DLC predictions!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Piet

DLC predictions!

Postby Piet » Wed May 22, 2019 10:24 am

So, it's very likely that we get some new info about the DLC soon (o, that dreaded word :P) as Daley told us that PTG wants to 'have restored some of that lost faith by the middle of this year’.

So, what do you guys think the DLC will be?
I think the infamous Inept security bot will finally show '100%' and that it will open up a new world IF you've collected all pirate treasures (& a certain amount of Pagies).
Theme: Pirate.

AND, GO!!
Last edited by Piet on Mon May 27, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scrubber

Re: DLC predictions!

Postby Scrubber » Mon May 27, 2019 8:50 am

I mean, the xbox and playstation still dont have that n64 shader that the PC and switch got months ago, though it was to follow "soon". So while I have the xbox version I am not confident I will see the DLC anytime soon even if the PC and switch do get it.

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon May 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Scrubber wrote:I mean, the xbox and playstation still dont have that n64 shader that the PC and switch got months ago, though it was to follow "soon". So while I have the xbox version I am not confident I will see the DLC anytime soon even if the PC and switch do get it.

Hmmm... You may be right, but we have to give ‘em a chance as Daley said ‘by the middle of this year’, which is still/only a month away.
Let’s hope for the best! :)

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:22 am

Piet wrote:So, it's very likely that we get some new info about the DLC soon (o, that dreaded word :P) as Daley told us that PTG wants to 'have restored some of that lost faith by the middle of this year’.

So, what do you guys think the DLC will be?
I think the infamous Inept security bot will finally show '100%' and that it will open up a new world IF you've collected all pirate treasures (& a certain amount of Pagies).
Theme: Pirate.

AND, GO!!

I think you are right about the DLC being a new Pirate themed level that you can only access if you have all the Pirate Treasure!

As for the middle of the year announcement, I think Team 17 might be announcing a Yooka-Laylee 2 very soon, according to their latest news post (https://www.team17.com/two-new-team17-games-to-be-announced-next-week/hell-let-loose/. Here are a few choice quotes from that article:

Team17 wrote:With E3 approaching and Hell Let Loose releasing on the 6th of June, it’s fair to say that Team17 has a very busy week ahead! In fact, next week we’ll be unveiling not just one but TWO BRAND NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS!

In the meantime, you can find a couple of cryptic clues to the identity of these new games in the image above

And this is the image they talk about:

Notice the very subtle hexagon pattern in the yellow 17 part of the logo? :o

Here's the 17 after I've played around with the colours a bit to make it more obvious:

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Interesting! Very interesting.

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 am

ShanPen wrote:As for the middle of the year announcement, I think Team 17 might be announcing a Yooka-Laylee 2 very soon, according to their latest news post (https://www.team17.com/two-new-team17-games-to-be-announced-next-week/hell-let-loose/. Here are a few choice quotes from that article:

I HOPE you're right, but I'm not convinced... Sadly...
We'll know soon! :D

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Piet wrote:
ShanPen wrote:As for the middle of the year announcement, I think Team 17 might be announcing a Yooka-Laylee 2 very soon, according to their latest news post (https://www.team17.com/two-new-team17-games-to-be-announced-next-week/hell-let-loose/. Here are a few choice quotes from that article:

Well, consider me convinced. What else would use honey combs? Admittedly, I don't know Team17's entire catalogue of games, but it feels very Yooka-ish to me and they specifically mentioned a new game.

I do not think DLC will be anything major. We've received no real news about the DLC in a very long time and as the core fanbase would get it free, it probably wouldn't turn out very profitable to spend much time working on it. I have always expected something minor, maybe cosmetic, for DLC.

My excitement now lies with the prospect of a Yooka sequel (starring Capital B as the main 'protagonist'?)
Taylonic Ltd.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:00 pm

Unless it's a spin off title, Yooka-Laylee 2 wont have Capital B as a protagonist.
I reckon it's gonna be Yooka-Laylee 2, where they want to show us exactly what they can create without the deadlines and restrictions of kickstarter.

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:35 pm

Taylor wrote:
Piet wrote:

Well, consider me convinced. What else would use honey combs? Admittedly, I don't know Team17's entire catalogue of games, but it feels very Yooka-ish to me and they specifically mentioned a new game.

I do not think DLC will be anything major. We've received no real news about the DLC in a very long time and as the core fanbase would get it free, it probably wouldn't turn out very profitable to spend much time working on it. I have always expected something minor, maybe cosmetic, for DLC.

My excitement now lies with the prospect of a Yooka sequel (starring Capital B as the main 'protagonist'?)

Well... I hope you guys are right.

Regarding DLC: Let’s just hope it’s worth the wait. The pirate treasures just HAVE to have a purpose... Or maybe they’re used in YL2?

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:58 am

Piet wrote:Regarding DLC: Let’s just hope it’s worth the wait. The pirate treasures just HAVE to have a purpose... Or maybe they’re used in YL2?

Maybe it was purely a collectable for people who like the challenge of finding something difficult, and that’s why they called it “pirate treasure” because you symbolically had to go “hunting for treasure” that was buried deep within the level.
It would be cool if the pirate treasure was somehow used in the new game though, like a modern Stop ‘n’ Swop feature.

Since the recent speculation about Twooka-Laylee, I’ve had another thought about what the DLC might be. Maybe it’s a bit of a preview of the new game, similar to what the Toybox/+ was like for Kickstarter backers before Yooka-Laylee was released. An area where you get to run around and see a few assets from the new game, hear a preview of some new music and maybe even try out a new move.

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:20 pm

ShanPen wrote:like a modern Stop ‘n’ Swop feature.

This! ^
I do really think they & hope have a purpose!
Even the Stop 'N' Swop eggs/key had a purpose (after manyyy years, that is). :D

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”