Is the DLC still happening?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Rueckkoppler

Re: Is the DLC still happening?

Postby Rueckkoppler » Fri May 18, 2018 11:04 am

When theres nothing to say other than complaining about PTG not communicating, nobody gains something from this. We know since the longest time that they're getting really quiet when working, so no, I don't see the contribution of complaining about this, other than staying in a repetitive loop. And a higher post count on these forums doesn't equal interesting discussions or some kind of achievement.

LDK777 wrote:
Rueckkoppler wrote:You know what's a contributing thought instead of pointless complaining?

He is contributing. You're the one that's not. You seem blindly dead set on dismissing any and all criticism of anything PTG as "demanding" or "complaining"

You should be able a fan of a company without letting simple basic criticism or suggestions rile you up so much.

Way to go to cut off my quote right before my "contribution" (E3 2018. Expect stuff around that time). Be it so tiny, it is more than the essence of Piets posts since he registered on these forums (which is: I want info. NOW! PTG should communicate. NOW! in various variations).

On topic: I'm cautiously curious about the DLC, because I hope that they'll fix the mistakes / shortcomings of the main game in that. I'm a Rareware-superfan, but wasn't blown away by Yooka either. And I really thought I would be.

ShiroXIII

Postby ShiroXIII » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:36 pm

So I'm actually not sure if the DLC is still happening :/. I sent them an email asking if when the DLC comes out I would be able to get it for Switch instead of ps4 (which is what I got from backing as I didn't want to have to wait).

Here is the response I received:

We are not sure how any DLC, if released, will work so watch this space and we will let everyone know!

Idk, I guess I'm a bit worried after getting that. My first time being worried, previously I was anxiously awaiting information but figured they were just working hard.

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 am

ShiroXIII wrote:So I'm actually not sure if the DLC is still happening :/. I sent them an email asking if when the DLC comes out I would be able to get it for Switch instead of ps4 (which is what I got from backing as I didn't want to have to wait).

We are not sure how any DLC, if released, will work so watch this space and we will let everyone know!

Idk, I guess I'm a bit worried after getting that. My first time being worried, previously I was anxiously awaiting information but figured they were just working hard.

*Sigh...*

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:37 pm

ShiroXIII wrote:So I'm actually not sure if the DLC is still happening :/. I sent them an email asking if when the DLC comes out I would be able to get it for Switch instead of ps4 (which is what I got from backing as I didn't want to have to wait).

for the first time , playtonic start to worry me.. what the cupcake they are doing since the game got released on switch.

ShiroXIII

Postby ShiroXIII » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:58 pm

bigfanofoldrare wrote:

for the first time , playtonic start to worry me.. what the cupcake they are doing since the game got released on switch.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's just miscommunication or something but yeah...blarg...I'm starting to hate this whole backing games on kickstarter. So far this has been the only positive thing I've backed and even now I'm starting to get a bit worried. I'm hoping someone else may have heard something different though.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:07 pm

bigfanofoldrare wrote:

Oh dear.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 am

It could be PR spin - the typical "don't confirm or deny anything until the company is ready to speak" tactic.
Someone asked Steve Mayles on Twitter a few days ago what Playtonic were up to and he said they were busy working on something and that we'd find out "soon(ish)". (Hey at least he acknowledges that their use of "soon" is never quite so soon by putting the "ish" in brackets. :lol:)
https://mobile.twitter.com/WinkySteve/status/1008286725670653953

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:47 am

I reckon their soon is 1 year and their soonish is 2 years

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”