Anyone use the Steam controller/does the game accept the Steam controller as a controller?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
wolfdog1dmn

Anyone use the Steam controller/does the game accept the Steam controller as a controller?

Postby wolfdog1dmn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:31 am

Ok so I lack a controller for the computer but I do have the steam controller (I dont count that as a controller more on that later)

I was wondering if anyone uses the steam controller for the game and how the game controls with it?
See I bought the steam controller for various games but due to how it was designed controlling cameras with it is annoying as sin (mainly because no game except GTA registers that when your finger moves to the edge of the touch pad that should be viewed the same as if you tilt the controllers right stick (an oversight on Valves part that I've already complained about on their forums))

So I was wondering if the game plays good with the Steam controller or if I should wait on buying it until I get an actual controller.

CyanideInsanity

Re: Anyone use the Steam controller/does the game accept the Steam controller as a controller?

Postby CyanideInsanity » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 am

It works fine, YL supports both gamepad and mouse simultaneously so aside from native steam controller api stuff you can use its aspects to the fullest. Also for your issue with other games have you setup edge spin in other game profiles? Because thats what you're describing and it is an option already.

rchnorton

Re: Anyone use the Steam controller/does the game accept the Steam controller as a controller?

Postby rchnorton » Mon May 08, 2017 2:35 pm

I use the steam controller which given its advanced configuration options is a great choice and works really well...what doesn't work is the camera, jees, what a pain it can be at times...

Also, another gripe, if I leave the game for a short while to grab a cuppa or pause for a break it completely forgets the controller is attached and nothing brings is back apart from killing the game in task manager, that is a real, real pain in the rear I would love to see fixed pronto, I've never had that happen with any other game I know of...

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”