DLC information question

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
bigfanofoldrare

DLC information question

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:07 am

So i was sure dlc would be new map for yooka-laylee with new paggies..

but i read they never say that..

Do we have information about what the dlc will be?

I really hope if they do new map , it will be smaller and more filled..

Rueckkoppler

Re: DLC information question

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:49 am

Yes me too. They should showcase that they understood the criticism of the main game worlds and apply it there. Just make a smaller world with a more iconic / comprehensive layout and fill it with funny silly tasks (and maybe more characters that are exclusive to this world, that really is a big downside when I compare this to Banjo).

And no, we only know that they're deciding now what they're going to do: DLC, 64bit tonic and/or the orchestral soundtrack.

wwwarea

Postby wwwarea » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:11 am

Honestly these are one of the "criticism" that I'm gonna have to disagree. Some people love large worlds, mainly because it makes adventure greater. It wouldn't be fair to stifle that and make every level to the size of Mumbo's Mountain just so some people can "get stuff over with" and move on. But I do agree with adding more stuff. I think adding more stuff to do in the world would make the game a lot better.

Maybe they could do it like A Hat in Time did with Chapter 3? Make most places optional, but have some pagies be more easy to get a bit fast and fun and/or slow but still really fun like some of the missions in Chapter 3.

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:30 am

wwwarea wrote:But I do agree with adding more stuff. I think adding more stuff to do in the world would make the game a lot better.

More UNIQUE stuff, that is. :)

Yuke Quantum

DLC now that Switch is out?!

Postby Yuke Quantum » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:04 pm

Is there any info on what/when the dlc is/will be out?

I skimmed a couple topics of people disappointed with the game. I honestly was not. In fact, I was more disappointed when they tried to “refine” some levels to make them easier... ::cough, cough:: Gloom Gem ::cough, cough::

I thought this game was easy enough the first playthrough to 100%. Took me a couple of days.

Any speculation on dlc?
-Yuke Quantum
the thirst exploder

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Nope.

ShanPen

Re: DLC now that Switch is out?!

Postby ShanPen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:07 am

Yuke Quantum wrote:I was more disappointed when they tried to “refine” some levels to make them easier... ::cough, cough:: Gloom Gem ::cough, cough::

I thought this game was easy enough the first playthrough to 100%. Took me a couple of days.

I've heard they made some things easier which is a bit disappointing. I'm playing for the first time on Switch so will have nothing to compare to, but I was thinking once I've finished the Switch version it would be good to try and see the original difficulty. My partner has a PS4 copy of the game and has already downloaded the update, so I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to uninstall the update and play the game as it originally was? Or does PS4 not let you play a game until you've got the latest version?

And getting back on topic about DLC, I was wondering do people think the DLC that Kickstarter backers are supposed to get for free will be tied to our copy of the game we were given through Kickstarter, or will it work for one version of any copy of Yooka-Laylee we own? For example, if someone backed for a Switch copy through Kickstarter but got too impatient to play the game and so bought a physical X-Box version of the game in a store, do you think the DLC code from Playtonic will only be compatible with that backer's Switch copy, because that is the copy Playtonic assigned them through Kickstarter? Or do you think the DLC will be a code that can be redeemed on one copy of whichever version of the game you want to download it for?
Or what about people who backed for more than one copy of the game, say they backed for a digital code and the PC Physical edition, do you think they'll get two DLC codes because they got two copies of the game from Kickstarter?

Tek

Re: DLC now that Switch is out?!

Postby Tek » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:33 am

ShanPen wrote:
Yuke Quantum wrote:And getting back on topic about DLC, I was wondering do people think the DLC that Kickstarter backers are supposed to get for free will be tied to our copy of the game we were given through Kickstarter, or will it work for one version of any copy of Yooka-Laylee we own? For example, if someone backed for a Switch copy through Kickstarter but got too impatient to play the game and so bought a physical X-Box version of the game in a store, do you think the DLC code from Playtonic will only be compatible with that backer's Switch copy, because that is the copy Playtonic assigned them through Kickstarter? Or do you think the DLC will be a code that can be redeemed on one copy of whichever version of the game you want to download it for?
Or what about people backed for the PC Physical edition, do you think they'll get two DLC codes because they got two copies of the game from Kickstarter?

It could be that I'm totally wrong on this, but I would think that the codes they send out for the DLC would be for the same platform that the backer chose for their game key. I doubt the DLC code would be specifically tied to the copy of the full game that you receive, though. On Steam for example, I would assume the DLC code could be applied to my account and be added to my copy of the game, or I could, theoretically, instead give the code to someone else who has the game on Steam and it would then be added and registered to their copy of the game. No idea if people with the physical PC version + digital would get two codes, but I'm not counting on it.

xXMalakianXVII

Postby xXMalakianXVII » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:19 am

Anything happening regarding this DLC, Playtonic?

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 am

xXMalakianXVII wrote:Anything happening regarding this DLC, Playtonic?

Nobody knows. The radio silence still isn't over.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:30 pm

xXMalakianXVII wrote:Anything happening regarding this DLC, Playtonic?

Yes something is happening, last time they mentioned the dlc ("extra content") was April 11. Just because they're not showing a trailer or screenshots doesn't mean they're not working on it every day.

Newsletter wrote:Yes, hands up, we’ve been a bit quiet for a while. But we promise it’s because we’ve been far too busy working on covert goodness, and not because we’ve been down the pub for 4 months. Soon we’ll start talking more actively, both about extra content for Yooka-Laylee, plus… other stuff. Shhh!

Link: https://www.playtonicgames.com/one/

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”