Page 1 of 2

Guidelines

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:38 pm
by Jens
Hi Everyone,
As you've probably noticed these forums are brand new, we still have some tools laying around and the decorators are still busy putting up wallpaper in the lounge.

Please imagine that this post contains a list of sensible rules and guidelines. I know it doesn't, but we are currently researching this (or better, I asked somebody to research this), and we'll try to update this post ASAP. But as we're all grown up around here we should already know how to behave in public.

I just gave Andy and the rest of the Playtonic crew moderator permissions, and they'll be happy to rule this forum with an iron fist.

Cheers,
Jens

P.S.: AndyR is our official community guy. Please PM him directly if you need help or assistance. Contact me if there are technical problems.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 pm
by dotEXE
I like the updates already. And I mean, the forum is already 99% great in my opinion, especially since its a small community of people all excited for the game. Looking forward to further improvements!

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 pm
by Viellain
Hmmm aren't you going to need moderators that are not part of your team since you can't really have your team working on Project Ukulele and the Forum at the same time?

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:16 am
by Alph
Oh alright. I promise not to go around posting any naughty images of my naughty bits.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:36 am
by qwertyo76
Viellain wrote:Hmmm aren't you going to need moderators that are not part of your team since you can't really have your team working on Project Ukulele and the Forum at the same time?


I really don't think they're about to start giving random fans moderator permissions, smooth guy.

Anyway yeah happy to have the iron fists. DOOMKONG was humorous but getting a little bit out of control.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 am
by Viellain
qwertyo76 wrote:
Viellain wrote:Hmmm aren't you going to need moderators that are not part of your team since you can't really have your team working on Project Ukulele and the Forum at the same time?


I really don't think they're about to start giving random fans moderator permissions, smooth guy.

Anyway yeah happy to have the iron fists. DOOMKONG was humorous but getting a little bit out of control.

Well in one of their posts they said they were going to give community people moderatorship and we really want the team to do their best working on the game and not having to keep a constant look-out for trolls. I bet it's going to be about 2-3 weeks before they decide who they want to give moderatorship towards. And considering the current influx of trolls it is getting kinda annoying. Also there's this racist bigot above my post.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:48 am
by Tiger
Viellain wrote:Well in one of their posts they said they were going to give community people moderatorship and we really want the team to do their best working on the game and not having to keep a constant look-out for trolls. I bet it's going to be about 2-3 weeks before they decide who they want to give moderatorship towards. And considering the current influx of trolls it is getting kinda annoying. Also there's this racist bigot above my post.


Yeah, I agree. I'd rather they work on their game than worry about trolls on their forums. :(

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:41 am
by qwertyo76
Well yeah, I mean.... So do I, but.... Well, they're a game company. A rather unorthodox one, I'll give them that, but it just seems...weird that they would appoint fans to help run their own site. Not that I care, or am against it. Just feels awkward, I suppose. Though sometimes awkward can be good.

Yeah though, they have enough on their hands at the moment without moderating. From what I understand it is actually pretty time-consuming and they don't need any of that right now. Whereas devoted fans will jump at the opportunity, very few would actually be qualified for the job. And since we're all random anonymous internet people, it's hard to say who. :/

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:31 am
by Scraps69
Well I'm more then happy to moderate the site. I've had experience in moderating many forums and threads.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:06 am
by Viellain
Scraps69 wrote:Well I'm more then happy to moderate the site. I've had experience in moderating many forums and threads.

Rule #1 of becoming a moderator: NEVER ask to be a moderator directly unless stated otherwise or better yet PM them instead.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:10 am
by AJC0MICS
Well, could someone please delete the DOOMKONG threads?

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:03 am
by Lupo
AJC0MICS wrote:Well, could someone please delete the DOOMKONG threads?

I believe they have already been dealt with, or at least the more concerning ones were

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:16 am
by Xellos
Viellain wrote:
Scraps69 wrote:Well I'm more then happy to moderate the site. I've had experience in moderating many forums and threads.

Rule #1 of becoming a moderator: NEVER ask to be a moderator directly unless stated otherwise or better yet PM them instead.


Indeed, and there are a lot of people who have that same thought - but aren't asking for a place in the mod team. That is until one of the admins says so.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:50 am
by AJC0MICS
Lupo wrote:
AJC0MICS wrote:Well, could someone please delete the DOOMKONG threads?

I believe they have already been dealt with, or at least the more concerning ones were

I can still find 12 topics created by DOOMKONG. It's time to get rid of them!

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm
by Scraps69
Do you lads reckon bullying others into silence is really appropriate? If someone is keen, they should speak up in public that's how people get elected in 'the real world'. I put my hand up to show willingness but not obsessive eagerness, and I'm not going to be lectured by random strangers what I should 'ought' to have done in their opinion.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:20 pm
by Viellain
Scraps69 wrote:Do you lads reckon bullying others into silence is really appropriate? If someone is keen, they should speak up in public that's how people get elected in 'the real world'. I put my hand up to show willingness but not obsessive eagerness, and I'm not going to be lectured by random strangers what I should 'ought' to have done in their opinion.

Well when you do it in a public forum trying to get moderator it kinda seems immature to a lot and is mostly a private matter than it is a public one. Forum moderators aren't dictated by democracy rather you get appointed by Playtonic.

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:58 pm
by John
Scraps69 wrote:Do you lads reckon bullying others into silence is really appropriate? If someone is keen, they should speak up in public that's how people get elected in 'the real world'.


Haha I like your initiative. You've got my vote! :D

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:34 pm
by Potato Peeler
AJC0MICS wrote:
Lupo wrote:
AJC0MICS wrote:Well, could someone please delete the DOOMKONG threads?

I believe they have already been dealt with, or at least the more concerning ones were

I can still find 12 topics created by DOOMKONG. It's time to get rid of them!

You can add him as foe for now, and you will automatically ignore his posts. :)

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:48 pm
by AJC0MICS
Potato Peeler wrote:
AJC0MICS wrote:
Lupo wrote:I believe they have already been dealt with, or at least the more concerning ones were

I can still find 12 topics created by DOOMKONG. It's time to get rid of them!

You can add him as foe for now, and you will automatically ignore his posts. :)

Yes, I can ignore his posts, but not the topics created by him. :geek:

Re: Guidelines

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:34 pm
by Nightpaws
Once the forums are properly up and running, they'll probably add some of the plugins to address those shortfalls of the software, though once forum moderation is good to go and the rules are in place, these issues are likely to abate themselves, or be handled by Playtonic's team. ;)