Not very happy

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
DanielGarza

Re: Not very happy

Postby DanielGarza » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:05 pm

I didn’t back the project because I knew of it too late. That’s why I preorder more than one copy of the game.
I would love to do so but I was late to the party, either way, I don’t care about rewards sincerely,
Is about helping a team to develop something great, and they where capable of it thanks to the many backers involved,
I know PT is having a hard time to please everyone, I hope backers helped them in first place for the right reasons. They are going to bring something special to the table, not only that, they’re going to revitalize the industry and that is more than a reward for me.
Congrats to PT for the amazing hard work they are doing! I’m shure this is the start of something big!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 pm

AndyR wrote:Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of replies on here from the Playtonic side - we've all been really, really busy finishing off the game and finalising fulfilment plans for the Kickstarter. Almost there!

Scrubber: I'm sorry to hear that you feel let down by our communication. Game development is constantly in flux and it's true that it's incredibly challenging to balance Kickstarter fulfilment on top of trying to reward our backers with a worthy game. For example, we have literally tens-of-thousands of manuals, tshirts and boxes to manufacturer, distribute and in some cases sign ourselves… but we’re doing our very best to keep everyone satisfied as well as finishing up development!

Our Kickstarter backers are absolutely at the forefront of our minds and we will NEVER forget the support they showed us 2 years ago. We always strive to do best by them, even if some things planned well after the Kickstarter campaign our outside of our control.

We’re making sure our Kickstarter backers get tons of value for their amazing support, both in discount pricing on the rewards offered during the campaign (in most cases huge), loads of exclusive physical goodies and don’t forget, free DLC for all backers worked on after release!

Re Toybox: A console version wasn’t planned at the time of the kickstarter and unfortunately, due to platform holder logistics and how direct pre-orders work, we can't offer the console Toybox to everyone right now. However, we made sure that everyone who opted to pay for a Toybox tier received their PC codes last summer – and that they paid a lot less (as much as half) than those now buying Yooka-Laylee at full price.

Re physical: Despite not ever offering a physical version during the Kickstarter campaign, we heard the requests and worked hard to offer a solution. The optional choice to pay a £20 upgrade reflects RRP and covers the cost of goods, shipping and handling on our side. Unfortunately, as a non-retailer we cannot undercut RRP on the boxed version, but we wanted to offer backers the option.

Re Switch: We’re working as hard and fast as we can to get you the answers you’re looking for. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for the reply. I really hope Switch news comes soon. I'm guessing you don't know yourselves when it will be ready for switch?

Now I'm stuck with the really tough decision of
A) Physical Xbox One version (on a console I don't want it on but will have a physical box to keep forever)
B) Digital version on the Switch which I can take with me wherever I go but not actually owning the game physically so the game dies with the console.

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:16 pm

Rueckkoppler wrote:
Piet wrote:
AndyR wrote:Re Switch: We’re working as hard and fast as we can to get you the answers you’re looking for. Thanks for your patience.

I think that I'm speaking for a lot of people if I say that we would like to have a Switch version release date before we can decide if we want to switch to the Switch version or want a refund.
I think that's the most important matter right now.

Thanks for replying, Andy. I've got to agree with Piet on this one. We really need some more info before having to decide for the Switch version. Hope you guys figure out a date / time window for the Switch port soon.

Additional information is knowing if and when our download codes will expire on console.

Let's say I'm not going to get a Switch until November, because that's when Mario Odyssey should be out (or around then). If the code for Yooka Laylee is only good for 6 months, then I'll want the refund over a useless code.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Why would there be an expiry date? Is that a thing? You've paid for it surely it shouldn't expire.

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:22 am

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com ... -expire%3F

Here's Nintendos answer regarding download codes. It's likely this wouldn't change.

Overall, very good to get that response from Andy. The physical upgrade price was addressed in the KS update but this post brings more clarity.

Regarding the Switch, I get the impression there are many variables at play here, creating a wide degree of uncertainty. As things clarify, they'll they'll be more able to give us a general idea of when to expect. Andys response assures us that they'll let us know when the information is good/reliable.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:25 am

Scrubber wrote:Why would there be an expiry date? Is that a thing? You've paid for it surely it shouldn't expire.

I was wondering because where I live, stores that sell gift cards put expiry dates on the gift cards (even though you or the person who gave you the gift card have paid for it), and so I was wondering if the same rule might apply for game download codes. I haven't used a full game download code before (I always buy a physical games), and the one code I did get given in a store for claiming a special Pokemon had an expiry date on it, so I was just making sure full game download codes don't expire.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:12 pm

I can see the frustration despite backing at toybox level. And a lot of questions weren't answered (until Andy replied). Hopefully things work out.

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:29 pm

DarkTone wrote:I can see the frustration despite backing at toybox level. And a lot of questions weren't answered (until Andy replied). Hopefully things work out.

And still not.

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:25 pm

I DO NOT like the sound of this! :|
http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto- ... ut-a-year/

1 year... That means Holidays '17...
IF applicable on YL!

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:22 pm

Piet wrote:I DO NOT like the sound of this! :|

IF applicable on YL!

Hopefully not. I find that statement a bit blurry anyways. Miyamoto should define: "a game". And "porting". What kind of game (on which engine?) takes a year to port to Switch (and by whom, Nintendo? 3rd Parties?)? One can't really apply this to anything without knowing more.

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:05 pm

So we have to switch to the Switch version, without knowing the details (i.e. release date) or ask for a refund? :|

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:17 am

IF applicable on YL!

Wow.

Piet

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:20 am

Scrubber wrote:

IF applicable on YL!

Wow.

I REALLY think that the Switch version will release after the summer...

WyvernWings

Postby WyvernWings » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Piet wrote:
Scrubber wrote:

IF applicable on YL!

Wow.

I REALLY think that the Switch version will release after the summer...

Counter-Point: the Switch version of the upcoming game Snake Pass
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -to-switch
"Considering the short amount of time we have been working on the platform and the fact that the Switch isn't launched yet, things have gone surprisingly well," Sumo Digital COO Paul Porter told Eurogamer. "We had the game up and running within a week. Nintendo and Epic have given us tremendous support when needed. The use of Unreal gave us a great head start when we first got the hardware."

Snake Pass uses Unreal, but with Yooka, Unity was still designed to port to other systems quickly and easily.

Piet

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Mark me surprised and a bit happier!

metalreflectslime

Postby metalreflectslime » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:44 am

Exaskryz wrote:[
Additional information is knowing if and when our download codes will expire on console.

3DS / Wii U codes never expire.

I just successfully used a Wii U code for Swords and Soldiers 2 that I got for free in May 2015 just 3 days ago.

NS codes will most likely be valid forever.

Operationgamer17

Postby Operationgamer17 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:39 pm

This is getting WAAAAAY out of hand.
https://www.reddit.com/r/YookaLaylee/co ... okalaylee/

jinjo89

Postby jinjo89 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:54 pm

Been meaning to post here for a while but only just found my username as couldn't remember it.

I was a Wii U backer but understand that Playtonic couldn't get Yooka to work on the system.
I have been trying to decide what to do with my pledge as my only option currently is to get the PS4 version but the reason I backed it on Wii U in the first place and not PS4 was so I could play it on a Nintendo system.

With that in mind I decided to opt for the digital Switch version as it will have the benefit of been able to take the game with me easily plus it's a Nintendo system.
I know me ordering the Switch version is risky as we have no idea when it is coming out but hopefully the porting process goes smoothly and Playtonic are able to make the difference between the Switch and other versions as short as possible.

WyvernWings

Postby WyvernWings » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:29 am

Operationgamer17 wrote:This is getting WAAAAAY out of hand.

When you just want to read normal discussions about the game but the thread is spammed with PHYSICAL SWITCH VERSION PHYSICAL SWITCH VERSION PHYSICAL SWITCH VERSION PHYSICAL SWITCH VERSION

They're acting like a physical Switch version is never going to happen. Babies.

Piet

Postby Piet » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:09 pm

WyvernWings wrote:
Operationgamer17 wrote:This is getting WAAAAAY out of hand.

When you just want to read normal discussions about the game but the thread is spammed with PHYSICAL SWITCH VERSION PHYSICAL SWITCH VERSION PHYSICAL SWITCH VERSION PHYSICAL SWITCH VERSION

They're acting like a physical Switch version is never going to happen. Babies.

Idc for a physical Switch version AT THE MOMENT.

SWITCH VERSION RELEASE DATE. SWITCH VERSION RELEASE DATE. SWITCH VERSION RELEASE DATE. SWITCH VERSION RELEASE DATE. SWITCH VERSION RELEASE DATE.

;)

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”