NEW BANJO GAME AT E3???

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
Scrubber

NEW BANJO GAME AT E3???

Postby Scrubber » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:33 am

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/06/03 ... -revealed/

This is very interesting indeed. Obviously every single year a rumour comes along leading us all into false hope and ultimately disappointed but this years seems like pretty solid evidence. What do you think?

ShanPen

Re: NEW BANJO GAME AT E3???

Postby ShanPen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:55 am

Interesting! :o

I really hope it’s actually, finally happening!

(And if it is, please let it be on all platforms, not just Xbox!).

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 am

Every year my hopes are so high just before E3 (due to rumors), just to be crushed again... :cry:

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:02 am

Piet wrote:Every year my hopes are so high just before E3 (due to rumors), just to be crushed again... :cry:

I know, but as the saying goes, “hope springs eternal” so it’s hard not to always think “surely there’ll be something THIS year!”.

I got too carried away with my last post and was writing it as if I expected a Banjo-Kazooie 3, but since I’ve had time to think about it, I don’t think I should expect so much (or I’ll just be disappointed again).

I think it’s more realistic (especially given the links Scrubber posted) that if there’s anything, it’ll be Banjo for Smash. Which is not a game I have any interest in personally, but at least it would be good to see them doing something with the characters after all these years. And if they’re in Smash as a main fighter, that should mean we’ll get a nice amiibo figure of the duo which I’d be happy about!

Or maybe it’s a HD remake of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, which I’d be really happy with.
But I’m sure what we’re all hoping for the most is a proper Banjo-Kazooie 3!

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 am

ShanPen wrote:
Piet wrote:Every year my hopes are so high just before E3 (due to rumors), just to be crushed again... :cry:

I know, but as the saying goes, “hope springs eternal” so it’s hard not to always think “surely there’ll be something THIS year!”.

I got too carried away with my last post and was writing it as if I expected a Banjo-Kazooie 3, but since I’ve had time to think about it, I don’t think I should expect so much (or I’ll just be disappointed again).

I think it’s more realistic (especially given the links Scrubber posted) that if there’s anything, it’ll be Banjo for Smash. Which is not a game I have any interest in personally, but at least it would be good to see them doing something with the characters after all these years. And if they’re in Smash as a main fighter, that should mean we’ll get a nice amiibo figure of the duo which I’d be happy about!

Or maybe it’s a HD remake of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, which I’d be really happy with.
But I’m sure what we’re all hoping for the most is a proper Banjo-Kazooie 3!

I was thinking: The honeycomb pattern in the Team17 image could also refer to BK...
PTG & Team17 teaming up with Rare to create a (new) Banjo game...
Last edited by Piet on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Piet wrote:I was thinking: The honeycomb pattern in the Team17 image could als refer to BK...

I did briefly think that too, but very quickly shoved that thought aside before I got too hyped about it, which would make no Banjo news at E3 this year even more disappointing than normal.

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Hmmm.....

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:33 pm

personal opinion.

if they juste make a ''HD '' version of banjo-kazooie or tooie , i will be mad.. i don't care to get a HD , the game is perfect as it is..

i want a banjo 3 nothing less..

BUT every year we heard rumor and its always false.. so i won't even believe it before i see it .. tired to be mad for false rumor.

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:24 pm

bigfanofoldrare wrote:personal opinion.

if they juste make a ''HD '' version of banjo-kazooie or tooie , i will be mad.. i don't care to get a HD , the game is perfect as it is..

i want a banjo 3 nothing less..

BUT every year we heard rumor and its always false.. so i won't even believe it before i see it .. tired to be mad for false rumor.

We already got HD remasters of BK & BT on the X360 and these are also available on Rare Replay.

If they completely remake BK & BT with new graphics, etc. + additional content... I’m 100% on board! :D

But for me also goes: First see, then believe.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Piet wrote:I was thinking: The honeycomb pattern in the Team17 image could also refer to BK...

Holy sheet, I didnt even think of this!!!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:08 pm

A dude on another forum came up with an ideal situation which I loved the sound of.

Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie Remaster released as a package like Crash & Spiro.
Then a couple years after this it could pave the way for Banjo-Threeie. Following the timeline of and using the same engine as the remasters.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:37 am

bigfanofoldrare wrote:if they juste make a ''HD '' version of banjo-kazooie or tooie , i will be mad.. i don't care to get a HD , the game is perfect as it is..

I agree the game is perfect as is, but my interest in a HD remake would be purely that I’d be able to play it on my Nintendo Switch.

Scrubber wrote:Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie Remaster released as a package like Crash & Spiro.
Then a couple years after this it could pave the way for Banjo-Threeie. Following the timeline of and using the same engine as the remasters.

That would be the best outcome I think (new game plus the old games available for new consoles), and I think the studios use the HD remakes as a safe way to gauge the reaction of whether younger gamers will like the old characters/style of games, to see if it’s worth them making a new game in the series. It’s a safe move for them because so many of the old fans will buy the game anyway, so they won’t at least lose money on it. It’s similar to how Hollywood just keeps remaking older stories that they knew were popular, or will make a heap of sequels to a film that was successful, because it’s a safe way for them to make money without having to risk much.

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:32 am

Scrubber wrote:
Piet wrote:I was thinking: The honeycomb pattern in the Team17 image could also refer to BK...

And Sunday is still 'this week', sooo... :o

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 am

Scrubber wrote:

But this post from Daley on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Daley_Kong/status/1135930208865923072 makes it sound like Playtonic aren’t working on a Banjo-Kazooie game.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:47 am

ShanPen wrote:
Scrubber wrote:

But this post from Daley on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Daley_Kong/status/1135930208865923072 makes it sound like Playtonic aren’t working on a Banjo-Kazooie game.

:roll: why is she calling the company dicks when they are only teasing their own product. The internet said there may be a new game, not them.

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Scrubber wrote:
ShanPen wrote:
Scrubber wrote:Holy sheet, I didnt even think of this!!!

:roll: why is she calling the company dicks when they are only teasing their own product. The internet said there may be a new game, not them.

Here reasoning is pretty solid tho.

In other news: PTG will announce a new game tomorrow:
https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/1136618814873964549
(Capital B seems to be important..!)

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:20 pm

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:50 pm

wow this video convaince me.. wow its not impossible..

and in same time playtnoic say tomorrow we will have a new..

what a great time :)

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Rare should really announce "no new Banjo this year" two weeks in advance to every E3. I always build up sub conscious excitement and always end up unhappy about Microsoft's E3 presentation as a consequence. Looking like this year is no different.

Return to “Past Glories”