Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
the8thark
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby the8thark » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:04 pm

"This is one that many Switch fans have been waiting for!
@Team17Ltd and @PlaytonicGames' Yooka-Laylee will be getting a physical release on the Nintendo Switch!
It will be available exclusively through us at http://www.limitedrungames.com !"

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 03616?s=19

Thank you Playtonic and Team 17 for working hard to make this a reality.
It will be a limited time pre-order so anyone can get this on cart as lnog as you get your pre-order in on time.

Piet
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby Piet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 pm

the8thark wrote:"This is one that many Switch fans have been waiting for!
@Team17Ltd and @PlaytonicGames' Yooka-Laylee will be getting a physical release on the Nintendo Switch!
It will be available exclusively through us at http://www.limitedrungames.com !"

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 03616?s=19

Thank you Playtonic and Team 17 for working hard to make this a reality.
It will be a limited time pre-order so anyone can get this on cart as lnog as you get your pre-order in on time.

'Limited' is what bothers me tho...
Can I get a physical copy when I live in the Netherlands..?

the8thark
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby the8thark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Piet wrote:
the8thark wrote:"This is one that many Switch fans have been waiting for!
@Team17Ltd and @PlaytonicGames' Yooka-Laylee will be getting a physical release on the Nintendo Switch!
It will be available exclusively through us at http://www.limitedrungames.com !"

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 03616?s=19

Thank you Playtonic and Team 17 for working hard to make this a reality.
It will be a limited time pre-order so anyone can get this on cart as lnog as you get your pre-order in on time.

'Limited' is what bothers me tho...
Can I get a physical copy when I live in the Netherlands..?

Yes you can. The limited part is the pre-order period is the only time you can get it. Miss that window and you miss it forever.

User avatar
ShanPen
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby ShanPen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am

the8thark wrote:Yes you can. The limited part is the pre-order period is the only time you can get it. Miss that window and you miss it forever.


Have you (or anyone else reading this who'd care to comment) bought from them before and/or can confirm the 14 day open pre-order window is definitely how they do things now?
Because I read the FAQ and the "Buying Guide" (https://limitedrungames.com/pages/buying-guide) on their website and that made it sound like they create the limited number of games first and then release them for sale at two set times on one specific day and that's the only chance you get. I'm wondering if that was their old method of selling (or if I just interpreted it wrong) and so just wanted to confirm that they do indeed do open pre-orders now.

Piet
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby Piet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 am

ShanPen wrote:
the8thark wrote:Yes you can. The limited part is the pre-order period is the only time you can get it. Miss that window and you miss it forever.


Have you (or anyone else reading this who'd care to comment) bought from them before and/or can confirm the 14 day open pre-order window is definitely how they do things now?
Because I read the FAQ and the "Buying Guide" (https://limitedrungames.com/pages/buying-guide) on their website and that made it sound like they create the limited number of games first and then release them for sale at two set times on one specific day and that's the only chance you get. I'm wondering if that was their old method of selling (or if I just interpreted it wrong) and so just wanted to confirm that they do indeed do open pre-orders now.

^ This.

User avatar
ShanPen
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby ShanPen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 am

Piet wrote:
ShanPen wrote:
the8thark wrote:Yes you can. The limited part is the pre-order period is the only time you can get it. Miss that window and you miss it forever.


Have you (or anyone else reading this who'd care to comment) bought from them before and/or can confirm the 14 day open pre-order window is definitely how they do things now?
Because I read the FAQ and the "Buying Guide" (https://limitedrungames.com/pages/buying-guide) on their website and that made it sound like they create the limited number of games first and then release them for sale at two set times on one specific day and that's the only chance you get. I'm wondering if that was their old method of selling (or if I just interpreted it wrong) and so just wanted to confirm that they do indeed do open pre-orders now.

^ This.


I found this by Limited Run Games on Twitter saying that all Switch games are sold as open pre-orders, so we should all be right to get physical Switch copies of Yooka-Laylee if we want, assuming they keep up this method of sale. :)
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1007289719980298240


Return to “Yooka-Laylee”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests