Easter Egg in Capital B

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
DanielGarza

Easter Egg in Capital B

Postby DanielGarza » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:44 pm

I noticed something when I was making the 3D model of Capital B when he was revealed… I was waiting for someone to bring it up but I think it wasn’t discussed already (correct me if I’m wrong), I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence or an intended design choice, either way I love the idea haha, am I a bad person? I just think the parallelism between Rare buyout and Yooka Laylee is really poetic, What could that M & S in capital B mask mean?? (ejem. Microsoft ha!)

Taylor

Re: Easter Egg in Capital B

Postby Taylor » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm

I mean... maybe?

My instinct was that you're reading into the design too much, but it may well be intentional. Capital B obviously represents Microsoft (or at least big corporation), despite Playtinic denying it, so who knows really.
Taylonic Ltd.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm

I'm sure there's enough jabs at them in the game already.

WyvernWings

Postby WyvernWings » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:11 pm

I'm going to bet Jontron is voicing Capital B.
Has anyone else thought that?

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Definitely reading too much into it. It's not even an m and an s. It's just zig zag hair.

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 pm

This is the sort of poetic observation a fan may make, but the creator probably never thought about. And that's how it should be, interpretation is part of art.

Anyways, now that you point it out, I can see it...though the S is obviously pretty dependent on Capital B being at the particular angle in this render and even then *barely* there.

Also the "greedy Microsoft" buyout narratives have been popular with fans online, but aren't necessarily a factual representation of what occurred. I mean they persist for a reason -- a simple narrative that validates how we all felt, how some continue to feel)! But in the end it only amounts to cherry picked details (and fabrications) from the noise of a more complex series of events.

Playtinic have, at least publically, made it very clear that they hold no ill intentions towards Microsoft; they also project an amiable kinship with Rare (literal kinship in the case Steve and Greg Mayles).

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”