Kickstarter Rewards, Ideas?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Dr Derpington

Kickstarter Rewards, Ideas?

Postby Dr Derpington » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:48 am

Personally because of the obvious amount of dedicated fans for this project, I think donating a certain amount would be a cool way to get fans in the game in some way shape or form. Not sure what exactly but in any way would be awesome :D

Trixcalechat

Re: Kickstarter Rewards, Ideas?

Postby Trixcalechat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Amiibo of the Ukulele Duo
#UkuleleForWiiU

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:27 pm

I like simple things like posters and the N64 replica cartridge, or some 3D printed little figurines of the characters (not necessarily amiibos). Maybe sneak peeks of what's going on while they're working on the game. They could take the names of people who pledge certain amounts and make silly variations of them to use as character names.

...I'm not very good at this. I wish I had some more ideas.

SideScreamer

Postby SideScreamer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:34 pm

I'd love for some super secret cave that IS in the game, but extremely difficult to find. Something that Playtonic knows would take months to find. And on the inside of this cave, it is filled with full names of backers who, let's just say, pledged £60 or over. Maybe we can even do our own cave paintings, and we could send them to Playtonic to be replicated into this cave.

Steviocat

Postby Steviocat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 pm

I second the replica Nintendo 64 cartridge, that would be awesome. I also wouldn't mind something as simple as a tee-shirt. And of course, a Wii U stretch goal.

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:57 pm

SideScreamer wrote:I'd love for some super secret cave that IS in the game, but extremely difficult to find. Something that Playtonic knows would take months to find. And on the inside of this cave, it is filled with full names of backers who, let's just say, pledged £60 or over. Maybe we can even do our own cave paintings, and we could send them to Playtonic to be replicated into this cave.

I was thinking something like taking silly drawings by fans and framing them up on walls inside houses in the game, but I like your idea better.

I'm not against having fan stuff in the game, but I'd rather it stay as cute little extras like that rather than allow people creative decisions.

Or maybe one single, short, and optional bonus level with all the most ridiculous ideas people have.

I wouldn't mind a t-shirt either. Ladies sizes too, please. :]

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:24 am

The more awesome the reward, the less money goes toward the game.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:32 am

Jellyfunk wrote:The more awesome the reward, the less money goes toward the game.

This. All the physical rewards that people suggest might be really costly... Why make someone donate more for a reward when most of their donation will be spent on rewarding them? Pointless, unless a significant profit is made.
Taylonic Ltd.

EarthBound

Postby EarthBound » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 am

DKBananaSlamma

Postby DKBananaSlamma » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:33 am

The first reward should be for 1 cent and it could implement your own oc to be the star of the game instead of that green shrek thing.

For 2 cents you get to own the copyrightz whatever that is

For 3 cents you get to eat cake

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:37 am

Taylor wrote:
Jellyfunk wrote:The more awesome the reward, the less money goes toward the game.

This. All the physical rewards that people suggest might be really costly... Why make someone donate more for a reward when most of their donation will be spent on rewarding them? Pointless, unless a significant profit is made.

Things like t-shirts and posters are pretty inexpensive, though seeing as this project apparently has worldwide appeal, I can see the shipping charges adding up pretty quickly. Personally I don't really need any rewards, all I really want is the game, but I wouldn't say no to some small things.

LinkJr

Postby LinkJr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:52 am

I really like projects that have a soundtrack tier (digital).

CGB Spender

Postby CGB Spender » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:52 am

I think it would be cool if there was a hidden cheat-code entry room (like in Banjo Kazooie), and one of the rewards was getting to make a code that a player can enter and get to choose what it does (within reason).

Alliusis

Postby Alliusis » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:16 am

Some sort of poster, tshirt, or physical soundtrack would be amazing. Digital downloads are always good.

A small figurine or plushy or some sort of collectible (that N64 cartridge idea is fantastic) would be bonus and much desired if feasible.

AndyProtagonist

Postby AndyProtagonist » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:47 am

A chance to meet the Playtonic team, talk about the good old days, the future, and get totally shitfaced with them. :P
Andy Protagonist

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:03 am

AndyProtagonist wrote:A chance to meet the Playtonic team, talk about the good old days, the future, and get totally shitfaced with them. :P

Ooh, and then you guys can see who's better at drunk Diddy Kong Racing! That would be fun. :P

Potato Peeler

Postby Potato Peeler » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:04 am

AndyProtagonist wrote:A chance to meet the Playtonic team, talk about the good old days, the future, and get totally shitfaced with them. :P

This idea is brilliant!

Imagine going to the pub with a couple of cool laid-back fellas from the good ol' "Rareware" days,
having a great time together with at least someone that won't keep nagging them,
but with someone that grew up with their games back when it all started (Nintendo) that just wants a couple o' pints and listen to all their banter and in-jokes. 8-)

AndyProtagonist

Postby AndyProtagonist » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:13 am

supergardie wrote:

Ooh, and then you guys can see who's better at drunk Diddy Kong Racing! That would be fun. :P

Hahaha, that would be hilarious! :lol:

Potato Peeler wrote:

This idea is brilliant!

Imagine going to the pub with a couple of cool laid-back fellas from the good ol' "Rareware" days,
having a great time together with at least someone that won't keep nagging them,
but with someone that grew up with their games back when it all started (Nintendo) that just wants a couple o' pints and listen to all their banter and in-jokes. 8-)

I couldn't agree with you more! For hardcore fans like us it would be like a dream come true. :D
Andy Protagonist

Yitsul

Postby Yitsul » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 am

I would love a Wii U Disc Version

AndyProtagonist

Postby AndyProtagonist » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:20 am

Yitsul wrote:I would love a Wii U Disc Version

Yeah, I would totally buy that (if it's possible to do)! :D
Andy Protagonist

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”