How many Kickstarter milestones are there left for Playtonic Games to complete?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Taylor

Re: How many Kickstarter milestones are there left for Playtonic Games to complete?

Postby Taylor » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Xellos wrote:I would have at least expected that the developer commentary had been released by now, be it on Playtonic's YouTube channel or a patch adding commentary nodes you can interact with into Yooka-Laylee - which would play a short audio message that would explain the design process that went behind a puzzle/challenge, environment hazard, NPC, boss battle, etc. But no, still nothing...

In fairness, why make the commentary before the DLC? The 'final' game hasn't technically been released yet. Since we've waited so long already, I'd rather they save the commentary for whatever expansion the DLC brings for a fuller experience.
Taylonic Ltd.

Piet

Re: How many Kickstarter milestones are there left for Playtonic Games to complete?

Postby Piet » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Taylor wrote:
Xellos wrote:I would have at least expected that the developer commentary had been released by now, be it on Playtonic's YouTube channel or a patch adding commentary nodes you can interact with into Yooka-Laylee - which would play a short audio message that would explain the design process that went behind a puzzle/challenge, environment hazard, NPC, boss battle, etc. But no, still nothing...

In fairness, why make the commentary before the DLC? The 'final' game hasn't technically been released yet. Since we've waited so long already, I'd rather they save the commentary for whatever expansion the DLC brings for a fuller experience.

Anything at all would be nice atm... But yes: DLC > Rest.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Taylor wrote:
Xellos wrote:I would have at least expected that the developer commentary had been released by now, be it on Playtonic's YouTube channel or a patch adding commentary nodes you can interact with into Yooka-Laylee - which would play a short audio message explaining the design process that went behind a puzzle/challenge, environment hazard, NPC, boss battle, etc. But no, still nothing...

That's an easy question to answer; Playtonic would have fulfilled one of the remaining stretch goals they promised to backers long before they would release the DLC. If the DLC ends up being an extra level or just a new area appearing out of thin air in the existing levels, then they could have easily made another commentary video or a patch. But if the DLC is something else entirely, say cosmetic things like pants for Yooka, then there would be no need to do that.

I think the reason why it's taking so long is because not everyone on the development team is working on the stretch goals, a good portion of them would be busy working on the next game rumored to be starring that space chick called Schell. Not to mention, the Switch port of Yooka-Laylee took months before it was ready to launch in December 2017, thus taking valuable time off the other work that needs to be done.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”