The fate of crocodile isle...

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
Pgcrooner

The fate of crocodile isle...

Postby Pgcrooner » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:15 am

So here is a question with spoilers from a 22 year old game.

Did K.rool and the Kremlings ever raise crocodile isle from the depths of the ocean?

Diddy and Dixie sank it at the true ending of DKC2, but there is some contention of the continuity of DKL2, some say that it is a sequel to DKC2, some say it is a stand alone title. If it is a sequel than that means that K.rool raised the island.

Then there is the appearance of DK64 (which I am currently playing as part of a collect-a-thon-a-thon in preparation for Yooka-Laylee).

Going by it's shape and comparing it to DK isle in DK64 it's size is consistant with that of the original crocodile isle repurposed into a mobile battle station.

What do you guys think?

Did the raise the island? Or did they simply build a new one?

Pgcrooner

Re: The fate of crocodile isle...

Postby Pgcrooner » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:21 pm

bwh80 wrote:I reckon they somehow raised the island. Because if they had rebuilt it, they would've made it even bigger and MORE baddass. (like with the second Death Star in Star Wars). ;)

That's what I'm thinking too. If you try looking up crocodile isle there is conflicting opinions on whether or not that is that is the case.

It would be interesting at the Kong family revisits crocodile Isle in a future installment Donkey Kong Country or who knows another 3D Donkey Kong game.

Return to “Past Glories”