Y-L ... disappointment

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Piet

Re: Y-L ... disappointment

Postby Piet » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:52 am

Operationgamer17 wrote:Keep in mind, this is just one retailer.

A big one, tho.

FailureFactory

Postby FailureFactory » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:15 am

Piet wrote:
Jinjo wrote:
Yuke Quantum wrote:They made this game in literally less than two years. May 2015 was the kickstarter announce. April 2017 released. One month shy of two years. Small team focused on good gameplay.

I consider this a success.

They are also incredibly driven to fix the technical issues.

How is everyone this upset? I implore you to try a similar feat of a two year game project with a team of -what? 10 people?

Plus, go look at some of the other kickstarters that have put off their release dates, not met their promises, or have literally fallen apart before finishing.

Excuses, excuses, blabber, excuses, more excuses.

You're the kid who can't be bothered to do his work and justifies this by pointing at all the other kids who haven't met their promises or deadlines. "but look! they all failed! so it's okay if I do too!".

Finally someone who is not 'white knighting' this whole shitfest! :)
(Altho I do like the game itself. :))

Saying your constant whining is annoying =/= saying Playtonic doesn't deserve criticism

But I guess some people can't tell those apart.

An allegory: We're on a sinking boat and you're the one guy constantly screaming "We're sinking!!!" at the top of his lungs while the rest of us try to improve the situation. You're unhelpful, and telling you to stop being unhelpful does not imply that we are unaware of the problem at hand.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:20 am

FailureFactory wrote:
Saying your constant whining is annoying =/= saying Playtonic doesn't deserve criticism

An allegory: We're on a sinking boat and you're the one guy constantly screaming "We're sinking!!!" at the top of his lungs while the rest of us try to improve the situation. You're unhelpful, and telling you to stop being unhelpful does not imply that we are unaware of the problem at hand.

:lol: Spot on!

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:05 pm

ShanPen wrote:
FailureFactory wrote:

:lol: Spot on!

+1

Piet

Postby Piet » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:56 pm

Nice try. One thing tho. :)
You're trying to improve the situation while you can't. That's a fact, 'cause 'positive thinking/talking' and 'white knighting' doesn't get you anywhere & that's literally the only thing you guys (try to) do.
The fans/followers can do NOTHING. Only PTG can do something, but they don't (atm).

Conclusion: You're doing nothing and only a couple of us (incl. me) are screaming for justice.
So, now. Who is the most "unhelpful"? ;)

As I said: Nice try tho!

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Piet wrote:Nice try. One thing tho. :)
You're trying to improve the situation while you can't. That's a fact, 'cause 'positive thinking/talking' and 'white knighting' doesn't get you anywhere & that's literally the only thing you guys (try to) do.
The fans/followers can do NOTHING. Only PTG can do something, but they don't (atm).

Conclusion: You're doing nothing and only a couple of us (incl. me) are screaming for justice.
So, now. Who is the most "unhelpful"? ;)

As I said: Nice try tho!

See "improving" as in "having new thoughts or takes on how this situation could get better". You're still at "this situation is bad" and it doesn't seem like you get past this point any time soon.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:46 am

Rueckkoppler wrote:
See "improving" as in "having new thoughts or takes on how this situation could get better". You're still at "this situation is bad" and it doesn't seem like you get past this point any time soon.

Don't bother, he's just determined to be miserable and make everyone else miserable with him. I thought he made a big deal about how he was going, yet he seems to be back all the time posting the most. :?

Plus the fact he keeps using the term "white knighting" gives insight into the type of person he is, because that term came from men trying to shame a man who is nice to a women by saying he is only being decent to get onside with the woman so the woman will sleep with him, implying they think no man can be nice to women without an ulterior motive.
Piet, people can stand up for other people (or in this case, Playtonic) because they actually think it's the right thing to do because they can have empathy and understanding, not because they expect to get something out of it, but if you can't comprehend that it's because you must only stand up for something to get something in return yourself, and are projecting that fault onto others.

And :lol: that you're the only one "screaming for justice" - more like "whining for attention". We ALL would like the game to come sooner, but most of us understand that there are reasons it is delayed or that they can't give a release date yet (here's a hint, genius, if they gave a release date now when they're not certain and then had to renege on it because something else when wrong, they'd be flooded with more obnoxious knobs "screaming for justice"...I mean, whining, that they lied). Several people have said that there are aspects of this campaign that in their opinion, Platonic haven't handled the best, so no you are not the one "lone voice of reason" that you seem to think you are, but again, the rest of us can empathise and understand that as a new company who are still learning, they are going to make mistakes that they hopefully learn from and improve on next time. And if you haven't noticed, your "screaming for justice" hasn't actually got you any results (unless you include annoying people who visit these forums), so maybe a better term to describe yourself would be "Pissing into the wind".

People are tying to make the most out of a bad situation by talking about other things related to the game while waiting, yet every time you interfere with your negative crap whining that there's no release date yet. Yes we know, that's why we're talking about other stuff to pass the time, because we can actually get the f*** over that there's no release date yet.

WyvernWings

Postby WyvernWings » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 am

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:36 am

ShanPen wrote:reasons

:lol:

It's funny how all attention for YL is dying (and again; I DO like the game), while people like you are talking about 'other stuff'.
That 'stuff' is discussed like 100 times already and there is literally NOTHING to discuss about YL anymore (hence the dead forum).. Except.. The things I talk about... :lol:

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 am

Piet wrote:
ShanPen wrote:reasons

:lol:

It's funny how all attention for YL is dying (and again; I DO like the game), while people like you are talking about 'other stuff'.
That 'stuff' is discussed like 100 times already and there is literally NOTHING to discuss about YL anymore (hence the dead forum).. Except.. The things I talk about... :lol:

Oh wow, you really got me there with that stellar argument. :roll:

Half the reason these forums are dead are, frankly, because people have said they are sick of reading your crap.

Not everything people (attempt to) talk about has been discussed a hundred times already in this forum, yet as soon as anyone tries to talk about anything, there you are yet again trying to bring it back to "the things [you] talk about" which is the same stuff over and over and over and over - how there's no Switch release date and your spiteful revelling in Playtonic's failings - like a bad broken record. You don't give others a chance to talk about anything else because YOU are so hung up on "Switch release date" that you think everyone should be so that's all anyone should talk about.

Bringing it back to the sinking ship analogy - while you're right that none of us can do anything to make the game come out faster, we can either run around getting ourselves and others worked up screaming "We're sinking", like you, or we could be like the musicians in the Titanic movie who spent their last hour playing music for themselves and others to make the best of a bad situation for everyone (ie. discussing the game we're excited for while we wait). Neither way stops the ship sinking/makes the game come out faster as we have no control over that, but one type is going to enjoy their time a lot more than the other type.

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:21 am

ShanPen wrote:Half the reason these forums are dead are, frankly, because people have said they are sick of reading your crap.

Yeah, it certainly has to do with that. :lol:
Accept it. PTG f'ed up and the hype is dying fast. Whether you like it or not. :)
It's a shame...

Oh and btw... You're the one who's going WAY off topic here.. Not me.
See topic title...
I only post in this topic and other topics that have any relation to the Switch debacle. ;)

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Piet wrote:
ShanPen wrote:Half the reason these forums are dead are, frankly, because people have said they are sick of reading your crap.

Yeah, it certainly has to do with that. :lol:
Accept it. PTG f'ed up and the hype is dying fast. Whether you like it or not. :)
It's a shame...

Oh and btw... You're the one who's going WAY off topic here.. Not me.
See topic title...
I only post in this topic and other topics that have any relation to the Switch debacle. ;)

But props to ShanPen, it’s great to see some actually witty comment on the situation. He doesn't care for your reasons, he just explained what you're doing.

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:55 am

Hahaha, I'm out of here. :lol:
I hope you 2 (or 3) have a great time talking about... I don't know... Something... On this 'sinking ship' (ironically that you used that as an example btw)...
Bye bye! :D

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:17 am

Piet wrote:Hahaha, I'm out of here. :lol:
I hope you 2 (or 3) have a great time talking about... I don't know... Something... On this 'sinking ship' (ironically that you used that as an example btw)...

Promise, this time? :D

There's plenty I'd like to talk about if you haven't driven everyone away, I think I will start a new topic for it all and see who's left to talk while we wait.

So goodbye to you too, I hope when you return there'll be less drama, and we'll all have something fun to talk about (hopefully by then a Switch version of the game that we can all discuss after playing).

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 am

ShanPen wrote:
Piet wrote:Hahaha, I'm out of here. :lol:

Promise, this time? :D

There's plenty I'd like to talk about if you haven't driven everyone away, I think I will start a new topic for it all and see who's left to talk while we wait.

So goodbye to you too, I hope when you return there'll be less drama, and we'll all have something fun to talk about (hopefully by then a Switch version of the game that we can all discuss after playing).

Bye for now.. :)

Zita

Postby Zita » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:56 pm

Piet wrote:Bye for now.. :)

I hope you'll stay away for good this time. :roll:
Website | deviantArt | FurAffinity | tumblr

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Zita wrote:
Piet wrote:Bye for now.. :)

I hope you'll stay away for good this time. :roll:

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:07 pm

to be honest , i just can't believe how long it take to get on switch..

honestly its really too long now , if i did not already play and finish the game , i would be discourage..

its way too long now for the switch..

and what going on with dlc? i can't wait for it.

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am

Just here to remind you guys that the last Switch game "update" was more than 8 week ago (a month ago upcoming Saturday).
'Happy anniversary!!' :!:

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”