have a confession

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
smashbro596

have a confession

Postby smashbro596 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:37 pm

I did NOT grow up with banjo-kazooie. i am 22 years old, i should have, right?
nope. my first exposure to old rare was back in 2003. in 3rd grade my best friend had an n64 with donkey kong 64. while yah, it isn't perfect, and in around 2010, i played through banjo kazooie 1 and 2. and yeah... was instantly a fan. then i got to play games like dkc2, diddy kong racing, goldeneye. yeah... i'm a fan of old rare NOW. and i'm just as nostalgic for old rare as the rest. i just didnt grow up with banjo-kazooie :p

games like dk64, banjo kazooie, saints row, and gta and the like are why i love the open world genre. yeah, i consider dk64 and banjo kazooie to be contributers to the genre.

Taylor

Re: have a confession

Postby Taylor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Great to see you picking the games up a bit later and still enjoying them -- they really are timeless!
Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:03 pm

Better late than never! Hope you enjoyed the games just all the same ;)
Stop picking your nose Image

smashbro596

Postby smashbro596 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:05 pm

oh, totally! I have banjo tooie sitting around in an n64 my ex gave me a few years back X,D

ZeroJanitor

Postby ZeroJanitor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:07 am

i'm in the same boat tbh. i had a couple rare games like diddy kong racing and dkc2 (the diddy kong games basically), but i never played banjo-kazooie until i was 20.

but i felt like a kid playing it. the game had such a rich atmosphere that reminded me a lot of other n64 games i loved as a kid so it was very nostalgic while being a totally new experience for me.

Gorjo

Postby Gorjo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:58 am

As already said, these games make one feel like a kid and enjoying them later in life shows they are timeless. I'm looking forward to playing YL since if I love it then it can't be said I'm blinded by nostalgia or anything.

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:01 am

I also have a confession. ;)
I got birth around the time of Banjo-Tooie coming out. Which means I'm probably quite a bit younger than some of you. (I'm 16)
Luckily, they had an N64 at my school. So when I was about 6-9 years old, I played Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie an the N64 while waiting for my parents to pick me up on the way home from work. That meant around 3 hours of playtime each day!
They later scrapped the N64 for a Wii, which made me buy the games and console for myself.

So I guess that Banjo was a part of my childhood, just not at the same time as all of you. :)
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:
https://www.youtube.com/user/rasmusbek

Return to “Past Glories”