What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Bjoern the Smexy

What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Postby Bjoern the Smexy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:37 pm

So this is an obvious question with obvious answers:

Which platforms do you want to play Project Ukulele on?

In case someone has no overview of current generation consoles, these are probably the most possible answers:

- Nintendo Wii U
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Microsoft Xbox One
- PC (Windows)
- PC (Linux)
- PC (Mac)

In case of handhelds there are the Nintendo 3DS and the Sony PlayStation Vita.

Knock yourself our, and don't forget that naming more than one platform is allowed.
You may explain your choice of platform if you want to.

My choices would be Wii U and PC (with any OS).

kdavis

Re: What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Postby kdavis » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:39 pm

It just seems like it'll feel natural on Nintendo consoles. But for their own sake, they should have as broad of a reach as possible.

ashthedragon

Postby ashthedragon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:41 pm

I would love it on the 3DS or Vita, to be honest. But Wii U will be the best bet, probably. Also would like it at PS4...

But If I only can chose one, 3ds/Wii U

SlackerTom

Postby SlackerTom » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm primarily a PC gamer, so in addition to Windows I'd love to see support for Linux/SteamOS. But I would also be happy with Wii U as well.

TMic95

Postby TMic95 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:45 pm

It would be absolutely amazing to see a Platformer like this on the playstation 4. Having a beautiful Platformer to play made by the best in the business, to play on the most powerful hardware would be awesome.

noahcopeland44

Postby noahcopeland44 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:46 pm

I think it'd good to have on every platform. Obviously, Wii U is the most natural choice. However, at the same time, a lot of gamers who played Banjo on N64 when they were little now have Xbox's and PS4's, so it would not be a bad idea to have them there.
However, I think the team should make Wii U a priority. Just my opinion. The Wii U hardware can be particular, yet its the most appropriate platform for the game IMO so it should be kept in mind throughout development. (and plus, it it's not on Wii U, I'll have no place to play it :? )
Retro video game music as Rock/Metal songs with vocals!
why? because it's awesome. that's why.

woodspirit

Postby woodspirit » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Definitely on the Wii U but I'd also love it on the Xbox One

levy

Postby levy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:50 pm

I own a Wii U & PC only, these seem the most logical places for this game. But I would love to see a release for Playstation 4 (which I'm buying eventually) and XBox One as well. Such attention to detail and master in games should be seen by everybody at every platforms. Hope the Kickstarter can make it happen.

Cube

Postby Cube » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:52 pm

I want a BBC Micro version.

But PC and Wii U will do.

photonblaze

Postby photonblaze » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:54 pm

3DS and Wii U!

Zalman

Postby Zalman » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Preferably Wii U for me.

JoVo-7

Postby JoVo-7 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Wii U and Nintendo 3DS exclusive please!

Always_Saucy

Postby Always_Saucy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Playtonic Employees have worked with Nintendo and Microsoft so i feel that the Wii U and the Xbox one are the top choices. But honestly if i had to chose between the two, Xbox would be my choice every time. I just want to see you guys work your magic honestly.. Either way, I think we are all in for a treat! I would also like to point out that Microsoft owns Rare, so any thing they might release that might be Banjo, Conker, Battletoads, ect. Will be released on the Xbox one. So my point is, it would be nice if we could play all of these great games from both publishers on the same console.
Last edited by Always_Saucy on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rodolink

Postby rodolink » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:00 pm

WiiU of course!
Also on PC cross buy

Dr Derpington

Postby Dr Derpington » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:03 pm

I personally think having Project Ukelele appear on the Wii U would be a fantastic choice after the experiences with Nintendo in the past, also PC would be a great choice as well for convenience :D
These two choices seem quite simple but I would love as many people to experience this game as possible!

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Wii U would be my favourite, followed by Xbox One and Nintendo 3DS. Even though I have a Vita too, I'd not like to play it there, because of the placement of the left stick, similar problem for PS4 (which I do not own, but for Ukulele I'd buy one if it has to be). Wii U seems to be the most natural choice for me though, or Xbox One, provided that's the platform the next Rare game will be released on ;). I don't ever play on PC though, so I'd be incredibly sad if it was PC exclusive.

Loggo

Postby Loggo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Always_Saucy wrote:Rare has worked with Nintendo and Microsoft so i feel that the Wii U and the Xbox one are the top choices. But honestly if i had to chose between the two, Xbox would be my choice every time. I just want to see you guys work your magic honestly.. Either way, I think we are all in for a treat!

I feel like all the four major platforms has some advantages:

Steam: Hugely popular service, lots of love for indie games,
PS4: Most popular console at the moment and it's showing no signs of slowing down, huge on indies
Wii U: Obvious history with Nintendo + the fact that it is a platformer haven
Xbox One: Second most popular console, ties with Rare and Ken Lobb, Rare IPs (Killer Instinct and Battletoads) + Playtonic IPs on the same console would be amazing

I hope it's multiplatform.

RingmasterJ5

Postby RingmasterJ5 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:05 pm

As many as possible, but I'd personally buy it on the PS4 over anything else. Mostly for all the wonderful things Shareplay could do for this game if there's local multiplayer.

Loggo

Postby Loggo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:08 pm

RingmasterJ5 wrote:As many as possible, but I'd personally buy it on the PS4 over anything else. Mostly for all the wonderful things Shareplay could do for this game if there's local multiplayer.
It would be cool to be able to Twitch stream it from a console as well. My younger sister loves to watch me play Banjo-Kazooie, but we don't currently live in the same town.

Piffers

Postby Piffers » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Call me old fashioned, but I think this style of game belongs to Nintendo platforms. Nothing against other platforms and I know some of you love these games and want to see them on the platforms you own. But Nintendo's Wii U needs games, and good ones. Nintendo has always been the home to games like this in my opinion (that's for you would be attackers). Nintendo has a good relationship with the developers and I personally would like to see Project Ukulele help breath some life into the Wii U. That along side the new Zelda Game for Wii U would pretty much give the Wii U the attention it deserves. For me, this is exactly what the Wii U needs to prove its a good console, and helping Nintendo sales for it to be a Wii U exclusive would only help provide greater content and similar games in the future from the company most notoriously known for fueling the 3d platform genre.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”