Mysterious sound in World 5

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Bayo

Mysterious sound in World 5

Postby Bayo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 pm

In Galleon Galaxy, you can always hear a sound from far away. But one time, when I was in the area where all the pipes are, it was very near, especially in one point. It looks like that the noise moves around the world, but I couldn't see nothing.

Scrubber

Re: Mysterious sound in World 5

Postby Scrubber » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:18 pm

I was wondering what this was!

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Is it like a whistling sound that happens every five seconds or so? I always thought it was just the ambient background noises. You can hear it in the room in Hivory Towers with the World 5 book as well.

Bayo

Postby Bayo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Yes, it is that sound! I came back into the world and you can hear it only in the zone with the pipes, but when I played this afternoon it was very loud. I don't if there is a secret or if it was just a bug.

FailureFactory

Postby FailureFactory » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Just to make sure: You're not talking about the whistling sound the "Hunter" Tonic makes to help you find hidden stuff, right?

Bayo

Postby Bayo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:01 am

No, I know that tonic and it saved me a few times. :D
The sound I'm referring to is more like a "dlin dlin dlin dlin dlin".

Natsu

Postby Natsu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:43 am

Are you guys sure that noise isn't the lighthouse?

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:24 am

Pretty sure it's just ambient background noise. Like I said, you can hear the exact same sound when in Hiviry Tiwers near the World 5 book. Go listen for yourself

Natsu

Postby Natsu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:15 am

Well the sound that occurs outside the book sounds like (space) seagulls to me. Inside the world I can definitely hear a tone that I believe is the lighthouse.

Bayo

Postby Bayo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 am

I listened to the sound in Hivory Towers and it's not the one that you can hear inside the world. It is louder depending in which area of the zone with the pipes you are. But yesterday it was very loud, so I got intrigued.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Isn't it just "spacey" ambiance? For you know... setting the right mood?
Stop picking your nose Image

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Yavga wrote:Isn't it just "spacey" ambiance? For you know... setting the right mood?

^

Bayo

Postby Bayo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 pm

It's strange that it is louder depending on where you are, and I started the topic because yesterday it was louder than the music itself. It took me some time to realize that it was the game. So I went to the I.N.E.P.T., but on the ship I could barely hear the sound and the robot said the same thing.
Since it didn't happen to others maybe it was just a bug...

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Bayo wrote:It's strange that it is louder depending on where you are, and I started the topic because yesterday it was louder than the music itself. It took me some time to realize that it was the game. So I went to the I.N.E.P.T., but on the ship I could barely hear the sound and the robot said the same thing.
Since it didn't happen to others maybe it was just a bug...

Well, you got me curious. I'll have to confirm that...

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Nah, sometimes it sounds like the space seagulls are more noisy, but that's only because the music has loud and soft parts.

They do seem to be sound effects rather than music though, as they don't seem to sound consistently timed with the music.

On a side note, why does world 5 has underwater music if you cant go underwater anywhere anyway? (Or can you?) just managed to get my boat form stuck somewhat under the ship, it has unique underwater music now.

Edit: lol, you can force the boat form underwater by racing into a ramp near the inept piratey ship.

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Yavga wrote:On a side note, why does world 5 has underwater music if you cant go underwater anywhere anyway? (Or can you?) just managed to get my boat form stuck somewhat under the ship, it has unique underwater music now.

Edit: lol, you can force the boat form underwater by racing into a ramp near the inept piratey ship.

There's different parts of the world where you can swim in water that doesn't hurt you. ;)
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:
https://www.youtube.com/user/rasmusbek

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Rasmusic wrote:
Yavga wrote:On a side note, why does world 5 has underwater music if you cant go underwater anywhere anyway? (Or can you?) just managed to get my boat form stuck somewhat under the ship, it has unique underwater music now.

There's different parts of the world where you can swim in water that doesn't hurt you. ;)

Oh, I must have forgotten XD

Anyway, here's an underwater ship!

https://s29.postimg.org/568st8yhz/IMG_0094.jpg

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Yavga wrote:Anyway, here's an underwater ship!

https://s29.postimg.org/568st8yhz/IMG_0094.jpg

Hahah, that's actually pretty cool!
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:
https://www.youtube.com/user/rasmusbek

Bayo

Postby Bayo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Yavga wrote:Nah, sometimes it sounds like the space seagulls are more noisy, but that's only because the music has loud and soft parts.

I'm referring to a noise that sounds like "dlin dlin dlin", not to the seagulls. And when it happened that it was louder, it was way louder than the music. But probably it was just a bug.
Another bug that made me daydreaming is in world 2: on the left to the cave near Dr. Puzz, there are some rocks. If you go to the higher one and then you jump down into the nothing... look at what happens! :D

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 pm

I know what you mean. It almost sounds like a notification. When I went further to the corner of the map it went very faint.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”