Am I the only one who hates the Knights of Hamalot?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
FailureFactory

Am I the only one who hates the Knights of Hamalot?

Postby FailureFactory » Thu May 25, 2017 8:52 am

So, the Hamalot Knights. I hate them. Why? Well, I don't really know.

Perhaps because their names are so incredibly lame puns that I cringe every time I read one. Maybe it's partly because Scoffsalot has the only voice in the game that genuinely annoys me, with grunts and barf sounds mixed together. Possibly it's just that I think they're pretty ugly. And I suppose it doesn't help that they are portrayed as greedy nuicances, either. But I guess what irks me the most is that, with all these mis-qualities, they still constitute what feels like 1/2 of the recurring cast - all while having absolutely no role in the story and no relationship with the main characters at all. Do the Knights of Hamalot have a story? Not really - they could be replaced by ANYTHING in each level they appear on. If there's any group of characters that makes me feel "Wow, Playtonic really went the easy road with just repeating the same characters over and over.", it's these guys. You can excuse Trowzer, Puzz, Rextro and Kartos being everywhere, they are the main cast. But not those joke characters. You just don't tell the same lame joke 12 times.

Can I really be the only one who doesn't like the Sirs and Ladys of Appearsalot? Am I a lone weirdo? I need answers! 0_0

notdog1996

Re: Am I the only one who hates the Knights of Hamalot?

Postby notdog1996 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:59 pm

I feel like most characters in the game are not fleshed out and developped enough. I like the knights' designs, but they basically do nothing AND we don't know what they are after/their backstory. I wouldn't say I hate them, but mostly that they are disappointing.

On a side note, I really like Leapsalot's design.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sun May 28, 2017 8:07 pm

When they get their spin off, you'll feel better.

FailureFactory

Postby FailureFactory » Mon May 29, 2017 8:43 am

DarkTone wrote:When they get their spin off, you'll feel better.

I'm looking forward to it :D

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”