
Taylonic Ltd.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”