Yooka-Laylee 2

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
giuma

Yooka-Laylee 2

Postby giuma » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello this is the most beautiful game I've played in the last 20 years.
Every time I play there, I'm touched cry for happy.

I would like to know from the development team how sales go, if it are well.
And know if this company can survive in a market of games all the same as call of duty.....

Are you thinking about making a continuous Yooka-Laylee 2?
Please tell me yes, I would not survive the pain.

the only suggestions I have, are to improve the dialogues and do them as in a modern game, no longer as banjoo
Guys of the team thank you, because in this life you gave me the opportunity to play again a platform of this level.

Piet

Re: Yooka-Laylee 2

Postby Piet » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:38 am

I guess you missed out on A LOT of games then...

Gorjo

Postby Gorjo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm

I felt the same way. I don't know about sales but I'm sure YL will get a sequel eventually. It won't be anytime soon because they are working on the port for the switch though.

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

giuma

Postby giuma » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Piet wrote:I guess you missed out on A LOT of games then...

Please give me the title of this games

@Gorjo thanks

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:46 pm

giuma wrote:Please give me the title of this games

Super Mario Odyssey, TLoZ: Breath of the Wild, Cuphead, Mario + Rabbids, Pokemon USUM & Metroid: Samus Returns (only 2017 games).
You're welcome!

If you want more titles, just ask. :)

Hopix

Postby Hopix » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Piet wrote:I guess you missed out on A LOT of games then...

Just logged in to remind you that opinions are a thing.

I'd argue that YK looks better than those Nintendo games because I played it at 3k resolution, for example.

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:26 pm

He asked for titles, I gave him titles.
Of course he can have his own opinion(s), but all the games the I summed up are generaly known to be better than YL (go look up the critic review scores on Metacritic).

+ It's not only the resolution that makes a game 'more beautiful'.
A turd with a pink bow is still a turd. ;)
Not that I think YL is 'a turd', 'cause I do like the game. I just wanted to show you that you gave a bad example. :)

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Piet wrote:He asked for titles, I gave him titles.
Of course he can have his own opinion(s), but all the games the I summed up are generaly known to be better than YL (go look up the critic review scores on Metacritic).

+ It's not only the resolution that makes a game 'more beautiful'.
A turd with a pink bow is still a turd. ;)
Not that I think YL is 'a turd', 'cause I do like the game. I just wanted to show you that you gave a bad example. :)

Gotta agree to Piet in this one. Just because all edges are round and there’s no flickering due to full anti aliasing, a game can still look less beautiful than something like Zelda BotW, which has beautiful animations, colors and lighting effects. For me it’s also more about perfecting the style and making the world fleshed out than just „upresing“ the thing.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t like how Y-L looks! I like it indeed very much and I’m looking forward to the Switch version. The classic Rare styled vegetation for example was the thing that struck me first about its visuals and I’m sure there’s more.

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:21 pm

How would you guys feel if Playtonic jumped into unreal engine for the next game?

Seems to be working on all platforms by now.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:40 pm

rocho wrote:How would you guys feel if Playtonic jumped into unreal engine for the next game?

I support this idea very strongly. Unreal seems to be the best fit from this point going forward. Or what about Snowbite? Mario+Rabbids used that one.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:44 pm

I kind of hope they rest the platforming for a little while after this and try something utterly unrelated.

Maybe a fighter or a racer - more strings to the company's bow would mean they become much more acclaimed and impressive.

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Rueckkoppler wrote:
rocho wrote:How would you guys feel if Playtonic jumped into unreal engine for the next game?

I support this idea very strongly. Unreal seems to be the best fit from this point going forward. Or what about Snowbite? Mario+Rabbids used that one.

Exactly! We have seen how Snake pass took that colourful art style with the unreal engine. I would love to see a racing adventure game in that engine.

Even if Unity helped Playtonic till the very end of the production cycle.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”