"Spit 'n' Polish" website update (improvements coming, Switch version definitive version?)

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Piet

Re: "Spit 'n' Polish" website update (improvements coming, Switch version definitive version?)

Postby Piet » Tue May 16, 2017 2:21 pm

EekumBokum202 wrote:
Piet wrote:It's out for more than a month and we've had only 1 update! The forum seems to be dying out and we don't get important info...

I love the game, but c'mon PTG, the communication is pretty... bad, tbh.

It feels like no community is truly safe from its own bad apples. But the fact that a community has died down after a major event or release is not uncommon, Playtonic just needs to know how to keep the community active with other things.

That is... if people WANT to stay invested. It's possible people only joined these forums just to talk about how hyped they are or about any criticism they have with the game and leave it at that. Weird to say it, but stuff like Banjo-Kazooie and Rare, and by the same token Yooka-Laylee and Playtonic, don't have the same kind of popularity and staying power as, say, Pokemon does.

True, but PTG needs to communicate beter.
We need weekly updates AT LEAST, imho.

Rueckkoppler

Re: "Spit 'n' Polish" website update (improvements coming, Switch version definitive version?)

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue May 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Now that's some nice advice for that update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF6ZtVxRP20

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue May 23, 2017 6:54 am

We SERIOUSLY need some kind of update...

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 am

Soo, are there any impression on this patch, now that it's released on PC? Like, how much does it improve the experience?

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:55 am

I would like to know this too, but this forum is dead as h***...

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Haha well half of the thread is a discussion between the both of us, so it's no wonder. Anyway, I guess the patch is good enough to wipe out many negative points and raise the rating of the game, if the video game journalists care about doing that.

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 am

Rueckkoppler wrote:Haha well half of the thread is a discussion between the both of us, so it's no wonder. Anyway, I guess the patch is good enough to wipe out many negative points and raise the rating of the game, if the video game journalists care about doing that.

I (sadly) don't see them doing post-update reviews, to be fair...

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”