RUMOUR: Disney want to make BANJO-KAZOOIE movie!

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
Scrubber

RUMOUR: Disney want to make BANJO-KAZOOIE movie!

Postby Scrubber » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:42 am

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07/wo ... microsoft/

Obviously this is only at the rumour stage but what are your thoughts on this?

I think those characters should NEVER have human voices and a film with mumbles and sound effects all the way through wouldn't work. It could do wonders for the series making it very popular but it most definitely could kill the series as we know it and turn it into something terrible.
Last edited by Scrubber on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chrysalis_Blossom

Re: RUMOUR: Disney want to make BANJO-KAZOOIE movie!

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:58 am

But it would make Banjo very popular around the world!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:05 am

Chrysalis_Blossom wrote:But it would make Banjo very popular around the world!

Which would be very good for Microsoft but terrible for us hardcore fans. Video games based on movies are usually terrible and very generic.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:57 am

No. God no. I can't imagine any way that it wouldn't be terrible, and it removes one of the things that made BK so enjoyable - the gameplay. All the parts of Banjo Kazooie were great, but the cohesive whole is what made it absolutely legendary.
Make the forum great again.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:16 pm

I don't believe this and I agree that giving them voices would probably feel weird, potentially ruining the characters. With that said, Tom And Jerry: The Movie gave the duo voices and they're still popular today. Perhaps Banjo and Kazooie could enter a new world in which they discover they can speak, but then return to Spiral Mountain at the end of the film to lose their voices once again. Alternatively, mumbles might work; Wall-E didn't do too bad.

I categorically don't believe this rumour, but a part of me wants it to be true. Despite my suspicions that Banjo-Threeie will be announced this year, I've almost completely lost my faith in the series. The first two games are amazing; however, I'm unsure Rare will be able to top it without the Playtonic team. I'm more excited for Project Ukulele.

So make the film. If Banjo-Threeie isn't in the works, the film would almost certainly be the next best thing and the best chance at finally getting a new game. I also think the film might be pretty interesting...
Taylonic Ltd.

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Well, I think Banjo-Kazooie would be actually a very good choice for a movie. It has a very wide cast of interesting and unique characters, many different regions and a kind of continuous story, so, as long as the studio was able to take advantage of all these assets and made an interesting new story for those characters, it'd be pretty cool. However, as much as I think a Banjo-Kazooie movie could work, I just can't see it happening with the state the franchise is in at the moment. It first needs a new good game before it goes into movie territory, and if the movie followed up from Nuts & Bolts, that'd be even worse D:

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Taylor wrote:Perhaps Banjo and Kazooie could enter a new world in which they discover they can speak, but then return to Spiral Mountain at the end of the film to lose their voices again.

This is an idea I could get behind. As long as they respect their origins and return to how they should be at the end. Like Nuts and Bolts totally recognized Banjos past and even agreed to get their original moves back at the end of the game. If in the movie they START as they should be then somehow travel to a place that they can suddenly speak then at the end they return to their world of mumbles and squarks then I'd be ok with that.

But knowing our luck it would be a reboot where they've always been able to speak and don't recognize their origins.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:37 pm

What would the plot even be? Pair collects items? It's super fun for a game, horrible concept for a movie.
Make the forum great again.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:48 pm

dotEXE wrote:What would the plot even be? Pair collects items? It's super fun for a game, horrible concept for a movie.

The pair have mega chemistry and they're very funny. They would make great movie characters, the supporting cast im unsure about though i dont think mumbo or bottles would make good movie characters and jinjos definitely wouldn't.

Luma Party

Postby Luma Party » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:18 pm

I still think it's just a rumour, nothing true.
Although, they said the Wreck-it-Ralph crew would work on it, and that movie was good.
I would watch it though, as long as there was no Lord of Games.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:47 pm

I liked wreck it Ralph.

And of course I would watch a movie with my two favorite game protagonists, I would just hope it doesn't disgust me.

GildasMagnus

Postby GildasMagnus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Whilst I think this would likely be a good thing for the series, perhaps bringing it back from the brink, it's too tricky to implement something like this AND please the fanbase. Voices would never do the pair (and Grunty let's not forget) real justice, if they didn't have voices but had subtitles it'd be boring, and there's not enough action in the games to warrant a feature-length film from it. Whatever happens happens and I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'd hold little hope if it IS true.
Came to save my sister, stayed for the quiz show.

GlooptheFish

Postby GlooptheFish » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Scrubber wrote:http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07/wondercon-rumour-disney-interested-in-making-animated-banjo-kazooie-film-with-microsoft/

Obviously this is only at the rumour stage but what are your thoughts on this?

I think those characters should NEVER have human voices and a film with mumbles and sound effects all the way through wouldn't work. It could do wonders for the series making it very popular but it most definitely could kill the series as we know it and turn it into something terrible.

In Banjo's first game he was voiced... Diddy Kong Racing for the N64... I don't think voicing Banjo would be all that bad and I would love to see this movie! I think it is more important that the ex-rare team focuses on a new game first though.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Luma Party

Postby Luma Party » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Guys that's a parody, don't listen to him.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Luma Party wrote:Guys that's a parody, don't listen to him.

REALLY :roll:

Waverunner

Postby Waverunner » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:09 pm

If this is true, I would be extremely surprised. I love Banjo, but I don't think he currently has the significance to justify a movie. That is, unless Microsoft is working closely with Disney, and exchanging information we don't currently know about.

I'd be less surprised, but still very happy, if it turns out that Banjo is just making a cameo in Wreck It Ralph 2. A lot of care went into making the cameos authentic in the first one, so I would love to see Banjo and Kazooie on the big screen in that way as well.

Return to “Past Glories”