Game Intro and Title

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Rasmusic

Game Intro and Title

Postby Rasmusic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:06 pm

What title and intro should the game have?

I think "Uku-LeiLie" would be a great title for the game.
It would also be nice if some of the main characters played instruments like in BK. :D
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:
https://www.youtube.com/user/rasmusbek

GildasMagnus

Re: Game Intro and Title

Postby GildasMagnus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Whatever the main characters are called, that should be the title. Catchy, simple and a nice nod to the past. I also agree that the intro should be musical, fun and generally light-hearted. Banjo Tooie was missing that element of fun but it was a more serious game, I feel they had the best intros with BK and DK64.
Came to save my sister, stayed for the quiz show.

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:17 pm

GildasMagnus wrote:Whatever the main characters are called, that should be the title. Catchy, simple and a nice nod to the past. I also agree that the intro should be musical, fun and generally light-hearted. Banjo Tooie was missing that element of fun but it was a more serious game, I feel they had the best intros with BK and DK64.

Yea, I really can't imagine another title that I feel would make sense. Whatever it's gonna be, then I hope it'll end with "ie" like "kazooie" and "tooie" ;)
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:
https://www.youtube.com/user/rasmusbek

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Ukulele as a title would be just fine for me. Homing in on our chameleon protag chilling in a tree playing a Ukulele. And then, our bird protag flies in and carries our chameleon somewhere, where we'll wait for the plot to be put into place. (The plot intro starts once you hit the A button. Otherwise our charactrs are just standing around waiting for an NPC to introduce the plot.)
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Nice thread, but for what the title of the game should be is already a thread for it: Title for the game...

As for what the intro of Project Ukulele should be, maybe something similar like Banjo-Kazooie had.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:06 pm

If they could recreate some of the magic from B-K's intro and DK64's intro they will be onto a winner.

As for the title i really like my creation 'Bongo-Kulele'

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Whatever the title is, I'm happy that it's going to be chosen FOR the game when it's finished, rather than having a game developed around a title (the mistake made with Grabbed by the Ghoulies).

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”