Switch: Yooka Laylee doesn't show up under Play Activity on nintendo switch profile?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
hasii

Switch: Yooka Laylee doesn't show up under Play Activity on nintendo switch profile?

Postby hasii » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:29 pm

I mean that title says it all really. I've been playing the game for almost a week (limited run's physical release) and went onto my profile last night and noticed Yooka Laylee isn't on there. There's no "first played 5 days ago" or "played for x amount of hours" or anything like that. Is this because you select which Switch profile is playing after you've already opened the game?? And is it a feature or a glitch? It's not that big of a deal since Yooka Laylee itself does tell you how long you've played, but I do quite like having my games on my profile.

ShanPen

Re: Switch: Yooka Laylee doesn't show up under Play Activity on nintendo switch profile?

Postby ShanPen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:37 pm

That's weird, it had always shown up on my play profile, but mine was initially an eShop download.

I wonder if playing the physical cart version has something to do with it? Maybe no carts from Limited Run Games show up on player profiles.

I've been playing an eShop PAL Australia download version since the Switch version released and that has always shown up in my play profile, but recently I got my physical version from Limited Run Games so I deleted the digital version of the game and now my save file plays with the cart version of the game, but it'll be interesting to see if the hours of play still increases for Yooka-Laylee on my play profile or if it'll just stay frozen how it was from when I was playing the digital version.

(Also I wish there was an option to delete individual games from the play profile so I could get rid of all the bad game demos I played for about 30sec before deciding to delete them).

ShanPen

Re: Switch: Yooka Laylee doesn't show up under Play Activity on nintendo switch profile?

Postby ShanPen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:33 am

ShanPen wrote:I got my physical version from Limited Run Games so I deleted the digital version of the game and now my save file plays with the cart version of the game, but it'll be interesting to see if the hours of play still increases for Yooka-Laylee on my play profile or if it'll just stay frozen how it was from when I was playing the digital version.

So since playing the physical cart version of the game, the hours of play have not increased on my play profile.
Another thing is that when I sort my screen shots by game, the screen shots I took during the digital version of Yooka-Laylee show up separately to the screenshots I've taken while playing the physical version of the game (though maybe that could be due to other differences such as my digital being a PAL version or Australian version and therefore considered a slightly different game to the Limited Run Games version?).

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”