How large would you want the worlds in a sequel to be?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
ronnnypiku

How large would you want the worlds in a sequel to be?

Postby ronnnypiku » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:30 pm

I'd want them to be about the size of the unexpanded worlds in Yooka Laylee (maybe a little smaller). To make the worlds feel larger, they could have them all be interconnected like Tooie's worlds. I would prefer about 15 Pagies per world and have the quests to get them be more detailed. I wish they'd put other major collectibles in the world, like have you collect 2-3 butterfly or energy containers before getting an upgrade and you have to collect Play Tonics for Vendi to unlock her abilities. These would be a much better reward for the second time you play Rextro's minigames.

Gorjo

Re: How large would you want the worlds in a sequel to be?

Postby Gorjo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:53 pm

I like big, explorable worlds. This may be an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind if the sequel's worlds are big or evven bigger, though I would prefer if the quils would re-spawn every time the player enters the world (like in BK) so it's easier to the player be guided through it.

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

Rueckkoppler

Re: How large would you want the worlds in a sequel to be?

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:14 am

Only if all their areas are visually more distinct and gameplay wise more interesting. I'd even prefer downsizing if their design improves in return.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”