Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie?

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.

Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie?

Banjo-Kazooie
40%
Banjo-Tooie
57%
Haven't played either
3%

Total votes: 58

mickeythelegend

Re: Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie?

Postby mickeythelegend » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Kazooie for me. Tooie was great but too big, complex beyond intuition too often and Mumbo's role was quite limited having reflected last year playing through it. Kazooie had less frustration i guess you could say. i loved both but I am with grant kirkhope. Too big really. Plus when they say about Banjo Threeie i thought by now i would have played and loved it :cry:
DK. Donkey Kong. DK. Donkey Kong is here. :D

bjaxx87

Postby bjaxx87 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 am

I don't know, I never felt at home in Tooie's levels as much as I did in Kazooie's. B-K was a lot more colorful and really inviting while Tooie had a grittier atmosphere. I also have to admit that I never finished Tooie... I restarted after Y-L was announced but for some reason I stopped playing after getting lost in Grunty Industries. I still enjoy B-T and I'm sure I will get back to it eventually but it's not like B-K which immediately sucks me in and won't let me go before I beat it.

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:19 am

honestly its funny how people say kazooie is better.. but tooie have more vote..

honestly i choose tooie because i am older.. and older i liked more banjo-tooie.. when younger banjo-kazooie..

mumbo control + giant level .. i liked a lot..

anyway i won't get mad, they were both good.

FailureFactory

Postby FailureFactory » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Banjo-Kazooie. The levels in Tooie were too big and a tad empty (to me), and there actually was one less of them. Also I was really disappointed that Gruntilda didn't rhyme anymore (nitpick, I know). And while it was great that Tooie had bosses for each level (the major advantage it has over the first game imo) the final battle was a real let-down. Have I really anticipated a fight with those three witches just to battle a tank?

My personal preferences also tend towards gloomy or sinister surroundings, which there were more of in the first game: Clanker's Cavern, Mad Monster Mansion and Rusty Bucket Bay opposed to Witchy World and Grunty Industries. Gruntilda's Lair also fit the bill better than Isle o' Hags. But yeah, here we're getting really subjective. It's interesting that bjaxx87 seems to have the opposite impression on this particular point (or not?).

Return to “Past Glories”