Will a goldfish tap the side of his bowl three times?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Alph

Re: Will a goldfish tap the side of his bowl three times?

Postby Alph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:06 pm

There should be a sidequest that has you going around searching for various astrological figures. At the end of the quest, you'd run into an inconspicuous goldfish at a place where you were expecting to find lots of crabs. You'd go up to the fish and tell him that you're looking for Cancer. "I was diagnosed three months ago." would be his only reply.

Cronid

Postby Cronid » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:08 pm

If Royston the Goldfish doesn't make a return in Ukulele, I'm giving up games forever. He should get his own game!

DKVineChad

Postby DKVineChad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Well Roysten is (presumably) owned by Microsoft, so that's probably out. But, y'know, say it's just a vaguely defined cartoon goldfish that happens to tap on his bowl three times in succession, and might have been grilled at some point in the past (not to mention smashed by a boulder, eaten by a mole, stolen by an insane baron, placed in a papery garden, stuck on a blocky vehicle, and whacked by golf clubs)... well, who's to say who it is?

#3Taps4Ukulele
Last edited by DKVineChad on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cronid

Postby Cronid » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:17 pm

As long as the circumstances are different, there shouldn't be a problem :) Four taps instead maybe? Go the extra mile? And instead of being trapped under a boulder, it could be...a very large rock?

XD375

Postby XD375 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 pm

No, it has been decided that four taps is too many. Two is not enough. Three is just right. #3Taps4Ukulele

Alph

Postby Alph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:29 pm

I believe in #3Taps4Ukulele.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Who needs a returning goldfish character when you can have a returning POOP machine?
Taylonic Ltd.

Alph

Postby Alph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:47 pm

While I'm sure all of us here would love to see POOP show up, it wouldn't be "returning" since it's never actually had a prior appearance to return from.

Not that we can say anything one way or another about the prior appearances of a legally ambiguous goldfish, were one to show up...

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Alph wrote:While I'm sure all of us here would love to see POOP show up, it wouldn't be "returning" since it's never actually had a prior appearance to return from.

I used returning to imply future Playtonic games -- POOP would feature in every one. Lots of POOP can't be a bad thing... I don't think.
Taylonic Ltd.

nicholas362

Postby nicholas362 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Cronid wrote:If Royston the Goldfish doesn't make a return in Ukulele, I'm giving up games forever. He should get his own game!

Roysten? What's a Roysten? We're talking about an unnamed goldfish that taps on a bowl thrice and just so happened to be grilled and stuck under a boulder, captured by a baron, sent to an island with papery animals, and hit with some golf clubs. Nothing to do with Roysten.

Alph

Postby Alph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Taylor wrote:
Alph wrote:While I'm sure all of us here would love to see POOP show up, it wouldn't be "returning" since it's never actually had a prior appearance to return from.

I used returning to imply future Playtonic games -- POOP would feature in every one. Lots of POOP can't be a bad thing... I don't think.

Oh, I see. In that case, I agree that POOP would make for an excellent "Playtonic calling card" character who shows up in Playtonic games where you least expect him.

But first this game needs a goldfish. Specifically, one that taps three times on his bowl.

nicholas362

Postby nicholas362 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:02 pm

P00p is the new Mr. Pants.

Also Playtonic, look at how many people want an unnamed goldfish that taps on his bowl three times. You've got to put it into the game.

Scraps69

Postby Scraps69 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:13 pm

I'll be harder then new dentures if a goldfish taps his bowl 3 times.

nicholas362

Postby nicholas362 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:30 pm

I would be happier than a prairie dog if we got an unnamed goldfish yada yada in the game.

qwertyo76

Postby qwertyo76 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:33 am

I'm pretty sure that they could just use Roysten and Microsoft wouldn't care or even notice. He could be a boss battle and they wouldn't notice.

...Actually yeah. Do that.
"Tiny creatures far below, which of you'll be first to go?"

DKVineHyle

Postby DKVineHyle » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:29 am

I'm absolutely dead serious, and I'm hoping the entire Playtonic team reads this.

I will pledge a disgusting amount of money if you guys promise that a thrice-tapping goldfish will find his way into the game. Seriously, if this were the ultimate stretch goal (over amiibo functionality, a physical release and backwards compatibility with the Virtual Boy) I'd go all in with my money. I mean, how hard is it to convey that your goldfish may or may not have been barbecued, trapped by a boulder, cooked and partially eaten by a mole, kidnapped by a pajamas-wearing weirdo who lives in a haunted house, been on the head of a weirdo living on an island populated by living party supplies and been whacked to a merciless degree with golf clubs? Three taps on a bowl and sad eyes will be enough to convey all of that pain.

Rawk

Postby Rawk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:03 am

Bonus points if said bowl is vehicular!

DKVineHyle

Postby DKVineHyle » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:17 am

Maybe this goldfish could be visiting Ukulele Island® to escape his hellish life? Maybe he just wants to get away from 3D platforming weirdos who absent-mindedly abuse him, thinking he's finally found a safe haven.

And then he's put in a deep frier.

DreaminErryDay

Postby DreaminErryDay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:21 am

This thread is hilarious, hello DKVine. :D

Scraps69

Postby Scraps69 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:22 am

If anything, he'd go to Ukulele Island because of clear Kinect Discrimination heh.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”