日本語の練習 - Japanese Language Chat

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Taylor

日本語の練習 - Japanese Language Chat

Postby Taylor » Sun May 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Is anybody else learning Japanese on these forums? I'm having some difficulty finding someone to practice with, so if anybody wants to talk in Japanese, this is the thread to do it in.

私は日本語があまり上手ではありませんが、毎日勉強したいです。9月に大学に入ります。大学へ日本語を勉強しに行きます。。。

ここに日本語がわかる人がいますかな。。。
Taylonic Ltd.

GrayMagicΓ

Re: 日本語の練習 - Japanese Language Chat

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Mon May 18, 2015 1:33 am

私は日本語を話すことができないので、私はGoogleがこれを書くために翻訳しました。
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

iggy

Postby iggy » Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 pm

やった :D

But seriously, I don't know Japanese, though I'd love to learn some. Any tips for beginners?

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon May 18, 2015 8:33 pm

GrayMagicΓ wrote:私は日本語を話すことができないので、私はGoogleがこれを書くために翻訳しました。

ありがとう。でも、それをしなくてもいいですよ!私はGoogleと話したくないです。(笑) :lol:

iggy wrote:やった :D

But seriously, I don't know Japanese, though I'd love to learn some. Any tips for beginners?

Before you do anything, research the language. Know that there are three 'alphabets'; hiragana, katakana and kanji. Hiragana and katakana is entirely phonetic and will take a couple of weeks to master, but there are over 2000 kanji you need to learn just to read a newspaper, and each kanji has at least two different pronunciations...

But don't get disheartened. Don't look at the task ahead; focus on learning a little at a time and take pride in small achievements. Speaking Japanese is a lot easier than reading and writing (with kanji).

Buy beginner text books and work your way through them. I use the "90 Days of Japanese Language" series alongside the supplementary English translation book. I'm also using "A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar".

There are also many online resources that you can access for free. Tae Kim is a popular one that I've used in the past, but I much prefer using my text books. A quick search for "basic Japanese grammar" will bring you lots of useful results. YouTube is also full of lessons and the visual/audio medium is great.

It'd also be a good idea to 'immerse' yourself in the language as much as possible. Listen to Japanese music, watch Japanese programs and make Japanese friends. Make sure you focus on every syllable when you're listening, or else you won't absorb any of it. For example, reading English subtitles often makes it impossible to focus on the Japanese being spoken.

Never give up and force yourself to practice every single day. Even if you feel lost and in a rut -- force yourself to study something. You will undoubtedly improve as time goes on.

Ganbatte kudasai!
がんばってください!
(Try your best)
Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 pm

A friend of mine is currently studying Japanese, thanks to him I'm totaly hooked on Japanese Drama.

It a begun with 'Liar game'

Would you like to practise with someone? I could perhaps try to hook you two up.
Stop picking your nose Image

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Thu May 21, 2015 5:08 am

私も日本語を勉強するが、もっと単語を習わなければなりません :lol: でも、話が簡単だったら大丈夫だと思います。

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri May 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Unexpected wrote:私も日本語を勉強するが、もっと単語を習わなければなりません :lol: でも、話が簡単だったら大丈夫だと思います。

遅い返事、すみません!ちょっと忙しかったです。へえ、私は日本人の友達がいませんから、今話すことの練習ができません。ですから、まだ話すことがなかなかできません。読むこともあまり簡単ではありませんが、「リカイクン」を使っています。「リカイクン」は漢字を読むことでとても便利なツールですよ。どうぞ、使ってみてください。私は単語を二千ぐらいわかります。もっと単語を勉強して、練習したいです。でも、文法は一番大切だと思います。

とにかくあなたは何を話したいですか。ユーカとレイリー?トカゲとコウモリ。。。さあ、変ですね。でも、好きなげーむです! :)

私の日本語はわかりますか。 :?:
Taylonic Ltd.

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Sat May 23, 2015 2:39 am

I don't want to disturb any conversation you guys have at the moment, but I was just wondering, for those who know Japanese, what is your level, for how long are you studying Japanese, and how (by yourself, university, etc...)?

I'm curious :)

ありがとうございます!

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Sat May 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Taylor wrote:
Unexpected wrote:私も日本語を勉強するが、もっと単語を習わなければなりません :lol: でも、話が簡単だったら大丈夫だと思います。

遅い返事、すみません!ちょっと忙しかったです。へえ、私は日本人の友達がいませんから、今話すことの練習ができません。ですから、まだ話すことがなかなかできません。読むこともあまり簡単ではありませんが、「リカイクン」を使っています。「リカイクン」は漢字を読むことでとても便利なツールですよ。どうぞ、使ってみてください。私は単語を二千ぐらいわかります。もっと単語を勉強して、練習したいです。でも、文法は一番大切だと思います。

とにかくあなたは何を話したいですか。ユーカとレイリー?トカゲとコウモリ。。。さあ、変ですね。でも、好きなげーむです! :)

私の日本語はわかりますか。 :?:

はい、全部分かります :D

へぇ?「リカイクン」って?奇遇ですね!僕もそのツールを使う。本当にとても便利だと思います!スカイプ版もあったら嬉しい・・・

あなたは単語が二千ぐらい分かると言ったが、どうそれを数えたのかな?分かっている漢字の方が分かっている単語より数えることが易しいし。

はい、ユーカレーリーのキャラクターは独自ですね。もちろんゲームがとても楽しいから楽しみですよ!でも、発売までまだ長い時がありますね。

Lufkin wrote:I don't want to disturb any conversation you guys have at the moment, but I was just wondering, for those who know Japanese, what is your level, for how long are you studying Japanese, and how (by yourself, university, etc...)?

I'm curious :)

ありがとうございます!

Well, I've been studying it ever since 2012 at a place that I've honestly never known the name in English xD It's not school or university, it's kind of its own place, dedicately solely to teaching Japanese. What do you call something like this in English? I used to call it a "course", but I've been told "course" is a word used only for the subject you study itself, not the physical place where you study... Oh, but half of my kanji studies were by myself. It made things a LOT easier for when I started studying kanji with the rest of my class!

And my level is intermediary. I think I have a good grasp of the most important grammatic aspects, but I really need to learn more vocabulary xD
Last edited by Unexpected on Sun May 24, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Sat May 23, 2015 4:13 pm

Unexpected wrote:
Well, I've been studying it ever since 2012 at a place that I've honestly never known the name in English xD It's not school or university, it's kind of its own place, dedicately solely to teaching Japanese. What do you call something like this in English? I used to call it a "course", but I've been told "course" is a word used only for the subject you study itself, not the physical place where you study... Oh, but half of my kanji studies were by myself. It made things a LOT easier for when I started studying kanji with the rest of my class!

And my level is intermediary. I think I have a good grasp of the most important grammatic aspects, but I really need to learn more vocabulary xD

Interesting! Is it directly in Japan? I know there's Japanese schools for foreigners like Go! Go! Nihon : http://gogonihon.com/en/learn-japanese-study-in-japan. I don't know any Japanese-only schools where I live... I would like to find something like that though!

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Sun May 24, 2015 12:19 am

Lufkin wrote:Interesting! Is it directly in Japan? I know there's Japanese schools for foreigners like Go! Go! Nihon : http://gogonihon.com/en/learn-japanese-study-in-japan. I don't know any Japanese-only schools where I live... I would like to find something like that though!

Nah, I don't live in Japan xD It's just a Japanese school in my city. It's a shame how they can be rare in some places, but if you're really serious about wanting to learn Japanese and there aren't any schools, there are some nice sites to get started. I've never used any of them, but I have a friend who's used Tae Kim's guide and recommended it. It's also been mentioned in this thread before :)

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun May 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Unexpected wrote:はい、全部分かります :D

へぇ?「リカイクン」って?奇遇ですね!僕もそのツールを使う。本当にとても便利だと思います!スカイプ版もあったら嬉しい・・・

あなたは単語が二千ぐらい分かると言ったが、どうそれを数えたのかな?分かっている漢字の方が分かっている単語より数えることが易しいし。

はい、ユーカレーリーのキャラクターは独自ですね。もちろんゲームがとても楽しいから楽しみですよ!でも、発売までまだ長い時がありますね。

あなたはもう使っています?小さい世界ですね!(笑) :lol:

さあ、単語の発音が二千ぐらいが分かると思いますが、漢字を読むことがなかなか覚えません。文法もあまり上手ではない。あなたの日本語は僕のよりたぶん上手でしょう。。。

ユーカレイリーと、どのキャラクターが一番好きですか。レイリーは小さくて可愛くて、そして、おかしいですから、僕はレイリーが一番好きです。でも、ユーカも好きですよ。
Taylonic Ltd.

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Mon May 25, 2015 9:43 pm

Taylor wrote:あなたはもう使っています?小さい世界ですね!(笑) :lol:

さあ、単語の発音が二千ぐらいが分かると思いますが、漢字を読むことがなかなか覚えません。文法もあまり上手ではない。あなたの日本語は僕のよりたぶん上手でしょう。。。

ユーカレイリーと、どのキャラクターが一番好きですか。レイリーは小さくて可愛くて、そして、おかしいですから、僕はレイリーが一番好きです。でも、ユーカも好きですよ。

でも、心配しないで。僕も日本語があまり上手じゃない、まだよく勉強しなれけばなりません。  :lol:

二匹のキャラクターはとても面白い!でも、ユーカの方が好きです。なぜと言えば分からないが、ユーカの方が可愛いと思うし。でも、レイリーも可愛いです!鼻が大きいですけど。 :lol:

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Tue May 26, 2015 7:00 am

Unexpected wrote:でも、心配しないで。僕も日本語があまり上手じゃない、まだよく勉強しなれけばなりません。  :lol:

二匹のキャラクターはとても面白い!でも、ユーカの方が好きです。なぜと言えば分からないが、ユーカの方が可愛いと思うし。でも、レイリーも可愛いです!鼻が大きいですけど。 :lol:

そうですか。 :lol: レイリーは鼻が大きいですが、大丈夫だと思います。覚えることが簡単ですから、変な鼻がいいですよ。キャラクターのデザインは大切ですね。。。

トラウザー(ズボン? :lol: )も変なデザインですね。でも、僕は大好きです!えっと。。。そのデザインが大好きですよ。。。「ズボンの蛇」が大好きではない!! :shock: :lol:さあ、ちょっと大好きです。 困ったなあ、今新しいキャラクターを見たいです! 
Taylonic Ltd.

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Tue May 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Taylor wrote:
そうですか。 :lol: レイリーは鼻が大きいですが、大丈夫だと思います。覚えることが簡単ですから、変な鼻がいいですよ。キャラクターのデザインは大切ですね。。。

トラウザー(ズボン? :lol: )も変なデザインですね。でも、僕は大好きです!えっと。。。そのデザインが大好きですよ。。。「ズボンの蛇」が大好きではない!! :shock: :lol:さあ、ちょっと大好きです。 困ったなあ、今新しいキャラクターを見たいです! 

僕もレイリーの大きい鼻が好きです!なぜ他の人があれが嫌いか分かりません。 :lol: とにかく、十人十色。

日本語で「ズボンの蛇」という表現があるかな・・・ :lol: 自分の母語のポルトガル語でそんな表現を聞いたこと覚えてないし。そんな冗談を翻訳することが難しいですね。とにかく僕ももっとキャラクターを見たいです。悪役はだれですかな・・・バンジョーカズイのように魔女ですかな。

Cute_Spide

Postby Cute_Spide » Tue May 26, 2015 5:59 pm

I'm learning Japanese in college as my first major, but my Japanese keyboard on my laptop stopped working one day and I haven't been able to get it working v.v Are you using the Genki textbooks?

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Wed May 27, 2015 1:19 am

Cute_Spide wrote:I'm learning Japanese in college as my first major, but my Japanese keyboard on my laptop stopped working one day and I haven't been able to get it working v.v Are you using the Genki textbooks?

It stopped working? Weird... I wish I knew what the problem could be D: The Japanese keyboard should be working as long as you choose Japanese as one of the keyboards in the language options on Windows. I think you need to have IME installed too, but that should have come with the computer. Maybe something happened and IME stopped working for you? Maybe you could try reinstalling it.

And I haven't heard of the Genki textbooks. The ones I use are made by my own Japanese school, they're meant for Brazilian students of Japanese. I've heard of a series of books called Minna no Nihongo, but I remember my friend who speaks Japanese fluently said it wasn't very good because they focus on mindless repetition instead of good methods or learning. So, yeah, if anything, I think that one series in particular probably wouldn't be a good choice x3

Cute_Spide

Postby Cute_Spide » Wed May 27, 2015 1:41 am

Unexpected wrote:
Cute_Spide wrote:I'm learning Japanese in college as my first major, but my Japanese keyboard on my laptop stopped working one day and I haven't been able to get it working v.v Are you using the Genki textbooks?

It stopped working? Weird... I wish I knew what the problem could be D: The Japanese keyboard should be working as long as you choose Japanese as one of the keyboards in the language options on Windows. I think you need to have IME installed too, but that should have come with the computer. Maybe something happened and IME stopped working for you? Maybe you could try reinstalling it.

And I haven't heard of the Genki textbooks. The ones I use are made by my own Japanese school, they're meant for Brazilian students of Japanese. I've heard of a series of books called Minna no Nihongo, but I remember my friend who speaks Japanese fluently said it wasn't very good because they focus on mindless repetition instead of good methods or learning. So, yeah, if anything, I think that one series in particular probably wouldn't be a good choice x3

Yeah, I have no idea what happened, I have tried all sorts of things to get it to work too. It just won't show up anymore as an option? idk, it really sucks

Yeah, Genki is the textbook that most schools in America use for Japanese, I hear. There are a few more, but I don't know if any are as good as Genki for the school environment. I do, however, really like Japanese Dymistified for self teaching, I used that for years and it really seemed good :D Also, I think I heard of Minna no Nihongo and that it was bad :/

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Wed May 27, 2015 1:48 am

Unexpected wrote:僕もレイリーの大きい鼻が好きです!なぜ他の人があれが嫌いか分かりません。 :lol: とにかく、十人十色。

日本語で「ズボンの蛇」という表現があるかな・・・ :lol: 自分の母語のポルトガル語でそんな表現を聞いたこと覚えてないし。そんな冗談を翻訳することが難しいですね。とにかく僕ももっとキャラクターを見たいです。悪役はだれですかな・・・バンジョーカズイのように魔女ですかな。

「十人十色」を聞いたことがありませんが、とても素敵な言葉ですね。 :) 僕はその言葉を覚えなければならない。 ありがとう!

バンジョーとカズーイは日本語版が冗談が違っているかな。翻訳はとても難しいです!あ、悪役はKickstarterを終わることまでに来るかな。僕は怖くて可笑しい悪役がほしいです!
Taylonic Ltd.

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Wed May 27, 2015 3:04 am

Cute_Spide wrote:Yeah, I have no idea what happened, I have tried all sorts of things to get it to work too. It just won't show up anymore as an option? idk, it really sucks

Yeah, Genki is the textbook that most schools in America use for Japanese, I hear. There are a few more, but I don't know if any are as good as Genki for the school environment. I do, however, really like Japanese Dymistified for self teaching, I used that for years and it really seemed good :D Also, I think I heard of Minna no Nihongo and that it was bad :/

That's weird. It's as if it didn't even exist in your computer, then. Have you tried re-downloading the language packs from Microsoft's site?

And I might have to check out that Japanese Dymistified book sometime! The more material for Japanese studies, the merrier :D

Taylor wrote:
「十人十色」を聞いたことがありませんが、とても素敵な言葉ですね。 :) 僕はその言葉を覚えなければならない。 ありがとう!

バンジョーとカズーイは日本語版が冗談が違っているかな。翻訳はとても難しいです!あ、悪役はKickstarterを終わることまでに来るかな。僕は怖くて可笑しい悪役がほしいです!

実は「十人十色」は一つの言葉じゃなくて、表現です。僕もその表現をしらなかったが、辞書で「to each their own」という表現を探索しました。 :lol: 所で、あなたは何辞書を使いますか?僕はだいたい「beta.jisho.org」というサイトを使います。

バンジョーの日本語版と言えば、実は友達がそのバージョンを遊んだことがあります!面白そうです。もちろんKickstarterが終わったあとで悪役が現される!さらに、きっととても面白いキャラクターです! :D

Return to “Community Discussion”