Favorite Character (Potential Spoilers, depending on the character)

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
EekumBokum202

Favorite Character (Potential Spoilers, depending on the character)

Postby EekumBokum202 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:14 am

I was considering making this a poll, but since I haven't beaten the game yet...

Anyway, mine is a toss-up between Yooka and Laylee themselves and Capital B. I like Yooka more than I like Banjo oddly enough. With Banjo, I get the sense that he's too slow to realize that some characters are jerks, whereas Yooka I feel is aware of it but tries to take the upper ground and be polite about it. Plus, I love Yooka's design.

Laylee is pretty much Kazooie, if only a touch more mean in some places, though maybe that's because some of the characters either don't notice or acknowledge her insults as opposed to Kazooie's. I also like that Laylee's smaller size givers her more of a spunk factor, since Kazooie was clearly the brawn in Banjo's arsenal and got most of the attacks and hard-hitting moves herself, while Laylee has the sonar thing, but she and Yooka work better as a team than individually.

And as for Capital B? I dunno, something about his very corporate personality and the idea that he goes about evil like it were a business (because it is to him) is very entertaining to me. Plus, once again, I just love his design! So many great, unique character designs in this game, I love it!

Who's everyone else's favorite?
...A Man can dream... Project Dream, that is.

Scrubber

Re: Favorite Character (Potential Spoilers, depending on the character)

Postby Scrubber » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 am

Dr Quack. Cool design, got attitude and the voice doesn't annoy me.

FailureFactory

Postby FailureFactory » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:47 am

Capital B and Dr Quack are both my favourites.

Pokemaniac Dan

Postby Pokemaniac Dan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I love Trowzer and found him hilarious each time I interacted with him. I also love Heidi the ghost writer.

Zita

Postby Zita » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:46 am

So far the Pagie from Hivory Towers in the Moodymaze Marsh-Area that runs away from you by kung fu-kicking you. I don't know, for some reason that one stuck with me and wouldn't let me go. :D
("Stay away, I know Origami!!")
Website | deviantArt | FurAffinity | tumblr

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Zita wrote:So far the Pagie from Hivory Towers in the Moodymaze Marsh-Area that runs away from you by kung fu-kicking you. I don't know, for some reason that one stuck with me and wouldn't let me go. :D
("Stay away, I know Origami!!")

THAT was a memorable one! :P

Actually, I like the Pagies in general. It's not often a MacGuffin is something you can directly interact with.
...A Man can dream... Project Dream, that is.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”