Yooka-Laylee Multiplayer REVEAL TRAILER

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Scrubber

Re: Yooka-Laylee Multiplayer REVEAL TRAILER

Postby Scrubber » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:11 pm

rocho wrote:
Exaskryz wrote:Amazing Rextro's Software Entertainment? Are you kidding me?

Anyhow, Switch news should hopefully be coming soon. Per email:

ARSE for short :lol:

Haaa. This is what those guys do best.

I hope to find loads of innuendo and hidden dirty words over the next few years.

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:57 am

I thought they would make one arcade game for each world (I also thought the arcade games would be more like traditional arcade games and also with 8bit graphics) and 8 additional multiplayer games separated from the arcade ones. I really hope it is just an option to play the arcade games with friends and hopefully some other multiplayer minigames will be in the game and maybe like a deathmatch shootout.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:34 am

Alucard wrote:I thought they would make one arcade game for each world (I also thought the arcade games would be more like traditional arcade games and also with 8bit graphics) and 8 additional multiplayer games separated from the arcade ones. I really hope it is just an option to play the arcade games with friends and hopefully some other multiplayer minigames will be in the game and maybe like a deathmatch shootout.

This isn't the arcade games. This is the multiplayer. They are separate things aren't they? Your post is making me doubt this now. I hope this isn't the arcade games cause if it is they have just spoilt the arcade game for every single world. I didn't want to see them on YouTube I wanted to see them for my self when I come across them in the world's.

Multiplayer and arcade games were two completely different tiers in the kick starter weren't they?

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Scrubber wrote:
Alucard wrote:I thought they would make one arcade game for each world (I also thought the arcade games would be more like traditional arcade games and also with 8bit graphics) and 8 additional multiplayer games separated from the arcade ones. I really hope it is just an option to play the arcade games with friends and hopefully some other multiplayer minigames will be in the game and maybe like a deathmatch shootout.

This isn't the arcade games. This is the multiplayer. They are separate things aren't they? Your post is making me doubt this now. I hope this isn't the arcade games cause if it is they have just spoilt the arcade game for every single world. I didn't want to see them on YouTube I wanted to see them for my self when I come across them in the world's.

Multiplayer and arcade games were two completely different tiers in the kick starter weren't they?

Same thought ! I really hope so because even the feature list on steam separates the arcade games from the over 8 multiplayer minigames.

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 am

Playtonic have always referred to Rexto's arcade titles as multiplayer. This continues to be the case with their recent update and what Rextro says this accompanying trailer.

At 20:30 in this video they refer to the arcade machines as unlockable multiplayer ones
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rStKYUD_3GQ

The Steam post does appear to contradict this. Could be a mistake.

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Why the hell they separate those two things ? Arcade games and 8 "unique" multiplayer games ? I reall hope there are more content than just those 8 arcade/multiplayer games. In my opinion they look too simple kind of heartless like they thought not to make new multiplayer games from scratch, no they just made the arcade games accessable for three more people and put the multiplayer part from the kickstarter campaign and arcade machines together :/

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Alucard wrote:they just made the arcade games accessable for three more people and put the multiplayer part from the kickstarter campaign and arcade machines together :/

Well that's how the multiplayer in Banjo-Tooie was, they were just some of the mini games from the actual main game made available as multi-player. So it's not that surprising that Yooka-Laylee's multi-player will be the arcade mini games altered to be played by a few more people.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:29 pm

ShanPen wrote:
Alucard wrote:they just made the arcade games accessable for three more people and put the multiplayer part from the kickstarter campaign and arcade machines together :/

Well that's how the multiplayer in Banjo-Tooie was, they were just some of the mini games from the actual main game made available as multi-player. So it's not that surprising that Yooka-Laylee's multi-player will be the arcade mini games altered to be played by a few more people.

But in this case they shouldn't have been spoiled by showing them off as multiplayer. They should have been left secret. Now we don't need to speculate about what the arcade games are cause we already know.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:43 am

Scrubber wrote:But in this case they shouldn't have been spoiled by showing them off as multiplayer. They should have been left secret. Now we don't need to speculate about what the arcade games are cause we already know.

That's a very good point. I'm also trying not to spoil the game for myself too much which is why I haven't watched any of the expo gameplay footage. I only watch the trailers Playtonic release, so it is a bit unfortunate that so many of the arcade games have been shown in the mulitplayer trailer.

Bayo

Postby Bayo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:01 pm

"Discover unique boss fights, mine cart challenges, retro-tastic Arcade games, quiz shows and more than 8 unique multiplayer games!"
http://www.playtonicgames.com/games/yooka-laylee/

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Bayo wrote:"Discover unique boss fights, mine cart challenges, retro-tastic Arcade games, quiz shows and more than 8 unique multiplayer games!"
http://www.playtonicgames.com/games/yooka-laylee/

Exactly. Playtonic should comment on this.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”