This game is amazing.

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Theguyoverthere

This game is amazing.

Postby Theguyoverthere » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Everywhere I look people seem to be kind of down on this game, or quick to point out problems. Where's the praise? This game is exactly what I was hoping for! The dialogue is perfect, the style of play mimicking BK and BT is exactly what I was expecting, basically the Banjo-Threeie we never had a chance to see. I just want to say THANK YOU to Playtonic games for staying true to their word from day 1 and not deviating from what I was promised when I backed their kickstarter two years ago.

You guys rock! You make the best games on the planet, and cannot wait to see more! :D

Natsu

Re: This game is amazing.

Postby Natsu » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:54 pm

I'm right there with you. It's an extremely fun N64 era collectathon and I love it. There are virtually no serious issues for me and I cannot see the negatives that others are pointing out. It's especially strange that my personal criticisms are not the complaints I see from negative reviewers. Also, this is hands down the funniest game I have ever played. I laughed out loud at least 50+ times throughout the game.

Omega

Re: This game is amazing.

Postby Omega » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:19 am

Same here, I totally ADORE this game <3 One of my all time favorites for sure. The worlds are beautiful, full of detail, and big :D (I ll take bigger worlds over small any day). Like the achievment said: Size matters lol

The hub world, specially Shipwreck Creek, is so charming and full of life. And the collectables... oh my... I loved them all.

I think the first 2 boss fights were okay but the others were pretty good and memorable, with awesome music as well.

And I cant believe people are complaining about backtracking... like, really? It adds a LOT of replay value. If it wasnt implemented, it would be like Banjo Kazooie, where you complete a world at 100% in less tha an hour and never come back to it again. But yeah, everyone has their own opinions so...

And the camera was okay for me for the most part. Cant believe some people say its game breaking. Its not. And I am not even gonna talk about a certain voice cameo that was not relevant to the game in the first place.

I am not a backer but I LOVE this game, Playtonic did an AMAZING job <3

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”