Favorite worlds in BK, BT, DK64?

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
Piet

Re: Favorite worlds in BK, BT, DK64?

Postby Piet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:27 am

Banjo-Kazooie - Worlds:
- Click-Clock Woods
- Treasure Trove Cove
- Freezeezy Peak
- Mumbo's Mountain
- Mad Monster Mansion
- Bubblegloop Swamp
- Gobi's Valley
- Rusty Bucket Bay
- Clanker's Cavern
>>> Grunty's Lair & Spiral Mountain not included

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge - Worlds:
- Breegull Beach
- Cliff Farm
- Freezing Furnace
- Spiller's Harbor
- Bad Magic Bayou
>>> Spiral Mountain & Grunty's Castle not included

Banjo-Tooie - Worlds:
- Mayahem Temple
- Terrydactyland
- Cloud Cuckooland
- Hailfire Peaks
- Cauldron Keep
- Witchyworld
- Glitter Gulch Mine (HOLY CR*P... I just found out (after 15 years) that it's Gulch and not Glutch O_o ...)
- Jolly Roger's Lagoon
- Grunty Industries
>>> Ilse O' Hags & Spiral Mountain (& Grunty's Lair) not included

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - Worlds:
- Banjoland
- Nutty Acres
- Jiggosseum
- LOGBOX 720
- Terrarium of Terror
>>> Showdown Town & Spiral Mountain not included

----------
Donkey Kong 64 - Worlds:
- Jungle Japes
- Fungi Forest
- Angry Aztec
- Creepy Castle
- Crystal Caves
- Frantic Factory
- Gloomy Galleon
>>> DK Isles & Hideout Helm not included

Lienk

Postby Lienk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:19 pm

Here are my favourite worlds. Not so much selected from a ‘level building’ perspective but rather from a “vibes” perspective. I do love it when a world is well constructed and the whole playthrough is butter smooth (e.g. the Mario Galaxy or Sonic Adventure levels), but when a world feels like a living, breathing place, I tend to return to it more often to just wander around and absorb the environment (e.g. the castle in Super Mario 64 or Hyrule Field in OoT) if that makes any sense.

Banjo-Kazooie: Freezeezy Peak (because of the jolly Christmas vibes)
Banjo-Tooie: Jolly Roger's Lagoon (because of the cosy feeling of the houses and characters)
Donkey Kong 64: Jungle Japes (because I love hopping around with the Kongs in the jungle)

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 am

1) Witchyworld , there is something special in it .. i really liked it..
2) Angry Aztec
3) Glitter Gulch Mine
4)Terrydactyl Land
5) Mayhem Temple
6) All banjo-kazooie level cause the game is fun and i feel bad to don't put any level of this game lol.

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:31 pm

There's not a single level in Banjo-Kazooie I don't love. Atmosphere-wise, I love Gobi's Valley and MMM the most, difficulty-wise, Rusty Bucket Bay obviously wins, complexity-wise Click Clock Wood. But every level is just so amazingly well-done, I wouldn't know how to improve even a bit on this masterpiece. In Tooie, my favourite level is Terrydactyland.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Click Clock Wood for Banjo-Kazooie. I still remember how magical it seemed back when I was a kid, walking through the tunnel and towards CCW's entrance. The music and atmosphere almost felt sacred. :lol:

And then immediately walking towards the quiz show, and then on to the final boss fight. The entire game from CCW brings me so much nostalgia -- I love the atmosphere of all these areas so much.
Taylonic Ltd.

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Scrubber wrote:Gloomy galleon is THE WORST.

Agreed, Im also not a fan of crystal caves :P

Anyway in B-K it's Mad monster Mansion
In B-T it's Witchyworld
And in DK64 it's a tie for fungi forest and Creepy Castle.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 pm

I love games that incorporate a time shift so that you get to explore the differences between areas during different time periods, such as in Zelda Ocarina of Time, and the Lanayru Desert/Mining Facility part of Zelda Skywards Sword, which is why if I could only pick one level, Click Clock Wood would be my absolute favourite from Banjo-Kazooie. But I also love Rusty Bucket Bay and Mad Monster Mansion for all the little hidden rooms in the ship and house. And Treasure Trove Cove is so cheery that I can't help loving it (not to mention I will NEVER forget the way my sister screamed when she dived unsuspectingly into the water to grab that blue Jinjo only to be met by Snacker - she has had a phobia of sharks ever since :lol:). All of the levels of Banjo-Kazooie are so great that it's hard to pick just one.

In Banjo-Tooie my favourite is Witchyworld, because I love theme parks and creepy carnivals. Don't really have a runner up as the levels didn't seem to be as memorable as the Banjo-Kazooie ones. Maybe Grunty Industries, but those Tintups made it to frustrating because you couldn't explore rooms properly while running from them. Oh, I really liked the town part of Jolly Rodger's Lagoon too.

I didn't ever get that far into Donkey Kong 64, I really should go back and play it one day.

FailureFactory

Postby FailureFactory » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:14 pm

My favourites:
BK: Clanker's Cavern, Mad Monster Mansion
BT: Witchyworld, Grunty Industries
DK64: Frantic Factory

I love industrial and eery levels. Also Clanker is easily my favourite character from the games.

Return to “Past Glories”