What other games are you excited for?

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
polomi

What other games are you excited for?

Postby polomi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Let's share other games that we keep an eye on. Here are the ones that I think are worth knowing more about, you can click on the titles to see trailers if they're available:

• Lobodestroyo, 3D platformer: This is the 3D platformer that looks the most interesting to me after Ukulele.
  • A Hat In Time, 3D platformer: Yet another 3D platformer, the beta is out at last, it looks good enough! Should keep us busy while we wait for Ukulele.
  • La-Mulana 2, metroidvania: You're an explorer kind of like Indiana Jones in some mysterious ruins. Very difficult, hard enigmas, great atmosphere and soundtrack.
  • Rivals of Aether, platform fighter: The core idea is similar to Smash Bros, but it looks much more agressive than Smash 4, so I'm pretty interested in it.
  • Titan Souls, top down action: You have one arrow and there are giant bosses. Looks like a great atmospheric game with epic boss battles. The animations look amazing.
  • Assault Android Cactus, top down action: The characters kind of remind me of Jet Force Gemini, which is a good thing. The gameplay looks really hectic!
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer: I love roguelikes, I love rhythm games, and here I can have both!
  • Killing Floor 2, coop FPS: 90 animations per type of enemy depending on where you shoot them? Permanent blood added to the textures that don't disappear? Slow motion mode with gigantic blood explosions? Weapon animations recorded above 200fps? This will feel so good and so satisfying to play! It will be so much fun.
  • Hive Jump, coop 2D action: You fight hordes of aliens with your friends. Looks like tons of fun.
  • Drift Stage, racing: Old school racing game. The atmosphere is really a throwback to the late 80 and early 90 racing games!
  • Half-Life 3: wait, nevermind.

That's mostly what's on my radadr. There are two other games that look interesting but I don't know enough about them yet to know if I'll enjoy them for sure: Hyper Light Drifter and Jotun.

What are the ones you're waiting for? :P
Last edited by polomi on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor

Re: What other games are you excited for?

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Playtonic's Game 02
Playtonic's Game 03
Playtonic's Game 04
Playtonic's Game 05
Playtonic's Game 06
Playtonic's Game 07
Playtonic's Game 08

As well as all the 3D platformers in development right now. A Hat In Time, Lobodestroyo etc. -- I've also heard rumours that some of the big game studios are working hard on their own 3D platformers.

I'm not currently excited for any other games, to be honest.
Taylonic Ltd.

Prof__Yogert

Postby Prof__Yogert » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:29 pm

i am really excited for N's game lineup this year, namely;
splatoon
kirby
yoshies woolly world

and loads of others im most likely forgeting. outside of them im really hyped for killing floor 2 and fallout 4(again im sure i forgot loads)
I already know the ending it's The part that makes your face implode I don't know what makes your face implode But that's the way the movie ends

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Ukulele Party
Ukulele Kart
Super Ukulele Smash Bros.
Ukulele RPG
The Legend of Ukelele
Ukulele Crossing
Call of Ukulele

polomi

Postby polomi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Prof__Yogert wrote:splatoon

I'd be all over this one if I had a Wii U! :)

Shoegayzer

Postby Shoegayzer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:02 pm

-
Last edited by Shoegayzer on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

polomi

Postby polomi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Pretty interesting games! The usual complaint about No Man's Sky is that nobody really knows what the game is about, what there is to do exactly, except looking around. I'm not holding my breath because that's exactly how I feel about it.

I should have added Star Citizen to my list. Really hope that it can keep up with the huge hype that it generated. If it does, it will be a hell of a game. It's so impressive in every way.

Enrel

Postby Enrel » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Ummm it's hard to say what games I'm super excited for, there's one that I'm biased towards because my friend worked REALLY HARD ON IT and I've had a hand in some of it's development.

Illuminacsii A roguelike FPS: Quirky Humor in an the ascii style. If you like Roguelikes or shooters this should be right up your alley.

Shoegayzer

Postby Shoegayzer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:22 pm

-
Last edited by Shoegayzer on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alph

Postby Alph » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:46 pm

I'm really excited about the other indie 3D platformers coming out (particularly Lobodestroyo and A Hat in Time). And I'm also really excited for pretty much everything Nintendo has coming up (well, except Mario Party 10...I feel pretty lukewarm about that one).

And also, Arkham Knight looks awesome. Almost enough to convince me to buy an XB1 or PS4 just so I can play it.

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Another person excited for A Hat in Time and Lobodestroyo! Also really, really looking forward to the new Zelda game for the Wii U (Zelda is my favourite series), Splatoon (I hate shooting games but that one has definitely caught my eye), and Yoshi's Wooly World. There's probably more but I have an awful memory.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:24 pm

I guess I'll throw in a vote for Mario Party 10... but it's more of a case of buying it when I get round to it. Not too excited!
Taylonic Ltd.

Krvavi Abadas

Postby Krvavi Abadas » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm just going to list games that match with the tone of Project Ukulele.

• A Hat In Time: Technically it's already out due to the Beta (Which i own), but i'm still quite excited for the full game.
  • Dad By The Sword: Just look at the game description, it sounds absolutely ridiculous. "Dad By The Sword is a game about YOUR DAD running around in jorts and slaying Anti-Dads with a claymore." If Playtonic ever needs any new writers, i think they should hire these guys.
  • Shovel Knight (Xbox One version): You know exactly why if you are a fan of Rare's stuff in general and not just Banjo (In case you aren't, the Xbox one version of Shovel Knight features the Battletoads as console exclusive special guest characters.), also, assuming their appearance is foreshadowing a new game, i'm excited for that game as well.
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night: I haven't actually played Persona 4, but when i saw the announcement trailer for this game, i basically died laughing at how ridiculous it looks. Then there's the opening theme, which makes the DK Rap look like a strand of shredded cheese in comparison of how cheesy it sounds.
  • Tembo The Badass Elephant: I'm mainly interested because of bizarre the creation of it is. Game Freak, a company that's mainly well known for Pokemon, is developing a game that is not only on non-Nintendo platforms, but isn't even getting released on a Nintendo console?
  • Tearaway Unfolded: Tearaway is easily the best game on the Vita, so seeing a semi-sequel to it (It's supposed to be a "re-imagining" of the game for PS4, but it seems to mostly consist of new areas.) is pretty great.
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia vs. Sega Hard Girls: I haven't really heard good things about the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise, but the SEGA Hard Girls franchise is absolutely amazing (Unfortunately, only the anime has been localized so far, but i'd highly encourage that you go and watch it: http://www.crunchyroll.com/hi-scool-seha-girls ) and this is the very first game that is mostly about them (They've made a few appearances in a couple of Free to Play games, as well as Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, but they can only really be considered small cameos.), and considering how Neptunia has a pretty good track record for Localisations, i'd imagine it's pretty much confirmed it will get localized.

Yitsul

Postby Yitsul » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Yoshi's Wooly World
    Splatoon
    Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
    Cuphead
    Fire Emblem: If
    A Hat in Time

iggy

Postby iggy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:08 pm

Hmm...

• Bloodborne
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Persona 5
  • No Man's Sky
  • The Witness (Jonathan Blow's next game)
  • Wild (Michel Ancel's next game)
  • Mewgenics/Super Meat Boy Forever (Team Meat's next games)

...and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Tamashii7

Postby Tamashii7 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Splatoon: looks to be a breath of fresh air for a painfully stagnant genre. Loving the focus on territory control and team coordination.
Xenoblade Chronicles: played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. One of the best rpgs of last gen, had some beautiful areas. This new entry looks like it could be even bigger than Skyrim, and with more interesting combat.
Yoshi's Woolly World: Overdose of cuteness. The art style looks incredible, and the game looks to have great platforming as well.
Zelda WiiU: Looks great so far. If Nintendo manages to combine the feeling of freedom and adventure in Wind Waker and Link Between Worlds with the storytelling of Majora's Mask, Zelda WiiU could be something really remarkable.

Yuke Quantum

Postby Yuke Quantum » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:21 pm

iggy wrote:Hmm...

• Bloodborne
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Persona 5
  • No Man's Sky
  • The Witness (Jonathan Blow's next game)
  • Wild (Michel Ancel's next game)
  • Mewgenics/Super Meat Boy Forever (Team Meat's next games)

...and probably some others I'm forgetting.

I know this is an old post but I was curious if you played NMS and The Witness and your opinion (if you did play).
-Yuke Quantum
the thirst exploder

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Mario Oddysee
A Hat in Time
Lobodestroyo

... and recent additions:

Mario + Rabbids
Rocket League Switch
Pokémon RPG in Switch
Metroid Prime 4

and that new Mario game. And I want it now.

krkchok

Postby krkchok » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 am

Reverie (PS-Vita) Reverie is an action adventure game set on a fictional island in New Zealand, inspired by the legend of Maui and the Giant Fish where the demigod himself fishes up the North Island with a powerful fishhook.

Return to “Community Discussion”