Let's run on water, shall we?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Some Audio Engineer

Let's run on water, shall we?

Postby Some Audio Engineer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:55 pm

First off, if the team is reading this, congrats on what looks like an amazing project! Great to see the people who made games I loved as a child coming together to craft something so near and dear to many hearts. You wanted opinions, so here's mine!

1. Your game looks to fit the Nintendo platform very well, I hope it's on the table!
2. Amiibo support is a great idea, it'd expose the game to many many more people, I'd also collect the crap out of them :P
3. Not sure if that's a tree frog, a chameleon, a gecko, a Jesus lizard, a salamander, or what, but I'd like to see him run on water ;)
4. It'd be cool if that character above had a bow and arrow.
5. Giant snake boss, just because.
6. Love the idea of the levels opening up more as the player progresses.
7. Lot's of collectables, but not overly difficult to acquire.
8. Don't be like recent Zelda games and have a monstrous opening tutorial.
9. VR seems a bit over the top for this game, you seemed put on the spot with that question, be careful how you word your answers to those. Try "that's something the team will discuss in the future" over "yeah! well see if we can do that!"
10. I saw on the twitter feed that you guys have already been sent an mp3 mix. This is great, but a .wav, or .aiff file would be much more hi-res, and less compressed. That's just the engineer in me talking

Love the game, keep up the excellent work

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”