Wii U first person controls please?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
BetterThanYou

Wii U first person controls please?

Postby BetterThanYou » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:16 am

(this is all assuming it comes out for wii u, of course)

the wii u's first person controls (Edit: gyro controls) is awesome, especially in a spiny chair!

banjo-tooie and other rare 3d platforms had you go in first person to shoot something, so this would tie in nicely. And sense the joystick is freed up now, you could evan be able to move your character with it! but sense this is planned for multiple platforms and it would probably be accompanied by an option to turn it off, that might be a stretch. still would be cool to see though!
Last edited by BetterThanYou on Fri May 01, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alph

Re: Wii U first person controls please?

Postby Alph » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:29 am

A spiny chair? Wouldn't that hurt when it pokes you in the bum?

Prof__Yogert

Postby Prof__Yogert » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:31 am

it might just be me, but ive never really liked first person ar games, i mean it was ok, and i cant think of a good example, the best time ive had was nintendo land, but that wasnt really fp, it was more just, sceentilt(still was amazing though)
i think this type of game lends itself much better to third person controls, but thats just me
I already know the ending it's The part that makes your face implode I don't know what makes your face implode But that's the way the movie ends

BetterThanYou

Postby BetterThanYou » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Alph wrote:A spiny chair? Wouldn't that hurt when it pokes you in the bum?

omg I laughed more than I should of at this :lol:

Prof__Yogert wrote:it might just be me, but ive never really liked first person ar games, i mean it was ok, and i cant think of a good example, the best time ive had was nintendo land, but that wasnt really fp, it was more just, sceentilt(still was amazing though)
i think this type of game lends itself much better to third person controls, but thats just me

i mean just for the first person sections that will inevitably be in there. Banjo-Kazooie was the only 3d game that rare had without you having to go in first person at some point, and it still had the ability to go in first person to look around. and yes, i am talking about nintendo lands screen tilt sorta controls

ottake

Postby ottake » Fri May 01, 2015 7:22 pm

I don't know if the first person gyroscope thing would work, but if you ever aim in this game they could do a similar thing to splatoon, a hybrid setup, with the analog stick aiming + the gyro sensor used to fine tune the crosshair.

BetterThanYou

Postby BetterThanYou » Fri May 01, 2015 11:05 pm

ottake wrote:I don't know if the first person gyroscope thing would work, but if you ever aim in this game they could do a similar thing to splatoon, a hybrid setup, with the analog stick aiming + the gyro sensor used to fine tune the crosshair.

that would be pretty cool too if they go with a DK64 style shooting, but since this is multi plat, there will probably be the FP option in there too.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”