Just a thought, invoked by one of the comments on the kickstarter page (nostalgia)

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Piet

Re: Just a thought, invoked by one of the comments on the kickstarter page (nostalgia)

Postby Piet » Tue May 12, 2015 7:52 pm

dotEXE wrote:No, the green circle is hitting the same place. It's a different picture from a different angle though to better show the Start Pad, the honeycomb log, and the facing direction. The line actually points further away from left now, representing the accurate spawn location by connecting three points to form a line. I mean it's definitely a little left. It's not 180 degrees south. But it's more behind than left. The Croctus two seconds in is what I would describe as left.

You are right, It's behind Banjo (not precisely, but still..) and nothing else.
Last edited by Piet on Tue May 12, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dotEXE

Re: Just a thought, invoked by one of the comments on the kickstarter page (nostalgia)

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:53 pm

I like how we have an entire page dedicated to something that just really doesn't matter at the end of the day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Make the forum great again.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:55 pm

dotEXE wrote:I like how we have an entire page dedicated to something that just really doesn't matter at the end of the day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the end of the day everything we talk about doesn't really matter; regardless of whether we unanimously decide to keep Yooka naked or argue over if DLC is ethical or eeevil, we're not going to change how the game's designed.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue May 12, 2015 8:03 pm

On topic:
I recently replayed all Banjo games on my X360 (and GBA emu) and I can still say:
These are some of the best games I ever played (my favorite genre is '3D-Platformer-Collectathon', hense my opinion) and I really can't wait for Yooka-Laylee to be released! (L)

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Piet wrote:On topic:
I recently replayed all Banjo games on my X360 (and GBA emu) and I can still say:
These are some of the best games I ever played (my favorite genre is '3D-Platformer-Collectathon', hense my opinion) and I really can't wait for Yooka-Laylee to be released! (L)

Agree! I replayed both again last week and they're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good still. I've recently also gotten REALLY into watching Banjo-Tooie 100% speedruns. Crazy stuff.

Edit: POST #666
Last edited by dotEXE on Fri May 15, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make the forum great again.

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue May 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Hmm, maybe I can try that too.. :)

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Tue May 12, 2015 10:41 pm

You guys... XD

Somewhat on topic, who has played Banjo Pilot and Grunty's Revenge? I never did. Worth it?

Rueckkoppler wrote:Well, I'm currently replaying Banjo-Kazooie and having a blast. Okay, I play it on an emulator to use this beautiful texture pack

Holy moly that is beautiful. O_O

And holy moly Mumbo is ten million times freakier than before. O_O;

Well, I just beat BK a few weeks ago, but looks like I'm going to have to play it again... :lol: I must day, though, even WITHOUT the texture pack it's held up fantastically on its own. It's aged well in my book.
you kuh lady

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Nanirourou wrote:You guys... XD

Somewhat on topic, who has played Banjo Pilot and Grunty's Revenge? I never did. Worth it?

It's the best handheld game for a Nintendo console before the DS not developed by Capcom- that's not really saying much considering the competition, but it definitely isn't "bad".
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Bonkard

Postby Bonkard » Tue May 12, 2015 11:37 pm

Considering the number of times I've replayed both Banjo and Tooie for the game design alone, no. I wouldn't say it was only out of nostalgia. In fact I'd say a lot of games today are lacking in many ways, and are more prone to tedium and unoriginality. No beloved genre should ever die off for fear of trying, and nostalgia is a valid means of enjoyment either way.

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed May 13, 2015 7:15 am

Nanirourou wrote:You guys... XD

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge is a really cool game and also pretty good!
If you are a real Banjo fan, I recommend you to play it! :)

As for Banjo-Pilot.. Just.. Skip it...

Preston

Postby Preston » Thu May 14, 2015 12:09 am

Gray you should like post more on why banjo kazooie is an amazing game, was really interesting just about the doors.

Return to “Community Discussion”