A Good Idea For Playtonic Games Next Game...

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
John Enigma

A Good Idea For Playtonic Games Next Game...

Postby John Enigma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:35 pm

...If the guys are interested.

If "Project Ukulele" becomes successful, and Playtonic Games decides to make another spiritual successor (depending if Playtonic is interested in making it), I wish that they're next spiritual successor was about Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Why Conker's Bad Fur Day? Well, I thought of this idea, ever since Playtonic Games got founded on their first day.

Imagine this: the main protagonist is a honeybadger* instead of a rodent; he is sort of a hero; the world he lives in is like a combination between the world of Conker's Bad Fur Day mixed with the open world of GTA V; the game should have modern, but really funny jokes.

*I envision the honeybadger to be just like how Randall says who it is, like in that famous meme video "The Crazy Nasty-A** Honey Badger." That's where the phrase "Honeybadger Don't Care" and "Honeybadger Don't Give a Sh**." came from.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about here's the original YouTube video. And here's the Know Your Meme link in case you're still curious.

So what do you guys think? Pretty good idea, huh?
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Lazicful

Re: A Good Idea For Playtonic Games Next Game...

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:12 pm

Great i love memes.
problem officer?
Watch out we got a badass over here
forever alone
derp le derp!
Know that feel
You're gonna have a bad time
My favorite line from V from Vendetta is: "Behind this mask there's not just flesh and bones and brains, but there's also another bulletproof mask, and bulletproof masks are bulletproof."

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 pm

Lazicful wrote:Great. I love memes.

That's the point I'm trying to make. That Playtonic Games next game, if they want to make it, is about this funny meme: the honey badger.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:27 pm

Lol. I can't. I literally can't. XD
please give me a shout out when it's famous on 9gag!
yellow memes
My favorite line from V from Vendetta is: "Behind this mask there's not just flesh and bones and brains, but there's also another bulletproof mask, and bulletproof masks are bulletproof."

Shoegayzer

Postby Shoegayzer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:29 pm

-
Last edited by Shoegayzer on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:33 pm

Shoegayzer wrote:You certainly are an enigma John...

Like the one Alan Turing has to solve?
He did a great job even though he was on the wrong team
Last edited by Lazicful on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shoegayzer

Postby Shoegayzer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 pm

-

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Shoegayzer wrote:You certainly are an enigma John...
Why? Did I said something wrong?
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

EarthBound

Postby EarthBound » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:37 pm

I would prefer they do another spiritual successor instead of another 3D platformer. What about a kart adventure? Or a mission-based FPS? Or a Jet Force Gemini successor? I wouldn't dislike a Conker-style game, but I would love if they resurrect both GoldenEye/Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing formulas.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:38 pm

EarthBound wrote:I would prefer they do another spiritual successor instead of another 3D platformer. What about a kart adventure? Or a mission-based FPS? Or a Jet Force Gemini successor? I wouldn't dislike a Conker-style game, but I would love if they resurrect both GoldenEye/Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing formulas.

It would be cool if they did something like Diddy Kong Racing, it was a very unique racer in my opinion :)
Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Shoegayzer

Postby Shoegayzer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:41 pm

-

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:44 pm

A spiritual successor to Conkers Bad Fur Day would be just awesome. I can imagine the main character should be a Skunk which nobody likes because he stinks and have a behaviour like boogerman (a mix between conker and boogerman).

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:59 pm

Alucard wrote:A spiritual successor to Conkers Bad Fur Day would be just awesome. I can imagine the main character should be a Skunk which nobody likes because he stinks and have a behaviour like boogerman (a mix between conker and boogerman).

Right, a skunk. Or a wolverine. Or an armadillo that doesn't want to be an uptight wimp anymore.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Viellain
Location: The North American Plate on Planet Earth, part of the Solar System within the Milky Way.

Postby Viellain » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 am

I would like to see them make a strategy game like Civilization or something. They're really great at theming and design and putting yourself in some atmosphere so that would fit perfectly with a civilization type game.

MFWolfe

Postby MFWolfe » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:07 am

Next game: Tookulele

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 am

A racing adventure game with the characters from Ukulele and the ability to build your own vehicles Nuts 'N' Bolts style!!!

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:33 am

Something that I forgot to say was, that Playtonic's next game should also be (again, if they want to) a tps (Third Person Shooter) action-adventure a la Perfect Dark/Goldeneye 007, but with parkour.

That's all I have. Ya'll can finish the rest if you want.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

FungiGamer

Postby FungiGamer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:11 pm

EarthBound wrote:I would prefer they do another spiritual successor instead of another 3D platformer. What about a kart adventure?

I think they'll probably wait until they have a fairly-full cast of characters before tackling a racing game, purely on the fact that their Playtonic Universe idea is basically a reverse of their intentions with Diddy Kong Racing. Instead of having all the different game protagonists revealed in the racing game and then giving eash their own titles, they seem to want to reveal a bunch of protagonists through games and THEN have them meet up later in a "Smash Bros. company character roster" kind of way.

Actually, you know what? Why not a fighting game as well, assuming the new protagonists won't show up as guest stars in Smash 5 down the road? First it'll be racing, then a fighting game!

Phyreburnz

Postby Phyreburnz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:00 pm

I would really love to see another sidescrolling 2D platformer. The Donkey Kong Country series was my favorite of all the Rareware games and I would really love to see these guys come up with a new platformer similar to that :)

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:I would really love to see another sidescrolling 2D platformer. The Donkey Kong Country series was my favorite of all the Rareware games and I would really love to see these guys come up with a new platformer similar to that :)

Try to remember that Retro Studios are the ones making the Donkey Kong Country games nowadays.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”