- Respect your fellow community members by not creating threads or posts that intimidate, bully or insult other people. Online harassment and griefing such as trolling, flaming, thread assassination, quote hacking, browser bombing, and impersonation is also prohibited.
Trolling is deliberately posting provocative, negative or controversial messages to a thread or forum, with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument, or to make the troll the centre of attention. Trolls will quite often try to "bait" other forum members into breaking the rules or embarrassing themselves - don't be trollbait; don't feed the trolls!
- To keep things friendly, the use of swearing and vulgar language is not permitted on the Playtonic Forums; this includes attempts to sidestep the automatic profanity filters and the use of slang acronyms that contain swear words.
- Don't post anything that could be perceived as discriminatory, gross or offensive; such as racist, sexist, pornographic, profane, vulgar, derogatory, hateful, or threatening content and “shock” images or websites.
- Spamming and flooding are not permitted, although high forum use is fine as long as you are sensible. Please also avoid double-posting and creating duplicate threads.
- Do not post chain letters, solicitations, pyramid schemes and advertisements. If you wish to promote your own website, please restrict this to a discrete link in your forum signature rather than creating new topics just for the exposure.
- Do not post messages that support or condone any illegal activities, such as drug use, piracy, hacks etc.
- Do not post anything that could be considered libellous or defamatory.
- Do not post copyright material on the Forum, with the exception of material that Playtonic holds the copyright to. Basically, this means that posting wholesale from published books, magazines, game guides etc. is a no-no, as it could land you (and us) in it.
- For your own safety when online, NEVER give out personal details such as your postal address or phone number in the Forums, and keep other personally identifiable information private.
If you break the rules of conduct, either intentionally or by accident, we will either edit or remove your post. Persistent or excessive misconduct may result in a temporary or even permanent suspension of your ability to post. And because these Rules can’t cover everything, we also reserve the right to remove any content or suspend your account without prior notice and at our discretion.
Have fun, !
By popular demand we've divided the forum in to three sections: Project Ukulele, Past Glories and Community Discussion. The max avatar size limit has also been raised.
Please don't respond to obvious spam posts, just report them.
We added some items to the profanity filter. Please don't try to circumvent it, or to test out its limitations. Imagine that an angry green monster is responsible for updating it, that hates to look up the password for the administrator section.