Delightful Details

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
ShanPen

Delightful Details

Postby ShanPen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:25 am

Since so much work goes into all the aspects of creating a game, I thought I'd start a topic where we can marvel at any small details found in the game that you thought were amusing and deserve to be pointed out so that other fans of the game who might have missed them can appreciate them too, and to show Playtonic that we appreciate the little things they've put into the game.

It could be something visual, a sound effect, or even a funny character or place name (such as "Dr. Puzz" sounding like "Octopus" when you say it fast) - whatever you'd like to share.

Here are some visual ones I have to share with screenshots.

The King on the card showing out of the top of the card deck enemies is Capital B! :o

The hieroglyphs around the walls of Capital Cashino repeatedly spell "PLAYTONYC [sic] GAMES YOOKA LAYLEE" (someone in the team needs to go back to Gobi's Valley to brush up on their hieroglyphics! :lol:).

The carpet pattern contains the conical flask and triangle shapes from the Playtonic Games logo.

Amusing book title "How to use hexagons in all your home decorating!". Capital B certainly read that book thoroughly when designing his lair!

Amusing book title "50 Shaders of Games". :lol: I haven't found this book anywhere else in the game yet.

The "Slippy Edition" of the book "The Slide From The Top" because the book is angled to form a slide.

A matching "Step Edition" called "To The Top! How I Stepped Up!" when the books form stairs.

The special "Domino Edition". ;)

Poor discarded "Vice-Prezedent" Dr. Quack statue abandoned in a lonely corner of the Hivory Towers Lair.

Love the "Pants and why you should wear them" brochure taking a light-hearted stab at the people who complained that Yooka needed pants when the title characters were first revealed.

Some helpful tips on the back of the multi-coloured paint tin, such as "Do not paint your cat" and "Do not apply to butt". :lol:
Please post anything amusing you have noticed, as I'd love to see what other fans have found!

ShanPen

Re: Delightful Details

Postby ShanPen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 pm

A few more:

The Playtonic Games logo on one side of treasure coins, and Capital B's face on the other side.

The island where the pigs and Shovel Knight are searching for pirate treasure is shaped like a skull and crossbones.

Capital B's prestigious top office floor is denoted by a dollar sign on the elevator sign.

Dr. Quack has turned the service lift/dumbwaiter on the side of Hivory Towers into his own personal lift, complete with dodgy little ramp.

Trust the Playtonic team to come up with the character of a mooning moon called "Moonie". :lol:

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:34 am

Since there’s no like button here, I’ll just say thank you for that great post, it was a good read! (Got nothing to contribute at this time though :mrgreen: )

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks! :)

And if you do end up finding anything to add, please do, as I'd like to see what other people have found!

Gavtonic
Site Admin

Postby Gavtonic » Thu May 03, 2018 9:30 am

Some of these were news to me! :D

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu May 03, 2018 10:48 am

Cool details! :D

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue May 08, 2018 10:18 pm