YL Switch Speculation Thread

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

When Will Yooka-Laylee Release on Nintendo Switch?

June
0
No votes
July
1
5%
August
2
9%
September
2
9%
October
3
14%
November
6
27%
December
2
9%
2018
2
9%
Never
4
18%
 
Total votes: 22

kevp453
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 pm

YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby kevp453 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:27 pm

So, it's been 10 weeks since YL released adn I've been ever so patiently waiting for my Switch version to arrive. I love the teasers, but more than anything I want to know when I can play the game others have been playing for months now. When do you think it will finally happen?

User avatar
Scrubber
Posts: 1375
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Scrubber » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:25 pm

August I think.

User avatar
EekumBokum202
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:19 am
Location: Pittsford, NY
Contact:

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby EekumBokum202 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say November. Later in the year, but still this year.

User avatar
Scrubber
Posts: 1375
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Scrubber » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:22 pm

My guess seems very unlikely now.

NPChilla
Posts: 453
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby NPChilla » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:32 pm

I'd say November. Just in time for Christmas.

Piet
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Piet » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:49 am

More like PlayGONEic atm...

SenSx
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby SenSx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 am

September, or early october at the latest.
After that they will be doomed by Super Mario Odyssey.

Piet
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Piet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:21 am

SenSx wrote:September, or early october at the latest.
After that they will be doomed by Super Mario Odyssey.

That why they REALLY have to release it NOW!

Piet
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Piet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:30 pm


Operationgamer17
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:25 pm
Contact:

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Operationgamer17 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Piet wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwZRnnwo14E
YL is not even listed.. :')


The Nindies showcase is not untill tomorrow. Not to mention, I think it's up to Nintendo to decide what goes into these things.

User avatar
ShanPen
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby ShanPen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:15 am

Operationgamer17 wrote:
Piet wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwZRnnwo14E
YL is not even listed.. :')


The Nindies showcase is not untill tomorrow. Not to mention, I think it's up to Nintendo to decide what goes into these things.


Maybe Nintendo also don't want to draw attention to a game that could compete with Mario Odyssey?

Piet
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Piet » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:21 am

Operationgamer17 wrote:The Nindies showcase is not untill tomorrow. Not to mention, I think it's up to Nintendo to decide what goes into these things.

I think Nintendo will show THE BEST upcoming indies and IF YL isn't in the line-up, that would mean something... Something bad...

ShanPen wrote:Maybe Nintendo also don't want to draw attention to a game that could compete with Mario Odyssey?

Which wouldn't be good for YL... AT ALL...

Operationgamer17
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:25 pm
Contact:

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Operationgamer17 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Someone asked if YL will be at the Nindies showcase today, and they said they missed the boat, but news is coming soon on their own stuff.
https://www.twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/ ... 0608684032

SenSx
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby SenSx » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Soon.
It means not this week, and probably not the next week.

Piet
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Piet » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:52 pm

'Soon, soon, soon, soon...'
F' that!
Missed another opportunity!

User avatar
baker_boy0017
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby baker_boy0017 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:43 pm

I finally see why people stopped coming to this forum: we are given so little to talk about! This is why the place becomes a den of negativity. I have hardly been to the site in the last two or three weeks, and I've been perfectly fine. But coming here, waiting day in and day out for the hopes of news... it is soul crushing!

User avatar
rocho
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby rocho » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:54 pm

baker_boy0017 wrote:I finally see why people stopped coming to this forum: we are given so little to talk about! This is why the place becomes a den of negativity. I have hardly been to the site in the last two or three weeks, and I've been perfectly fine. But coming here, waiting day in and day out for the hopes of news... it is soul crushing!



There may be plenty to talk about after playing the game. That is one of the reasons I don't visit the forums that much I don't want to be spoiled before playing the game by myself.

But I thought a lot of threads would pop out after the game release.havent seen much yet.

Is there any easter egg thread?
Character equivalent to other games thread?


I'm not sure I have seen similar thread titles come out over here. Would be nice to talk about it and join the conversation after playing the game for sure!

User avatar
Alph
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Alph » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm going to guess 2018 at this point, it seems like they are having a lot of trouble with this version and the months are just flying by with no new news.


Personally, I think a release next year could work out for the best, as long as it releases as "Yooka Laylee Deluxe" and comes bundled with all DLC and some new content (like a DK64 themed bonus level featuring Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong). It will avoid releasing alongside Super Mario Oddysey while the new content would help revive interest in the game.

Piet
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Piet » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Alph wrote:I'm going to guess 2018 at this point, it seems like they are having a lot of trouble with this version and the months are just flying by with no new news.


Personally, I think a release next year could work out for the best, as long as it releases as "Yooka Laylee Deluxe" and comes bundled with all DLC and some new content (like a DK64 themed bonus level featuring Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong). It will avoid releasing alongside Super Mario Oddysey while the new content would help revive interest in the game.

The hype is 100% dead by then. ;)

User avatar
Rueckkoppler
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Re: YL Switch Speculation Thread

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Alph wrote:I'm going to guess 2018 at this point, it seems like they are having a lot of trouble with this version and the months are just flying by with no new news.


Personally, I think a release next year could work out for the best, as long as it releases as "Yooka Laylee Deluxe" and comes bundled with all DLC and some new content (like a DK64 themed bonus level featuring Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong). It will avoid releasing alongside Super Mario Oddysey while the new content would help revive interest in the game.


Good for avoiding Mario Odyssee at one point, but I'd really like them to still release that thing as soon as possible and not put additional factors as reasons for another delay. Game is still cheaper than Mario Odyssee (50%, isn't it?), so there's a selling point. I just reeeeally want to play it already :roll:

But yeah, nice idea nonetheless, I give credit to that. But a >10 month delay for Nintendo players is really terrible...


Return to “Yooka-Laylee”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests