Smosh is a big fan of B&K + How do we spread the word?

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
RikuKH

Smosh is a big fan of B&K + How do we spread the word?

Postby RikuKH » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Especially Anthony, which is why they have so much Nintendo content also, which makes their channels so, SO much better. And I know a lot of people don't like them because of their overly simple humor (which youtube basically consists of), but I'd love to see Playtonic contact Smosh and spread the word of Project Ukulele through them. The better the Kickstarter does, the bigger the game will be. I personally want to see a 3DS port (even if trimmed down [as long as it runs smooth]), and they are even considering that idea!

E: I also thought this would be a good topic to discuss how we actually spread the word about the game.

Exaskryz

Re: Smosh is a big fan of B&K + How do we spread the word?

Postby Exaskryz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:56 pm

I would not want any official sponsorship of this game through Smosh.

I kind of feel that Smosh's crude humor that appeals directly and explicitly to the 13 to 15 year old male demographic who are trying to rebel against their parents by jamming into their dialogue as many swear words as they can should not be endorsed by Playtonic for a game that will be spiritually succeeding Banjo Kazooie. If we were talking about a Conker successor though, I wouldn't have a problem.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:45 am

Never heard of him.

As much as I want this game to be great, getting the creators to contact internet celebs can be a double edged sword.

I 100% agree with spreading the word. Just...not like that.

RikuKH

Postby RikuKH » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=untLD6z6aqI

You guys should just watch that video. And there's literally nothing negative that came out of it.

Oh, and I've also mentioned a couple times somewhere, that JonTron NEEDS to make video of Playtonic/Project Ukulele, for example, of him playing the alpha/beta -build/demo.

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:33 pm

RikuKH wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=untLD6z6aqI

You guys should just watch that video. And there's literally nothing negative that came out of it.

Oh, and I've also mentioned a couple times somewhere, that JonTron NEEDS to make video of Playtonic/Project Ukulele, for example, of him playing the alpha/beta -build/demo.

If that's a Smosh video... I probably won't. Every Smosh video I've seen someone watch has just been so outside of my taste.... I opened it in a new tab and looked at the HOLY CRAP THIS IS A TITLE OF CAPS and figured, yeah, it's Smosh, I won't watch it.

I never heard of JonTron when I got every other video game, including Banjo Kazooie. I don't think he NEEDS to do anything to benefit Playtonic; he can indeed benefit himself if he plays the game earlier than other people and uploads that to the internet. But, I would hate for anyone to release gameplay videos, unless it's a public early release (which I really don't want either) or if it is on an official Playtonic channel which any ad revenue goes to the Playtonic business as income for future project development.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 am

Exaskryz wrote:
RikuKH wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=untLD6z6aqI

If that's a Smosh video... I probably won't. Every Smosh video I've seen someone watch has just been so outside of my taste.... I opened it in a new tab and looked at the HOLY CRAP THIS IS A TITLE OF CAPS and figured, yeah, it's Smosh, I won't watch it.

I never heard of JonTron when I got every other video game, including Banjo Kazooie. I don't think he NEEDS to do anything to benefit Playtonic; he can indeed benefit himself if he plays the game earlier than other people and uploads that to the internet. But, I would hate for anyone to release gameplay videos, unless it's a public early release (which I really don't want either) or if it is on an official Playtonic channel which any ad revenue goes to the Playtonic business as income for future project development.

JonTron is a huge Rareware fan, which shines through quite a lot of his videos (his Nuts&Bolts-rant has more than 5 million views & is the second most popular video in his channel). Since he drew many Rareware fans with this, it would make totally sense for him to make his nearly 2 million subscribers aware of Project Ukulele. Not everyone reads Nintendo or gaming news everyday, after all.
Last edited by Rueckkoppler on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waverunner

Postby Waverunner » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:39 pm

I'd be for both officially endorsing the game. I'm not a fan of Smosh, but a fan of JonTron. Even if you aren't a fan of either, you have to admit their influence can bring nothing but good things. Even if Smosh only appeals to a younger demographic, would it be so bad if that demographic started getting more into 3D platformers and similar retro styled games. If Smosh is truly a fan of those types of games, than I say the positives outweigh the negatives (and be honest, the negatives mainly involve annoying kids on Miiverse).

I can speak more for JonTron, and support his support 100%. I'd say his humor fits more of the surreal Banjo-Kazooie style, and it's obvious he has a huge love for the company. I can guarantee nothing but good can come from him.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:46 pm

No. We need to make sure as few people learn about the game as possible. We can't let Ukelele get funded or- *gasp*- meet its stretch goals! If we let 15 year old peons touch the same game we fine gentlemen do it'll be at least twice as bad.

Unlike the other members who said the same thing I just did, I was being sarcastic.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

John

Postby John » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Damn it I want Jontron, Smosh, and even Boogie2988 commenting on it. They have a large influence and can really help make it into a movement.

This is a shining example of how games should be made. No DLC, no whale-hunting, no deadlines, no micromanaging supervisors. Playtonic is filled with passionate people who stated that they will make this game no matter what amount of funding they get.
Rarewareusedtobegood

RikuKH

Postby RikuKH » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:01 pm

GrayMagicΓ wrote:No. We need to make sure as few people learn about the game as possible. We can't let Ukelele get funded or- *gasp*- meet its stretch goals! If we let 15 year old peons touch the same game we fine gentlemen do it'll be at least twice as bad.

Unlike the other members who said the same thing I just did, I was being sarcastic.

Yeah, but... that's kinda insulting, so it's just as bad........ just saying. (we don't need to continue this discussion just focus on the topic........)

As unbelievable as it sounds, Smosh's Anthony is quite passionate about Nintendo (including Banjo & Kazooie). Almost like JonTron, just not nearly as hardcore (but you can be casually passionate, too). And that's exactly why these guys would be able to create great YT content of this game.

karashata

Postby karashata » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:34 pm

I honestly think Platonic doesn't need to go out of their way to get anyone specific to cover the game or its Kickstarter campaign, I imagine anyone who's that excited for it/interested in it will cover it without having to be asked and will drum up support for it from their followers without hesitation.

GameFreak

Postby GameFreak » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:50 am

Oh god no. Please no. Anyone but Smosh.

Actually I feel fans are best in spreading the word.

RikuKH

Postby RikuKH » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:43 am

GameFreak wrote:Oh god no. Please no. Anyone but Smosh.

Actually I feel fans are best in spreading the word.

RikuKH wrote: Smosh is a big fan of B&K

Hehe...

Return to “Community Discussion”