Character ideas

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Scraps69

Character ideas

Postby Scraps69 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:00 pm

I reckon there should be a thread for character ideas that Playtonic hasnt thought of yet..

I'd like to see a character that is from Playtonics equivelant of South Africa, is nostalgic about the apartheid, is currently looking/hunting/mining for blood diamonds, and spits out euphemisms, phrases with innuendo which always ends with ' eh lads?' .

Eg (a sailing ship got hit hard by a storm or cannon balls) 'she went through a rough pounding, eh lads?'

I reckon such a character would be brilliant eh Playtonic?

Josh-Bominaqua

Re: Character ideas

Postby Josh-Bominaqua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Like a foul mouthed character but just makes innuendos? I guess it can work.

I've always have been thinking of a sumo wrestling crow that can be like a "tutorial guy" with a stereotypical accent.
"A delayed game is eventually a good game, a bad game is a bad game forever." ~Miyamoto.

F these birds am I right?

Scraps69

Postby Scraps69 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:31 pm

The ' eh lads' Signifies that a dirty jokes been made no matter how overt or covert it is.

Scraps69

Postby Scraps69 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Or how about a character, right, that is looking for his musician mate who stole money off him to feed his drug addiction called, say, Sam. And this character sends you on quests to find this Sam. But he's never actually found , just his items such as an unusually sshaped glass bottle, or a lighter. The catch phrase for these quests are "Where's Sam?"

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:01 pm

I want a big moa! A merciless dude with an Australian accent named Bruce Mick Jackson.
He should look like this:

His catchphrase should and MUST be: "Oi, mate! Crikey! It'll be a piece o' piss!"
My favorite line from V from Vendetta is: "Behind this mask there's not just flesh and bones and brains, but there's also another bulletproof mask, and bulletproof masks are bulletproof."

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Is Playtonic allowed to take character ideas from the fans? I've seen people who are legally obligated not to read or see ideas from fans, maybe in fear of getting sued, though said people are usually working under a publisher of some kind. Maybe it's different for people who release their games independently?
...A Man can dream... Project Dream, that is.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:50 pm

EekumBokum202 wrote:Is Playtonic allowed to take character ideas from the fans? I've seen people who are legally obligated not to read or see ideas from fans, maybe in fear of getting sued, though said people are usually working under a publisher of some kind. Maybe it's different for people who release their games independently?

Interesting question. I doubt Playtonic will use someone's word-for-word idea, but suggestions such as "no vehicles", or "a level set in space" etc. are easily implemented without any chance of legal action being taken.

You'd have to be a really depressing person to try and sue over an idea you posted in a free-to-access forum though... :roll:
Taylonic Ltd.

DKBananaSlamma

Postby DKBananaSlamma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:57 pm

My oc, kong donkey, he is a red gorilla with a brown tie.

:D

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 pm

DKBananaSlamma wrote:My oc, kong donkey, he is a red gorilla with a brown tie.
:D

"You bloody wanker!"
My favorite line from V from Vendetta is: "Behind this mask there's not just flesh and bones and brains, but there's also another bulletproof mask, and bulletproof masks are bulletproof."

Shoegayzer

Postby Shoegayzer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:39 pm

-
Last edited by Shoegayzer on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scraps69

Postby Scraps69 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:03 am

I give Playtonic Games full 100% approval to use the ideas in any form and capacity and will not seek reimbursement in any form. I will not and do not seek to hold rights to the above ideas.

Viellain
Location: The North American Plate on Planet Earth, part of the Solar System within the Milky Way.

Postby Viellain » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:43 am

Scraps69 wrote:I give Playtonic Games full 100% approval to use the ideas in any form and capacity and will not seek reimbursement in any form. I will not and do not seek to hold rights to the above ideas.

Well if you're using their forum to talk about this stuff it is technically legal for them just to take and use that idea. Just like if you emailed someone then Google can still use your idea.

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:51 am

Was there an otter in the banjo games? There aren't enough otters in videogames.

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:17 am

A black cat witch librarian named Spellda T. Bookingham! She or some version of her could be the main villain that attacked Bookingham Palace to rip out the Pagies of the famous Book Worlds to make her own book: The Legend of Spellda! With the power she gains from making it she becomes the new queen and locks up the old one!

Uko and Lei-Lei unite forces to find all the Pagies to restore the Book Worlds and stop Spellda's plagiaristic plot!!!

Palmela a single mother palm tree of twenty kids and she who is rather nerdy and can't find a date!

Literace (Like Lberace) a master of writing who is very flamboyantly dressed, arrogant but kind spider. He gives hints to help find Pagies when you give him enough Quill Pens!

Writer's Block: Big googly-eyed colored classic toy ABC blocks that block off the areas in each Book World! With enough Pagies the colored block will disolve and cover the black and white scribbled areas (literally masses of squiggles) into big expanded new areas!

Typoo: These are crumpled up googly eyed notebook paper balls of badly written garbage that hop around! The poo of writing really stinks!!! Yes even flies gather around it!!!

Typoon: This is an origami paper harpoon of thrown away bad writing that flies out of the shadowy foliage and tries to slice you to pieces!!!

Erik Rasa: A giant pro wrestler eraser who tries to rub out our heroes by hopping on them!!!

rocho

Postby rocho » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:58 am

Maybe we can have our skater bear this time around!

Banjo had some skater inspiration on dream as stated on the Rare revealed: Project Dream video.

https://youtu.be/w72kj20YNA0

I think it's a perfect opportunity to create an over accessorized skater bear kinda like what Funky Kong is to Donkey Kong.

(That way we can balance the naked Yooka-Laylee duo with a 90's themed clothed bear too)

What do you guys think?

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:04 pm

Taylor wrote:
EekumBokum202 wrote:Is Playtonic allowed to take character ideas from the fans? I've seen people who are legally obligated not to read or see ideas from fans, maybe in fear of getting sued, though said people are usually working under a publisher of some kind. Maybe it's different for people who release their games independently?

Interesting question. I doubt Playtonic will use someone's word-for-word idea, but suggestions such as "no vehicles", or "a level set in space" etc. are easily implemented without any chance of legal action being taken.

You'd have to be a really depressing person to try and sue over an idea you posted in a free-to-access forum though... :roll:

Just so we're all on the same page. I am copyrighting the idea of a 3D Platformer being released in 2016 having vehicles. I'm also copyrighting the idea of a 3D Platformer being released in 2016 having no vehicles.

You're move, Playtonic :twisted:
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”