Amiibo!!! OH MY GOSH !

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Royboy140

Amiibo!!! OH MY GOSH !

Postby Royboy140 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:19 pm

So Excited! Hopefully This Will Work! Lets Get This Happening! Any theories On What the Animals Are?

Rampers

Re: Amiibo!!! OH MY GOSH !

Postby Rampers » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:31 pm

I definitely saw a mouse on the slides! Do you guys think these amiibo would be a kickstarter exclusive or do you guys think we will be seeing these in stores? Would they only be used in Project Ukulele, or do you guys see them being used in other games? Smash Bros Project Ukulele DLC confirmed?! :o

HueyLewisFan

Postby HueyLewisFan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:32 pm

From the teaser I saw, it looked like a kind of lizard like thing. I'd be so down with having an Amiibo of this and other indie titles on the Wii U. Hope that makes it to the kickstarter reward list.

KIANT2911

Postby KIANT2911 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Anyone would be great, keep this as a target!!!!!!
Donkey Kong 64 and Nintendo in general fan!!!

photonblaze

Postby photonblaze » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:56 pm

In the outdoor image, you can see a lizard/chameleon in the bottom left corner in the bushes.
I predict a chameleon/toucan duo.

Also, I would LOVE to see Amiibos... as long as there are enough produced that scalpers don't scalp everything.

TheAnvil

Postby TheAnvil » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:58 pm

I want Amiibos of these characters so bad. In a perfect world, Nintendo would buy this team up and add the characters to Smash.
Project Ukelele for Wii U. @MLFoxwell

Tbone51

Postby Tbone51 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Fully Supported on Amiibos. Would buy all, and with Playtonic being the first of many game developers to do amiibos outside of Nintendo themselves, would set a great example to the industry (imo)

DK+Diddy Kong amiibo for in game support as well. A well tip of the hat for these!

Also Maincharacter and future NPC that will have their own games. Let Playtonic make a new era of excellent lovable characters like Nintendo! (Well they already have with all the great games back in the N64 era :-D

Royboy140

Postby Royboy140 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Im really excited to see a platonic universe! its just like the good ol days of rare but this time it will actually happen because it somewhat happened with diddy kong racing with conked and banjo being in it along with others, So I'm excited to see that concept get fleshed out even more! So Lizard/Toucan Duo eh? Im Down with that :D

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:07 pm

If they make an amiibo of this duo, I'm placing them right next to my Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong amiibos :D

Luma Party

Postby Luma Party » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:15 pm

What type of support would it be though?
What could amiibo actually do?

Dustin Demon

Postby Dustin Demon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Amiibos seem like a pretty unlikely idea, especially if this is staying multiplat, but I would DEFINITELY snatch them all up.

Turn it into a REAL LIFE collectathon!

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:29 pm

that would be up to playtonic to program in game bonuses for the amiibo. IT would also be up to nintendo for the amiibos' approval.

gyroscope

Postby gyroscope » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:38 pm

This makes me think that they'd have some sort of partnership directly (maybe becoming a second-party for) Nintendo?

I'd be cool with that. I can't think of any bad Rare games that came out on Nintendo consoles.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:53 pm

I've never personally been a fan of Amiibo. It seems there's quite a bit of support for it on here though (and from Gavin Price), so I guess it'd be a pretty fan-friendly idea in general.
Taylonic Ltd.

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Maybe Amiibo support would be something akin to what they do for Kirby games? Like a short burst of a powerup, a cute costume. Like if there were Amiibos for BanjoKazooie, I would imagine something like a limited infinite Red Feather for Kazooie, or make Banjo look like a panda, stuff like that.

I think it would be neat. I'm generally impressed with the quality of amiibos, and wouldn't mind having some for these new characters in my collection.

Tbone51

Postby Tbone51 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Luma Party wrote:What type of support would it be though?
What could amiibo actually do?

Lets see, for starters i think other than the franchise itself, they can have Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong amiibo supported with the game. All it does it gives an appearance to the main characters. Donkey Kong would give a DK Tie to the main character (Lizard) and the bird would get the Nintendo Hat from a Diddy Kong Amiibo.

As to the others, that is a interesting question. Hard to say. If i come up with anything i'll post it here :)

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:45 pm

I didn't even knew I wanted Ukulele Amiibos... BUT NOW I NEED THEM!! Please make them!! make a lot of them!!!

LinkJr

Postby LinkJr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:54 pm

I missed the talk (will watch later) so I don't know how they mentioned amiibo, but I would love to see it happen, not only with Ukelele, but I hope Nintendo allows some third party studios to work with them.

If they get some costumes from Nintendo amiibo it would be cool, but I really wanted to see some figures from original characters, not really sure what they could do though, racing the characters somehow would be cool, unlocking a special collectible hunt would be great too, but I feel like locking content with just amiibo is unfair, maybe they can work a way to unlock the features in game as well.

Krockhead

Postby Krockhead » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:00 pm

The only Nintendo Ammibos I'd want to see supported are Donkey and Diddy. It's like how the Fire Emblem Ammibos are supported in S.T.E.A.M., it works because of Intelligent Systems. Donkey and Diddy will always be Rare characters in my heart, especially Diddy, and Playtonic is the closest we'll ever get to Rare making games on Nintendo systems again. It could just bring in their clothes as an easter egg, or they could pull a S.T.E.A.M. and have it bring in the actual characters.

Rare

Postby Rare » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:49 am

I want amiibo support of DK and Diddy

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”