Shared Universe and Next Game Protagonist

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
TheAnvil

Shared Universe and Next Game Protagonist

Postby TheAnvil » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:01 am

I remember in an interview that some of the Playtonic employees stated that in addition to the shared Universe that the next game protagonist will have been a character who appeared in Yooka-Laylee. Can anybody find that interview? I can't seem to find it again.
Project Ukelele for Wii U. @MLFoxwell

Y00kaz0013fanb0y

Re: Shared Universe and Next Game Protagonist

Postby Y00kaz0013fanb0y » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:44 pm

I hope its 1 of THESE Characters:
A. The Knights of Hamelot
B. Kartos, in a Side-scrolling(More like Side-Rolling) Minecart-Platforming game
C. Trowzer, In a Game Playing similar to Bottles' Revenge, Except he's an Angel instead of a D*****(Ironic, Right, as Bottles ISN'T That much of a Bad guy, and he ends up as a D****, To Further the Irony, Trowzer is a Con Scam Artist, and wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if He were an Angel, Albeit with Grey Feathery Wings due to not being pure of heart)
D. Rextro
I, For One, Welcome the highly anticipated return of the 3d Collect-athon Platformer Genre of Video Games and will continue to support Playtonic no matter what

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:35 pm

There wasn't one interview they said it loads of times.

I think they should make a side scrolling platformer/beat em up starring the three frogs.

No one's done this before right?

Traveller

Postby Traveller » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:39 am

I think it would be more interesting if they used the characters they create as actors, so the designs appear in other games but they could have vastly different roles and characterisations. So Yooka could show up, but is playing a totally different role/character.

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:52 am

Traveller wrote:I think it would be more interesting if they used the characters they create as actors, so the designs appear in other games but they could have vastly different roles and characterisations. So Yooka could show up, but is playing a totally different role/character.

I like the idea and definitely want to see the characters in different costumes and roles. Dr. Quack, Dr. Puzz, and Clara could look pretty different simply be being their original selves.

Making them actors, though ... wouldn't that limit the potential for overarching lore within the universe?. If they're all actors who can play different characters, then there's no real continuity from game to game.
Nintendo already starts from square 1 plot-wise with most of their titles, would be refreshing to see Playtonics games all tie-in as promised

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Traveller wrote:I think it would be more interesting if they used the characters they create as actors, so the designs appear in other games but they could have vastly different roles and characterisations. So Yooka could show up, but is playing a totally different role/character.

Hate that idea. One of the worst things about nuts and bolts.

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Scrubber wrote:

Unfortunately I have to agree...:(

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Pgcrooner wrote:
Scrubber wrote:

Unfortunately I have to agree...:(

Same here.

Consistency is what makes us love characters.

Yookakazooie

Postby Yookakazooie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 am

Forgot her name but the girl from the galaxy world - she should be the next protagonist

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C92VpHfXoAEjJ0l.png:large

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”