Motion Sickness From Auto-Camera

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Sameal

Motion Sickness From Auto-Camera

Postby Sameal » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:18 am

Hello,

I've never had motion sickness while playing a game, but the auto camera in Yooka Laylee is causing motion sickness for me :? . I think most of the problem is that the auto camera will override or limit the user from manually adjusting the camera.

Is there a way to turn this off? :?:

Piet

Re: Motion Sickness From Auto-Camera

Postby Piet » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Are... Are you serious..?

Sameal

Postby Sameal » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Yeah I'm not the only one. Most of the negative reviews on steam mention it. The camera issues do seem to get better once you're in more open sections of the game, but I think they can improve on it.

Neferical

Postby Neferical » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:21 pm

This right here is my most major complaint about the game on the PS4. I can count on one hand the amount of games over the past 10 years that have caused me nausea on the PC or PS4 due to the camera. I tried playing again last night and let the game move the camera instead of looking around myself. I was able to play for about an hour instead of half an hour before having to stop. It helped, but that contradicts being able to look around and find things while running around. I would really like an option to turn on free look and disable the auto look adjustment.

My other complaint is how loud the voices are. My wife complained in the next room. Can we please have a separate voice volume slider as well?

Natsu

Postby Natsu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:17 am

Have you guys tried playing claw in order to counteract the auto-camera?

Neferical

Postby Neferical » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Us oldschoolers never had to use that method back in the day and I don't really like it. Also, early onset arthritis, so not possible for me regardless. Sadly, my time with the game will just have to be limited until a patch. It's fun during the short times I can play though.

I was thinking and I can really only recall two other games over the past 30 years that have caused me problems with the camera. One in the past 10, not including this one. Not even Descent or Terminal Velocity gave me any issues back over 20 years ago, because I could control where I was looking at all times.

Dwedit

Postby Dwedit » Sat May 13, 2017 11:36 pm

I'm getting motion sickness when I try to play the game. The camera is bad enough, but framerate stutters make it sickeningly worse. Had to stop playing after a framerate stutter got to me.

And I've 100%ed Tooie before, so it's just this game.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”