Console patch "shouldn't be long now"

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

Piet

Re: Console patch "shouldn't be long now"

Postby Piet » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:09 am

5 days ago...

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:13 am

From Twitter on the 28th July:

"We're currently resolving one issue raised in testing but hope to release very, very soon."

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/890583118691872768

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:28 am

ShanPen wrote:From Twitter on the 28th July:
"We're currently resolving one issue raised in testing but hope to release very, very soon."

They should update us via an official page update.

baker_boy0017

Postby baker_boy0017 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:33 pm

^^^^^ This. Are we really going through all of July without a single news update on their own website?

I really hope Playtonic sticks to a single platform next time. While I truly do love Yooka-Laylee, if I hadn't gotten to play it on Steam shortly after it first came out, I know I would just be sick and tired of waiting all the time, particularly with the lack of communication. They need more communication with us.

I would even argue that the only great things about the patch are small bug fixes (which admittedly some people need fixed), the better camera, and Rextro getting serious nerfs/changes. Everything else was a mixed bag for me.

Now if they would just talk about that DLC they said they would eventually do... maybe I would suddenly gain interest.

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:59 pm

baker_boy0017 wrote:^^^^^ This. Are we really going through all of July without a single news update on their own website?

I really hope Playtonic sticks to a single platform next time. While I truly do love Yooka-Laylee, if I hadn't gotten to play it on Steam shortly after it first came out, I know I would just be sick and tired of waiting all the time, particularly with the lack of communication. They need more communication with us.

I would even argue that the only great things about the patch are small bug fixes (which admittedly some people need fixed), the better camera, and Rextro getting serious nerfs/changes. Everything else was a mixed bag for me.

Now if they would just talk about that DLC they said they would eventually do... maybe I would suddenly gain interest.

This.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Piet wrote:
ShanPen wrote:From Twitter on the 28th July:

They should update us via an official page update.

I agree that an official update, even if they don't have much to say except something along the lines of "We know you are waiting, we are doing the best we can so thank you for your patience", would be better than complete silence. When it has been ages without an update and I start feeling a little impatient with the lack of communication, that's when I go and check their Twitter feed because even though they don't say a whole lot there either, it's nice to know that they still exist and post the odd bit of information.

Operationgamer17

Postby Operationgamer17 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:57 pm

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:40 am

Operationgamer17 wrote:"We're awaiting final approval"
https://www.twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/ ... 1618770944

They REALLY need a (new) communication professional over at PTG...

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”