No rap in the game?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Bayo

No rap in the game?

Postby Bayo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 am

I collected everything (pirate treasures included), beat the records of Rextro in the three minigames that aren't in the worlds and finally I beat the final boss, but I didn't see the rap video. Is it included in the game?
A character parade is missing too.

Rasmusic

Re: No rap in the game?

Postby Rasmusic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 am

Bayo wrote:I collected everything (pirate treasures included), beat the records of Rextro in the three minigames that aren't in the worlds and finally I beat the final boss, but I didn't see the rap video. Is it included in the game?
A character parade is missing too.

The rap was actually written right after the game was done ;) Maybe it'll be included in the DLC!
Last edited by Rasmusic on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:
https://www.youtube.com/user/rasmusbek

Bayo

Postby Bayo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 am

Thank you!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Another thing that was a kickstarter goal and hasn't been included in the game. Wtf.

No character parade either? I haven't beat the boss yet.

Bayo

Postby Bayo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:41 pm

No, after the ending scene the credits start and, after that, you come back at the main menù.

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:05 pm

The lack of a character parade was one thing that really bothered me for some reason. As a kid, I was always so excited to beat Banjo-Kazooie and watch the character parade. It was cool to me because it was almost like a highlight reel of your adventure and you got to see the names of characters whose names had never been revealed in the game.

Really disappointed about that. Then again, there aren't many world-exclusive characters anyway, are there?

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 pm

We already have a character parade trailer and the rap is on YouTube.
Sort of hope they patch some of this in, though it really comes down to what they feel works presentation-wise.

I haven't played the game, so can't speak to how the intro/ending is.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 pm

I beat the game 100% and defeated Capital B today. Underwhelmed by the whole thing. As I've said all along the story's and cutscenes are dreadful. No character parade or rewarding end scene. Oh well. There's always next time. I hope they bring some people on board that can nail a story and create some really cool cutscenes.

Omega

Postby Omega » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 pm

Yeah too bad the rap was not in the actual game. A shame really. They could play it while the credits roll...

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Meinhard1 wrote:We already have a character parade trailer and the rap is on YouTube.
Sort of hope they patch some of this in, though it really comes down to what they feel works presentation-wise.

I haven't played the game, so can't speak to how the intro/ending is.

It was a very limited character parade, but I guess it's the best we got.

Yeah, I made a thread and posted in another thread about the ending, but no one's biting. I'm assuming because not as many people here have actually finished the game yet. Oh well.

Scrubber wrote:I beat the game 100% and defeated Capital B today. Underwhelmed by the whole thing. As I've said all along the story's and cutscenes are dreadful. No character parade or rewarding end scene. Oh well. There's always next time. I hope they bring some people on board that can nail a story and create some really cool cutscenes.

Totally agreed. Ending was disappointingly underwhelming. Capital B's defeat was very anti-climactic. I would have changed it in so many ways.

Hopefully there's a more exciting climax in future games.

Check out this thread, it talks about the ending and could use some love:

http://forums.playtonicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5477

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:02 am

Oh I didn't know the rap wasn't in the game! That's why I didn't watch the YouTube video because I wanted to wait until I play my Switch version and see the rap in the game. I thought they'd have it play at the start like in DK64. :(

I asked this in the thread about the updates being 6 times the size of the game, but that thread seems to have died; does anyone think that all this missing stuff - the rap, the N64 shader mode, the orchestral music, etc - will be built into the Switch version of the game (rather than coming later as updates for PS4/Xbox One/computer), seeing as though the Switch version is still being developed?

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”