Yooka-Laylee Soundtrack Sneak-peak?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Zita

Yooka-Laylee Soundtrack Sneak-peak?

Postby Zita » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:52 pm

https://twitter.com/OPM_UK/status/816258660783583233

Playtonic just retweeted this a few hours ago.
So apparently UKs PlayStation Magazine will get a sneak-peak of some Yooka-Laylee musical goodness, soon. :U Think there'll be any new tracks on it?
Website | deviantArt | FurAffinity | tumblr

Octopeart

Re: Yooka-Laylee Soundtrack Sneak-peak?

Postby Octopeart » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Seeing as Playtonic tweeted it with the googly eyes (which usually mean news), I do think there will be something new on it! I think there will also be an article in the magazine, hopefully some new screens too.

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:18 pm

I hope we get an update on this soon.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Really want this CD. How much is the mag? I don't have a play station so it's a pretty pointless buy...

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Apparently it's possible to order the CD directly from the PS Magazine page: https://twitter.com/Pelloki/status/816358224920186881

I wonder what the tracklist will be like, there's no info on that as of now...

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 pm

So far we've heard: (with much room for creativity in naming the themes)

1. Tribal Stack Tropics world themes (4 channel fades)
2. a Kirkhope boss theme (I think it fits Rampo)
3. Hivory Towers hub theme
4. Main Theme (character parade, live ukulele versions)
5. Capital Cashino World Theme
6. Jungle Challenge
7. Kartos Challenge

A nice OPM promotional album could certainly be assembled from the above themes. Playtonic has been making a consistent effort to keep the game fresh for fans, so it seems unlikely they'd include too many big themes.
Still, they may want to include something for those who have been following the game more closely.
Additionally, more songs could:
- Allow a more broad look at the games musical flavor (A "special move" jingle, a Burke/arcade tune)
- Show off the score's orchestral components
- Draw attention to a particularly interesting or representitive tune

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:27 am

I.WANT.IT.! :D

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Here's the track list:

https://twitter.com/yookalayleehub/stat ... 1409701888

Are "Temple Theme" and "Village Theme" channel fades for Tribalstack Tropics? Glitergaze Glacier also had an igloo village

"Challenge Theme" could be "Jungle Challenge" from the KS. If so, the title notably doesn't indicate specificity to the Jungle anymore.

"Glacier Minecart Theme" is one we certainly haven't heard. We'll have to see if Kartos's themes all unique, or more like variations of one another

"Celebration Theme" could maybe be a rendition of the main theme, or something new to us

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Meinhard1 wrote:We'll have to see if Kartos's themes all unique, or more like variations of one another

"Celebration Theme" could maybe be a rendition of the main theme, or something new to us

I'd imagine they're renditions just like the several barrel flight tracks from DKC: Tropical Freeze. Although it was Grant how composed these, how did he do the minecart themes in DK64 again? Were they basically the same track?

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:39 am

Rueckkoppler wrote:
Meinhard1 wrote:We'll have to see if Kartos's themes all unique, or more like variations of one another

I'd imagine they're renditions just like the several barrel flight tracks from DKC: Tropical Freeze. Although it was Grant how composed these, how did he do the minecart themes in DK64 again? Were they basically the same track?

Ehhh, hard to tell. While the Rocker Barrel themes were all different renditions of one of Kenji's DKCR themes, there were a few different minecart tunes (Trunk Twister being wonderfully different from the typically more perilous sounding themes)

When I revisit Kirkhope's minecart repertoire, I hear maybe a few melodies that carry over but overall very different pieces.

"Kartos Challenge," as we know it does sound like it would be "Jungle Minecart Theme," right? While I can imagine Wise getting a lot of mileage out of this theme, I will say this -- Tropical Freeze came across as spattered with melodies upon melodies, over 30 tracks with multiple "hooks" ... it's more Kirkhope's style to come up with a smaller amount of great melodic motifs/themes and expressively weave it through the soundtrack.

MattUmby

Postby MattUmby » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:15 pm

I'm surprised the OST teaser hasn't been ripped and uploaded by now. Plenty of OPM subscribers have the disc already.

Operationgamer17

Postby Operationgamer17 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:28 pm

MattUmby wrote:I'm surprised the OST teaser hasn't been ripped and uploaded by now. Plenty of OPM subscribers have the disc already.

Me too.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 am

Operationgamer17 wrote:
MattUmby wrote:I'm surprised the OST teaser hasn't been ripped and uploaded by now. Plenty of OPM subscribers have the disc already.

Me too.

Just a heads up that magazine content, including the soundtrack sneak-peak, is not allowed to be posted on these forums as per the rules!
Taylonic Ltd.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Cool. Shouldn't be too hard to find at a local shop.

DanielGarza

Postby DanielGarza » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 pm

I bought the magazine but have to wait the 20 days delivery time I guess :(
Why is so hard to wait anything related to Yooka-Laylee? we've already waited 17 years

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Anybody else as excited as I am to hear the music for the final battle with Capital B? Grant's "final battle themes" have always been among my favorite of his tracks for these games. I still listen to the Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 final battle themes all the time. Despite the technical limitations of the N64's sound, the final battle music always evoked that epic final showdown feel that really made the experience so much more exciting.

Here's a a refresher on a couple of those tracks for those who may have forgotten or never heard them before:

Final Battle Against Gruntilda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-WvKoBZgA
Final Battle Against King K. Rool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papKT1-bTPA&index=133&list=PLF089B4078C19D358

I imagine Capital B's final battle theme will use a more epic arrangement of the Hivory Towers theme which we've heard in a trailer alongside some original tunes, much like the two themes linked above.

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:35 am

It does make sense that Hivory Towers theme would be Capital B's, like Gruntilda's Lair was also Grunty's theme. Loved Banjo's final
boss music!

The teaser sounds fantastic. I am curious how much of the game will be orchestrated, given that none of the teaser was (though it's not always easy to tell). Grant did confirm that the teaser tracks are final versions, though the soundtrack release will have proper "endings" to all the tracks, rather than looping like they do in the game

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:59 pm

I guess they decided to axe the orchestral recordings and used the additional funding for whatever benefits the game (polish) or company in general. Maybe we'll get orchestrated music with the next game, when they earned enough through Yooka-Laylee. I'm just hoping that they're delivering an official statement on this and don't act like they never made a deal out of this.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Spydr Webz wrote:Anybody else as excited as I am to hear the music for the final battle with Capital B? Grant's "final battle themes" have always been among my favorite

I'm more looking forward to the end quiz theme. Furnace Fun and Tower of Tragedy themes are pure brilliance.

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Scrubber wrote:I'm more looking forward to the end quiz theme. Furnace Fun and Tower of Tragedy themes are pure brilliance.

I agree! Those themes are so good
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:
https://www.youtube.com/user/rasmusbek

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”